Voter Fraud in Ohio--already - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2004, 04:04 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:14 PM
I really hope Ohio doesn't become to this election what Florida was in 2000. Why voter fraud? I don't understand it.

Old 10-19-2004, 05:38 PM   #17
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue

That reminds me...I need to find someone to go to the Penn State game with me.....
*looks around*

Old 10-19-2004, 05:38 PM   #18
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by sharky

He wasn't thinking -- hence the crack.

I posted about the Oregon thing awhile ago as well as Nevada and South Dakota. Problems abound. Supposedly, Florida already had problems with computers crashing.
http://forum.interference.com/t99116.html
Thanks sharky
Old 10-19-2004, 05:56 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by drivemytrabant

*looks around*

Do you live in Cbus?
Old 10-19-2004, 06:19 PM   #20
War Child

Quote:

Do you live in Cbus?

No unfortunately. I live in Salem--and I doubt you know where that is haha. I'm about an hour from Canton and 45 minutes from Youngstown. Are you an OSU student? I actually submitted an application there a couple of weeks ago and I'm hoping to attend in the springtime. I graduated high school in '99 and its always been my dream to go to OSU. Just never had the money. I just did it to get seats to the games haha.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:22 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

No unfortunately. I live in Salem--and I doubt you know where that is haha. I'm about an hour from Canton and 45 minutes from Youngstown. Are you an OSU student? I actually submitted an application there a couple of weeks ago and I'm hoping to attend in the springtime. I graduated high school in '99 and its always been my dream to go to OSU. Just never had the money. I just did it to get seats to the games haha.

Wait wait wait. TIMEOUT. Salem? Do you know a Laura J. --her mother is a teacher at Salem HS.??
Old 10-19-2004, 06:27 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:14 PM
and the head of Diebold promised to do everything he could to give Ohio to Bush.

What a mess.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:37 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:14 PM
Quote:

Published on Thursday, August 28, 2003 by the Cleveland Plain Dealer
Voting Machine Controversy
by Julie Carr Smyth

COLUMBUS - The head of a company vying to sell voting machines in Ohio told Republicans in a recent fund-raising letter that he is "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."

The Aug. 14 letter from Walden O'Dell, chief executive of Diebold Inc. - who has become active in the re-election effort of President Bush - prompted Democrats this week to question the propriety of allowing O'Dell's company to calculate votes in the 2004 presidential election.

O'Dell attended a strategy pow-wow with wealthy Bush benefactors - known as Rangers and Pioneers - at the president's Crawford, Texas, ranch earlier this month. The next week, he penned invitations to a $1,000-a-plate fund-raiser to benefit the Ohio Republican Party's federal campaign fund - partially benefiting Bush - at his mansion in the Columbus suburb of Upper Arlington.

The letter went out the day before Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell, also a Republican, was set to qualify Diebold as one of three firms eligible to sell upgraded electronic voting machines to Ohio counties in time for the 2004 election.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:47 PM   #24
The Fly

Local Time: 03:14 AM
I'm pretty sure anyone in the business of producing voting machines probably has a heavy interest in political events. I'm sure there are as many left wing entrepeneurs in this business as their are conservatives. I'm not sure there is any evidence of impropriety here. Denying them the ability to express their opinions would be somewhat undemocratic I think.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:27 PM   #25
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
I really hope Ohio doesn't become to this election what Florida was in 2000. Why voter fraud? I don't understand it.
It'd better not. I just proved myself to be smarter than the hanging chads when I filled out my absentee ballot. Heh. I think I'd move over a state just to avoid the humiliation.

I love the fact that the thread starts out with a thing about voting and the second post brings up the Buckeyes. Cracks me up. Too bad they're stinking this year....*ducks bad call bricks*
Old 10-19-2004, 08:00 PM   #26
War Child

Quote:

Wait wait wait. TIMEOUT. Salem? Do you know a Laura J. --her mother is a teacher at Salem HS.??
Doesn't ring a bell. I didn't attend Salem HS but I've lived right around Salem all my life. Her last name might help. Drop me a PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:02 PM   #27
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by pianorocker

I love the fact that the thread starts out with a thing about voting and the second post brings up the Buckeyes. Cracks me up. Too bad they're stinking this year....*ducks bad call bricks*
no bricks cuz you're right.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:14 PM   #28
Acrobat

Quote:

no bricks cuz you're right.

Yeah, I hope they kick it in gear. I'm probably the only person from C-bus who doesn't follow and love them, but I hate to see them lose. It's kind of a like-hate relationship for me.

I guess I never realized how many Ohio people are on here! Alright!
Old 10-19-2004, 10:11 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:14 PM
http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/30397.htm
Old 10-19-2004, 11:52 PM   #30
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Boston01
I'm pretty sure anyone in the business of producing voting machines probably has a heavy interest in political events. I'm sure there are as many left wing entrepeneurs in this business as their are conservatives. I'm not sure there is any evidence of impropriety here. Denying them the ability to express their opinions would be somewhat undemocratic I think.
Those people will probably be quite interested in politics. However, when you are in the business of producing voting machines, especially computerised machines without a paper trail, I'd rather have you'd be a bit more restrained in political outspokenness. These machines will be used by all kinds of people, who will vote for different candidates. To then publicly state you'll do everything to let one person win you immediately disrepute your own products.
So it's not denying someone to speak out, but it's showing the consequences when they do speak out.

C ya!

Marty