VP Cheney Accidentally Shoots Fellow Hunter - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2006, 08:49 AM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

“This is something that happens from time to time. You now, I’ve been peppered pretty well myself,” said Armstrong.
So, this is why she was taking cover in the car? Find another "sport", Cheney!

Old 02-13-2006, 08:51 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:33 PM
huffingtonpost.com

The above photo shows Vice President Dick Cheney speaking to reporters at the bedside of the man who he "accidentally" shot this weekend while on a hunting trip in Texas (full story).

A spokesman for the vice president identified the shooting victim as Harry Whittington, but sources close to the incident suggest "Harry Whittington" is a Secret Service code name for Cheney's indicted former chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

"Honestly, I didn't mean to shoot Scoot-- I mean, Harry Whittington," the vice president told reporters in "Mr. Whittington's" hospital recovery room.

The shooting occurred several days after it was revealed that Mr. Libby told special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald he was ordered by Vice President Cheney to leak classified national security documents to the press. The revelation could cost Cheney his job and whatever remains of his reputation amongst both Democrats and Republicans.

An EMT who attended to "Mr. Whittington" told the Huffington Post that, during the ambulance ride, he overheard Cheney mumbling, "Who's leaking now, f***ker?" and, "F***ker survived. Gotta work on my aim."

The EMT later remarked to the vice president, "Harry Whittington? That sounds like a made-up name." When contacted for clarification on Cheney's reply, the Huffington Post has learned the emergency worker has disappeared.

Old 02-13-2006, 08:57 AM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Wait, let me get this straight: Cheney was actually aiming AT Dan Quail?
Old 02-13-2006, 09:14 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Borowitz Report

CHENEY SAYS SHOOTING OF FELLOW HUNTER WAS BASED ON FAULTY INTELLIGENCE
Believed Shooting Victim Was Zawahiri, Veep Says

Vice President Dick Cheney revealed today that he shot a fellow hunter while on a quail hunting trip over the weekend because he believed the man was the fugitive terror mastermind Ayman al-Zawahiri.

Mr. Cheney acknowledged that the man he sprayed with pellets on Saturday was not al-Zawahiri but rather Harry Whittington, a 78-year-old millionaire lawyer from Austin, blaming the mix-up on “faulty intelligence.”

“I believed I had credible intelligence that al-Zawahiri had infiltrated my hunting party in disguise with the intent of spraying me with pellets,” Mr. Cheney told reporters. “Only after I shot Harry in the face and he shouted ‘Cheney, you bastard’ did I realize that this intelligence was faulty.”

Moments after Mr. Cheney’s assault on Mr. Whittington, Mr. al-Zawahiri appeared in a new videotape broadcast on al-Jazeera to announce that he was uninjured in the vice president’s attack because, in his words, “I was in Pakistan.”

An aide to the vice president said he believed that the American people would believe Mr. Cheney’s version of events, but added, “If he was going to shoot any of his cronies right now it’s a shame it wasn’t Jack Abramoff.”

At the White House, President George W. Bush defended his vice president’s shooting of a fellow hunter, saying that the attack sent “a strong message to terrorists everywhere.”

“The message is, if Dick Cheney is willing to shoot an innocent American citizen at point-blank range, imagine what he’ll do to you,” Mr. Bush said.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:31 AM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 02-13-2006, 09:34 AM   #36
War Child

Local Time: 06:33 PM
I love the last line of this newsstory . . .

'Mary Matalin, an adviser to the Vice-President, said he felt "bad, obviously".

"On the other hand, he was not careless or incautious or violated any of the rules," she said. "He didn't do anything he wasn't supposed to do."'

If you want to read the whole thing - Texas lawyer finds himself in Cheney's line of fire
Old 02-13-2006, 09:52 AM   #37
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

I bet if Dick had any military experience, this all would have been avoided. Too bad he was so "busy" back then. Karma is gonna rape this man bloody.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:02 AM   #38
New Yorker

A little humor.

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle11863.htm
Old 02-13-2006, 10:32 AM   #39
War Child

One news report I heard overnight at work claimed the poor guy was a major Republican contributor...maybe he didn't contribute enough?
Old 02-13-2006, 01:38 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

huffingtonpost.com

Michelle Pilecki Mon Feb 13, 10:31 AM ET

The scoop on the shooting accident involving Vice President Cheney belongs to the political reporter at the Corpus Christi Caller-Times who "had built up a strong source relationship" with the owner of the ranch where the shooting occured, according to Editor & Publisher. The reporter, Jaime Powell, then confirmed the report with Cheney's office in Washington. E&P notes: "The Cheney spokesman Powell spoke with, Lea Anne McBride, would not comment on whether the White House would have ever released the information had the Caller-Times not contacted them."

That seems to be the top question, right up there with: why was there an 18-hour delay in reporting the story? It's not like the Caller-Times beat reporters weren't checking with law enforcement on their usual regular basis, E&P says.

[Beth] Francesco, at the Corpus Christi paper, said she felt it was a bit odd that her newsroom had not received any information about the shooting since "we often call law enforcement in area, even on weekends. We checked in and didn't hear anything about it."

Also odd was the story that the shooting victim, Harry Whittington, 78, was "bruised more than bloodied" according to the Houston Chronicle, and "his pride was hurt more than anything else." Yet, notes E&P, he was airlifted to a hospital and had spent more than a day in an intensive care unit. By the time the story went national, the prominent Austin lawyer was reported as being in stable condition.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:11 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

http://www.cafepress.com/thewhitehouse/1201575

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customiz...umber=47574888

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/act/133438837.html
Old 02-13-2006, 02:26 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:33 PM

How quickly we move with the internet...!
Old 02-13-2006, 02:38 PM   #43
Blue Crack Supplier

what a wimp.

at least Rumsfeld actually gets people killed.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:38 PM   #44
Refugee

Is a crony in the hand worth two in the bush?
Old 02-13-2006, 03:49 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Numb1075
Wait, let me get this straight: Cheney was actually aiming AT Dan Quail?

That will show that fuck ing liberal bastard.

He went to the Jayson Williams School of Marksmanship

You have to admit big Dick knows how to handle his gun.