Vote: Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Between These Two, Who Would You Vote For?
Barack Obama 47 70.15%
Hillary Clinton 20 29.85%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #31
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:46 AM
if i had a gun to my head and had to pick one of them, i suppose i'd be forced to go with hill hill.

just saying that kinda makes me gag a little.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2
The best thing that could possibly happen for the Republicans is if Hillary got the nomination. It would be smooth sailing the rest of the way, IMO.
Keep telling yourself that.

I have serious reservations about Hillary for a number of reasons. But this idea that she is not electable is nonsense.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:31 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

Keep telling yourself that.

I have serious reservations about Hillary for a number of reasons. But this idea that she is not electable is nonsense.
That's right. Many people in Germany never thought Angela Merkel would ever become our Chancellor. But Schroeder managed to crack it up.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #34
War Child

Local Time: 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2
The best thing that could possibly happen for the Republicans is if Hillary got the nomination. It would be smooth sailing the rest of the way, IMO.
Yes, Hillary will stir more anti-voting than any other dem candidate, but it won't be enough. In the last two elections, republicans had a huge evangelical turnout and drew half the independent vote... and they still just barely won.

Without a true conservative in the running, evangelicals will stay home in significant numbers. And the independent voters are breaking 60-40 to the dems right now.

That could change, but if it doesn't, Hillary won't even need the south to win.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:46 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by LPU2

Without a true conservative in the running, evangelicals will stay home in significant numbers.
Thats probably true, unfortunately. I'm still holding out for Newt or Fred, which evangelicals would love. If neither gets in the race (unlikely), I'll still go for Rudy, assuming he wins the GOP.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:47 PM   #36
Blue Crack Distributor

i think some underestimate the "anyone but hillary" turnout, and the unfortunate but all too real "anyone but a woman" and "anyone but a black guy" turnout
Old 05-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #37
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:46 AM
I think Republicans, like the Dems did last election with Bush, are depending too much on Hillary or Obama being not electable. They are ignoring the fact that they don't have a solid canidate.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:51 PM   #38
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i think some underestimate the "anyone but hillary" turnout, and the unfortunate but all too real "anyone but a woman" and "anyone but a black guy" turnout
I have to agree with you here, especially on the "anyone but a woman" / "anyone but another Clinton" factor.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 05-23-2007, 02:54 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

In the national polls at this time, Hillary beats Obama. And for Hillary vs. Rudy, it's roughly even.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:02 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

I was very impressed when I met Clinton. While I may get the chance to hear Obama in person and have it alter my thinking, for right now, I'm leaning towards Clinton.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
Because of racism and sexism, both Hillary and Obama do have some disadvantages that a white male candidate would not have. Still, the general election will depend on public's perception of the conflict in Iraq in November 2008.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
I think Republicans, like the Dems did last election with Bush, are depending too much on Hillary or Obama being not electable. They are ignoring the fact that they don't have a solid canidate.
The Republicans have a solid candidate in John McCain. Nearly 50 years of experience in Foreign Policy and National Security while the front runners in the Democratic Party combined don't even have 10 years.

The problem John McCain or any Republican candidate has at the moment are the polls which show 57% to 60% of the public is against the war, while 40% still support it. If the public's mood about the war changes in favor of the Republicans in the next 18 months, then the Republicans will have knocked out the Democrats #1 factor, and perhaps the only factor, in being able to re-take the White House.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:08 PM   #43
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

The Republicans have a solid candidate in John McCain. Nearly 50 years of experience in Foreign Policy and National Security while the front runners in the Democratic Party combined don't even have 10 years.

The problem John McCain or any Republican candidate has at the moment are the polls which show 57% to 60% of the public is against the war, while 40% still support it. If the public's mood about the war changes in favor of the Republicans in the next 18 months, then the Republicans will have knocked out the Democrats #1 factor, and perhaps the only factor, in being able to re-take the White House.
The war is no longer the only reason people will be voting. Sorry you no longer have that life vest. The majority of people are either against or at least fed up with the way the war is being handled.

The Republicans are going to have to go back to relying on the evangelical vote and McCain can't get that.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:47 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Of these two, Obama.

Though I probably won't vote for either.

I'm still undecided.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:50 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

The war is no longer the only reason people will be voting.
No, I think you're right. I don't think it ever was the only reason though. Terrorism is, however, the defining issue of our time and is the number one concern of a majority of prospective voters. If Republicans want to win the WH, they just need to concentrate on talking about combatting terrorism. It's their strongpoint, and they blow Dems away on the issue. Look at, for example, Obama and Clinton's responses during the Dem debate.