Voter Fraud in Ohio--already

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starsgoblue said:
The damn Wolverine set us up....I'm sure he's behind this...check to see if we can register a Miss Anne Arbor :wink:

As if kicking our asses at the end of every season isn't enough. Haha

Looks like diamond beat me to this story. hey diamond--did a guy named "wolverine" give you this story?

Here in Oregon, a bunch of Republicans who were registering voters, apparently they threw away all the registrations they got for people registering as Democrats. Good people eh?

starsgoblue said:

Better not this year....:madspit:

yeah I know they end the year with purdue and michigan--maybe 2 more losses on top of the 3 they already have :sad: michigan state isn't that bad either. Hopefully we can beat penn state and indiana--ok I don't want to think about it anymore :reject:

I just don't get it--how did they think they were gonna get away with it? I mean they submitted the ballots--so they have thier names. Then they fill in names like Mary Poppins and Michael Jordan. Fucking idiots. rileybug--you got a link to that story?

Voter fraud has always existed. Some have just lived sheltered lives. I hope the news media will restrain themselves and not make ever instance even bigger than it is. Having said that, some high profile arrests across the country could do wonders for the political system.

drivemytrabant said:

yeah I know they end the year with purdue and michigan--maybe 2 more losses on top of the 3 they already have :sad: michigan state isn't that bad either. Hopefully we can beat penn state and indiana--ok I don't want to think about it anymore :reject:

That reminds me...I need to find someone to go to the Penn State game with me.....:huh:

drivemytrabant said:
I just don't get it--how did they think they were gonna get away with it? I mean they submitted the ballots--so they have thier names. Then they fill in names like Mary Poppins and Michael Jordan. Fucking idiots. rileybug--you got a link to that story?

He wasn't thinking -- hence the crack.

I posted about the Oregon thing awhile ago as well as Nevada and South Dakota. Problems abound. Supposedly, Florida already had problems with computers crashing.
http://forum.interference.com/t99116.html

Great. Voter fraud two week before the f:censored:g election. This makes me pessimistic about the future of the country. If people have any reason to cry foul about the results of the Presidential election as they did last time, we're f:censored:d.

I really hope Ohio doesn't become to this election what Florida was in 2000. Why voter fraud? I don't understand it.

starsgoblue said:

Do you live in Cbus?

No unfortunately. I live in Salem--and I doubt you know where that is haha. I'm about an hour from Canton and 45 minutes from Youngstown. Are you an OSU student? I actually submitted an application there a couple of weeks ago and I'm hoping to attend in the springtime. I graduated high school in '99 and its always been my dream to go to OSU. Just never had the money. I just did it to get seats to the games haha. :wink:

drivemytrabant said:

No unfortunately. I live in Salem--and I doubt you know where that is haha. I'm about an hour from Canton and 45 minutes from Youngstown. Are you an OSU student? I actually submitted an application there a couple of weeks ago and I'm hoping to attend in the springtime. I graduated high school in '99 and its always been my dream to go to OSU. Just never had the money. I just did it to get seats to the games haha. :wink:

Wait wait wait. TIMEOUT. Salem? Do you know a Laura J. --her mother is a teacher at Salem HS.??

and the head of Diebold promised to do everything he could to give Ohio to Bush.

What a mess.:|

Published on Thursday, August 28, 2003 by the Cleveland Plain Dealer
Voting Machine Controversy
by Julie Carr Smyth

COLUMBUS - The head of a company vying to sell voting machines in Ohio told Republicans in a recent fund-raising letter that he is "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."

The Aug. 14 letter from Walden O'Dell, chief executive of Diebold Inc. - who has become active in the re-election effort of President Bush - prompted Democrats this week to question the propriety of allowing O'Dell's company to calculate votes in the 2004 presidential election.

O'Dell attended a strategy pow-wow with wealthy Bush benefactors - known as Rangers and Pioneers - at the president's Crawford, Texas, ranch earlier this month. The next week, he penned invitations to a $1,000-a-plate fund-raiser to benefit the Ohio Republican Party's federal campaign fund - partially benefiting Bush - at his mansion in the Columbus suburb of Upper Arlington.

The letter went out the day before Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell, also a Republican, was set to qualify Diebold as one of three firms eligible to sell upgraded electronic voting machines to Ohio counties in time for the 2004 election.

I'm pretty sure anyone in the business of producing voting machines probably has a heavy interest in political events. I'm sure there are as many left wing entrepeneurs in this business as their are conservatives. I'm not sure there is any evidence of impropriety here. Denying them the ability to express their opinions would be somewhat undemocratic I think.

namkcuR said:
I really hope Ohio doesn't become to this election what Florida was in 2000. Why voter fraud? I don't understand it.

:ohmy: It'd better not. I just proved myself to be smarter than the hanging chads when I filled out my absentee ballot. Heh. I think I'd move over a state just to avoid the humiliation. :wink:

I love the fact that the thread starts out with a thing about voting and the second post brings up the Buckeyes. Cracks me up. Too bad they're stinking this year....*ducks bad call bricks*:p

drivemytrabant said:

:sad: no bricks cuz you're right.

:| Yeah, I hope they kick it in gear. I'm probably the only person from C-bus who doesn't follow and love them, but I hate to see them lose. It's kind of a like-hate relationship for me. :wink:

I guess I never realized how many Ohio people are on here! :up: Alright!

Last edited:
Boston01 said:
I'm pretty sure anyone in the business of producing voting machines probably has a heavy interest in political events. I'm sure there are as many left wing entrepeneurs in this business as their are conservatives. I'm not sure there is any evidence of impropriety here. Denying them the ability to express their opinions would be somewhat undemocratic I think.

Those people will probably be quite interested in politics. However, when you are in the business of producing voting machines, especially computerised machines without a paper trail, I'd rather have you'd be a bit more restrained in political outspokenness. These machines will be used by all kinds of people, who will vote for different candidates. To then publicly state you'll do everything to let one person win you immediately disrepute your own products.
So it's not denying someone to speak out, but it's showing the consequences when they do speak out.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom