VP Cheney's daughter called a "big Lezzie" at Dean Fund Raiser - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2003, 12:11 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
I have this impending sense of the Election from Hell 2004. It's not going to be pretty, to say the least.
Oh, good god, I hope that won't be the case......

Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth
you'd think people would pay some more attention to the serious issues.
Yeah, that'd be awfully nice, wouldn't it?

I must agree with melon and BonoVoxSupastar on this one. .

Angela

Old 12-18-2003, 08:33 AM   #47
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:49 AM
Are Bush and Dean really the best each party could pull for this coming election?

Sheesus...I feel for you Americans...

Old 12-18-2003, 09:14 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Are Bush and Dean really the best each party could pull for this coming election?

That's what I mean by the Election From Hell. Ugh. I'd prefer to respect the candidates more. We're voting for a leader and this is the best we can come up with? Damn.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:16 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sue4u2
This isn't the first time Dean has either said or been involved in something innappropiate. I'll have to go back to find exactly what he said about getting in touch with the "confederate flag in truck window of southern voter's - something like that. This fund raiser business, if it's true, does make me furious. I believe it will come out if it was that bad. Matter of fact I am sending the article to someone in the Democratic party of Alabama to see if they can find out more about it. I love a good joke as well as the next person and even send some jokes around to co workers - but I do not listen to or participate in the telling of ethnic jokes and slurs and find this repugnant. If this is the kind of person he is I certainly wouldn't vote for him even if the party does nominate him. I won't vote for Bush either, but I can still write in my choice. Who ever that is??
Sue, let me know what the guy's response is OK? I don't think this is trivia. This is issues of gender, issues that are pretty damned important to me. I want to know what our party leaders are saying about this. They need to face it, not duck it.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:21 AM   #50
you are what you is

Local Time: 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

let both of them drop their pants
we'll get out a ruler and will decide who is the better man right now

oh, you said election

same difference
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 12-18-2003, 05:12 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:49 PM
I say this nation is fucked regardless.

I have no hope from any of our idiotic leaders or leader-wannabes.

Melon
Old 12-18-2003, 05:41 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
I say this nation is fucked regardless.

I have no hope from any of our idiotic leaders or leader-wannabes.

Melon
I agree.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:47 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76

Sue, let me know what the guy's response is OK? I don't think this is trivia. This is issues of gender, issues that are pretty damned important to me. I want to know what our party leaders are saying about this. They need to face it, not duck it.
I want to know also, Verte.. This is a woman I am talking too and I'll be speaking with her tomorrow. I spoke with her last night and the article has been forwarded but she has family members in for the weekend. I'll let you know.

I have to agree with Bonovox's point:
"I love how everyone is making character judgements and they haven't even read a full transcript."

Is there even a transcript at all? Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.. (or, something like that)
I can't believe even half of what I see most of the time.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:13 AM   #54
Refugee

Local Time: 05:49 PM
Ummm, you all are quoting an article from the NY Post?!?! Hahahaha! And you don't think that an opinion piece from an admittedly conservative "journalist" in an admittedly conservative news paper isn't going to paint things in the worst possible light?

The republicans are spewing stuff like this for lack of any real dirt on Dean. I'm sick and tired of reading crap like this, only to find out it was either blown out of proportion (or even outright lies) a few months down the road. They did the same thing in 2000 with Al Gore. Hell, I know people who still think that Al Gore claimed to have invented the Internet.

Stuff like this is a really effective campaign weapon (as obvious by this thread). People run with this stuff, and by the time it gets rebuked, it's already been accepted as fact by half the country. The only redeeming factor in this case is that pretty much anyone who would bother reading the NY Post is already a steadfast Bush supporter.

Still, I'm surprised they brought up the sealing of any records, since Bush himself is the master of records sealing. He has sealed his own records as Gov of Texas, as well as his dad's and Ronnie Reagan's presidential records, the latter against federal law. Of course had he not done that, a good portion of his current staff would have a LOT of questions to answer, since many of them were Reagan era employees.

And now I've broken my promise to myself not to post in this forum.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:39 AM   #55
Blue Crack Distributor

for an american to say this nation is "fucked" is an insult to the entire continent of africa, amongst others...
Old 12-19-2003, 10:33 AM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
for an american to say this nation is "fucked" is an insult to the entire continent of africa, amongst others...
It's called pessimism. You're right compared to Africa we've got it pretty damn good. The issue as per the U.S. is concerned is how we view our leadership, and what standards and values we use to look at it. Obviously we will not all agree on this stuff. If we did we wouldn't need democracy.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:17 AM   #57
Blue Crack Distributor

i know what it's called... i have plenty of it myself. i stand by my comment
Old 12-20-2003, 12:32 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i know what it's called... i have plenty of it myself. i stand by my comment
That's cool, fine.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:30 AM   #59
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:49 PM
(joining this thread late, but...)

I'm really disappointed in Dean. I agree that if he was really "livid," he should have gotten up and stopped the remarks. It was his event and he would have had every right to do so. There is already some evidence that this harsh, "in-your-face" approach is not working (positively enough) with very young voters, around 18-26. While I think it's a good sign that voters my age don't like this crap, it also means that Dean is going to lose support among young voters--and the most likely person for him to lose them to is not Gephardt or Kerry, but Bush. He's undermining himself and I'm very disheartened by this. I can't defend it at all, not when HE WAS THERE and did nothing to stop it. It would be different if he wasn't there and didn't know what was happening.

Join Amnesty.