Virginia Tech thread, Part II - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:07 PM
There wasn't a day I wouldn't think of you.

Never before such an event did have such an impact on me.

Wish you well with the counseling.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:42 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoManiac

I hope that's not an actual poster plastered around campus for the simple reason that "Hokies" is misspelled!

I hope everyone that has been affected by this tragedy gets the love and support they need.
Hah! No, our school is notoriously dumb. That's why I posted all the UM stuff first.
That's just a facebook graphic. I'll be sure to tell the group. I don't think anyone has noticed it yet.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:44 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:07 PM

I just got a note from my friend on Facebook.

Quote:
hey laura
thank you so much for the message. it means so much to my family and i, i cannot tell you how grateful i am for everything.
love
allison
It gives me chills each time I read it. Thank you for all your prayers and good vibes...there is hope, and life goes on.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #34
Refugee

Thanks for sharing U2democrat! What a wonderful note to read.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:53 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Local Time: 01:07 PM
That's a wonderful message to hear Laura
Old 04-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:07 PM
That's impressive.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat

I just got a note from my friend on Facebook.

It gives me chills each time I read it. Thank you for all your prayers and good vibes...there is hope, and life goes on.
that is truly a blessing, laura. i'm so relieved for you.

the group counseling went well. it was great to be among peers, who share the same burden of having to manage our pain and having to help the students we are responsible for cope. i didn't realize this, but since most of them left, they will be returning to campus on monday, for the first time since the incident, and will perhaps be having to face the aftermath for the first time.

it is hard being a mentor who is also grieving. i'm grateful that the university quickly saw that, and is offering special services to us.

i also want to thank everyone who has participated in the Hokie Hope day by wearing orange and maroon. and Lies, don't worry, your heart is in the right place, and that is important.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I don't have any orange, but I did wear maroon along with the VT ribbons our Student Affairs Office made available. There were a lot of people on our campus in VT colors today, and we have a candlelight vigil scheduled for tonite.

mia
laura

Old 04-20-2007, 05:48 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
AP Exclusive: Cho family is `hopeless'

BLACKSBURG, Va. - The family of Virginia Tech gunman Seung-Hui Cho told The Associated Press on Friday that they feel "hopeless, helpless and lost," and "never could have envisioned that he was capable of so much violence."

"He has made the world weep. We are living a nightmare," said a statement issued by Cho's sister, Sun-Kyung Cho, on the family's behalf.

It was the Chos' first public comment since the 23-year-old student killed 32 people and committed suicide Monday in the deadliest shooting rampage in modern U.S. history.

Raleigh, N.C., lawyer Wade Smith provided the statement to the AP after the Cho family reached out to him. Smith said the family would not answer any questions, and neither would he.

"Our family is so very sorry for my brother's unspeakable actions. It is a terrible tragedy for all of us," said Sun-Kyung Cho, a 2004 Princeton University graduate who works as a contractor for a State Department office that oversees American aid for Iraq.

"We pray for their families and loved ones who are experiencing so much excruciating grief. And we pray for those who were injured and for those whose lives are changed forever because of what they witnessed and experienced," she said. "Each of these people had so much love, talent and gifts to offer, and their lives were cut short by a horrible and senseless act."

The family's whereabouts are unclear. But authorities said they are under law enforcement protection.

The statement was issued during a statewide day of mourning for the victims. Silence fell across the Virginia Tech campus at noon and bells tolled in churches nationwide in memory of the victims.

"We are humbled by this darkness. We feel hopeless, helpless and lost. This is someone that I grew up with and loved. Now I feel like I didn't know this person," Cho's sister said. "We have always been a close, peaceful and loving family. My brother was quiet and reserved, yet struggled to fit in. We never could have envisioned that he was capable of so much violence."

She said her family will cooperate fully with investigators and "do whatever we can to help authorities understand why these senseless acts happened. We have many unanswered questions as well."

Wendy Adams, whose niece, Leslie Sherman, was killed in the massacre, said of the family's statement: "I'm not so generous to be able to forgive him for what he did. But I do feel for the family. I do feel sorry for them."

"I do believe they're living a nightmare," she added.

Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker said: "Based on this sorrowful statement, it is apparent that the family grieves with everyone in the world."

Cho's name was given as "Cho Seung-Hui" by police earlier this week. But the Cho family statement rendered his name in Americanized fashion as "Seung-Hui Cho."

During the campus memorial earlier in the day, hundreds of somber students and area residents, most wearing the school's maroon and orange, stood with heads bowed on the parade ground in front of Norris Hall, where all but two of the victims died. Along with the bouquets and candles was a sign reading, "Never forgotten."

"It's good to feel the love of people around you," said Alice Lo, a Virginia Tech graduate and friend of Jocelyne Couture-Nowak, a French instructor killed in the rampage. "With this evil, there is still goodness."

The mourners gathered in front of stone memorials, each adorned with a basket of tulips and an American flag. There were 33 stones — one for each victim and Cho.

"His family is suffering just as much as the other families," said Elizabeth Lineberry, who will be a freshman at Virginia Tech in the fall.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:54 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

wow. i'm glad to hear the family is safe. i know there was a lot of speculation. i feel for them too. i couldn't imagine what they must be going through right now.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #41
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:07 AM
That's wonderful news about your friend, Laura. Continuing to pray for her recovery.

I'm glad the session went well, Mia.

I'm not at work today, but I am wearing a maroon shirt.

You're all still in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:04 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:07 PM
Laura thank you for sharing your friend's note I hope the road to recovery is a quick one for her .

Mia Im happy that the counseling session went well for you Really is such a relief to know that VT has done such a great job of providing their student's and staff the support they need.

As for the parent's of the shooter my heart truly does go out to them . They are not to blame for what happened. I hope they continue to be safe :Pray:
Old 04-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #43
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:07 PM
Laura, I think you going home will help you with the healing process. Try to stay strong, and know that others care about you.

Mia, my thoughts & prayers are still with you.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:19 PM   #44
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Laura, I'm glad your friend is doing better . Has she been released from the hospital?

Mia, I'm also glad that the university is helping the staff and students and offering counseling .
Old 04-21-2007, 02:14 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:37 PM
Dem, great to see your friend's message, thanks for sharing.

Good to hear you are participating in the counselling, Mia.