Vive la France!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2_Guy

Refugee
Just felt like saluding this great european country where the population is intelligent, charming and cultured.

I would definitely go with the cultured part. I loved walking down the Champ Elysses and seeing the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, Montmartre. Beautiful city.

When I go to live in France next year I want to go shopping in Paris with MissMaCo :drool:

I'm really thick, it's 2006 I go to Grenoble. I'm going to Spain in Sept 2005 then I go to France. :ohmy:

But I'd like to go to Paris next summer. I think my Dad might book something. He said we could see U2 in Paris if we could get tickets. :drool:

I have been to France. It's a wonderful country. I visited Paris and the chateau country, and honestly, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I want to go back and check out Provence, and see the places that Van Gogh lived in and the buildings in Avignon and......the list goes on and on.

I have seen little of France, but i'm in love with Paris. My friend and I are going to take a year off of studying to go live there next year. I just love everything about it - the culture, the style, the diversity. I speak French quite well too, so it's just a case of raising the money :)

J'aime beaucoup la France. Poursouvant, on va parler seulement francais dans cette "thread". ;) (and i can't spell in french to save my life)

I have always enjoyed my times in France. :up:

I can understand french but i can only say Je vous sali marie, je suis..., je t'aime, mon amour, comme ça va...

LOL

Re: Re: Vive la France!

wolfwill23 said:

And the government is good at stealing money from Iraqi people too!

Quite frankly, if I judged France on its politics, I wouldn't love it nearly as much as I do. I am not a fan of Jacques Chirac, to put it mildly. I love the culture--the chateaux, the cathedrals, the museums, its troubadour heritage, and many other things that have little if anything to do with politics.

Vive la France, or is it Vive le France?

------------

France, the one whose president, Bono called a wanker for continued nuclear testing?

Every country has problems, sorry to say.

la France, last time I checked. :)

I wonder what is more moral...stealing money from the Iraqi people or bombing and killing them in an illegal war. hmm. :|

de tout facon, moi je pense que la plupart de francais, quand-meme, sont biens, meme si la governement a des problemes. C'est pas unique dans la monde entiere, il faut simplement voir les Etats-Unis.

It was stealing money, food and medcine from the Iraqi people so that the regime was able to engineer a humanitarian disaster that dwarfs the number of those killed in the war; kill thousands to remove a dictator of have the dictator kill hundreds of thousands and stay in power? there is no magic wand option where nobody is hurt, there is always a price be it for action or inaction and no side can absolve itself of that.

Enough about this, wrong thread.

sulawesigirl4 said:
la
I wonder what is more moral...stealing money from the Iraqi people or bombing and killing them in an illegal war. hmm. :|

Don't forget the stealing money from the program was helping kill them....I am sure you didn't but reading your post I can't tell if you are attempting to make a morality point about America without presenting the whole picture.

Personally, I am not sure I would care if I were God. Both are equally tradjic.

thrillme said:
Vive la France, or is it Vive le France?

------------

France, the one whose president, Bono called a wanker for continued nuclear testing?

Every country has problems, sorry to say.

It's "Vive la France" as "France" is feminine. Their name for the U.S. is "Etats-Unis" and it's masculine. What does that say about our relatioinship??:wink:

Back
Top Bottom