Vice Presidential Debate - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2004, 09:11 PM   #136
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

I'd like to inform you that there many U2 fans who support BUSH! Just in this forum there are over 50 U2 fans that will be voting for him! One of the biggest U2 fans I know is currently flying combat missions in Iraq with the Marines on his second tour of duty there. He is a Republican and supports Bush!

Even BONO supports Bush on the war in Afghanistan!

So lets make some things clear. U2 are not pacifist, and a large number of their fans are Republicans and do support BUSH.

A little testy are we? I don't think anyone said anything about Bono being a pacifists in this thread or that there weren't any Republican U2 fans. Where is this hostility coming from?

Quote:

Unscientific polls that Democrats have staffed people to vote on in order to give the appearence of victory.
This is pretty ironic coming from one of the people who post the most polls in this forum.

Quote:
Dick Cheney never said that Saddam was responsible for 9/11! Who ever claims that is simply wrong!
Twisting once again?! There have been numerous quotes posted in here where Cheney has suggested that Saddam had a part in 9/11.

Old 10-05-2004, 09:19 PM   #137
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:41 AM
on a lighter note my very liberal fiance from Mass says..

Dick Cheney and GW =Curious George and the Man With The Yellow Hat

I say
Kerry and Edwards = Lurch and the little silky pony boy

db9

Old 10-05-2004, 09:22 PM   #138
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
I would say Edwards won this debate, simply because he was always talking TO us, while Cheany seems to like talking AT us, if that makes any sense.

As for the subject matter, it's nothing new. You know, it's like you can ram it in as many times as you like 'Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, Saddam has no links to Al Queda, etc etc etc', and Cheany and Bush will just be totally oblivious to it. It's one of their biggest weaknesses, they absolutely refuse to even think about admitting they've made any mistakes.

And please, don't sit here and try to tell me that Bono is in favor of Iraq or that he shares right-wing points of views. Please. Bono kisses ass with the right because he needs to be in their good graces for Africa-related reasons, because THEY are in power. That's it. But if Bono is just alone in his home, talking to friends about politics, he's all left. Anyone here that's followed this band through the years, I don't think would even suggest that Bono all of a sudden became a right-winger. He doesn't support Iraq, he DID support Afghanistan. I didn't have too much of a problem with Afghanistan either, Osama and Al Queda were there, and THEY were responsible for 9/11. We had a chance to get Osama even, and it is my contention, along with many others, that Bush blew it. Then Iraq happened, and it was completely niether here nor there. The Iraqi invasion is helping Al Queda, not hurting it. We are actually helping the people that planned and carried out 9/11. Imagine that.

Anyway, I'm off-topic. I think Edwards won. He's just much more approachable. Cheany can really be slimy sometimes.
Members of the US military in Iraq have engaged and killed members of Al Quada. If you have some tangible evidence to prove that invading Iraq has helped Al Quada, please show it. Has Al Quada replaced the huge operation in Afganistan that it had prior to 9/11 anywhere in the world? Instead of presuming that it has helped them, please show specifically how the invasion of Iraq has helped Al Quada.

Even though I have met Bono, I don't claim to know all his political beliefs or what he says among friends. The Fact is, most of BONO's political beliefs are unknown among a variety of issues. Its wrong to take certain causes BONO was for in specific area's and extropolate them to other causes and issues for which BONO or any other member of the band has never taken a stand on.

BONO supported Bush on the war in Afghanistan and was against the war in Iraq. I know BONO is not a right winger and NEVER CLAIMED that he was either. So lets stop these extrapolations about what people say and believe.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:26 PM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora

Ever?

Not even once?

Not ever?
What I meant is that it is not a policy like some in here believe. Those that have committed a crime are being prosecuted. The men and women of US military are doing everything in their power to save the lives of Iraqi citizens who are being targeted by terrorist!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:32 PM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk269
Let's be clear: Chris Matthews exposed Ben Ginsberg, Dick Cheney, and the rest of the GOP as LIARS on the alleged connection between Iraq and Al-Qaeda by showing videotape where Cheney contradicted himself between what he said last year on Meet the Press and here on this VP debate. You can't have it both ways and use a connection to start a war and then deny it next year when you are proven dead WRONG.

The truth HURTS. And don't try changing the subject in ANY rebuttals to this post. They lied. End of story.

AJ
Cheney did not say in that clip that Saddam was behind 9/11! He stated that the war in Iraq would deny the terrorist of a potential base and supplier in the war on terrorism. Saddam Hussien was sending aid to terrorist in Israel who were walking into cafe's and disco's bombing civilians.

Chris Matthews is a liberal who has made more mistakes an extrapolations than I care to mention. He knows Edwards was crushed and was anxious to show something for his party.

OH, this place is called FREE YOUR MIND. Welcome to rebuttal city. No one has EVER been proven to have lied of anything in this administration! Its time to stop abusing the word!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:32 PM   #141
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:

Members of the US military in Iraq have engaged and killed members of Al Quada. If you have some tangible evidence to prove that invading Iraq has helped Al Quada, please show it. Has Al Quada replaced the huge operation in Afganistan that it had prior to 9/11 anywhere in the world? Instead of presuming that it has helped them, please show specifically how the invasion of Iraq has helped Al Quada.

Even though I have met Bono, I don't claim to know all his political beliefs or what he says among friends. The Fact is, most of BONO's political beliefs are unknown among a variety of issues. Its wrong to take certain causes BONO was for in specific area's and extropolate them to other causes and issues for which BONO or any other member of the band has never taken a stand on.

BONO supported Bush on the war in Afghanistan and was against the war in Iraq. I know BONO is not a right winger and NEVER CLAIMED that he was either. So lets stop these extrapolations about what people say and believe.
You want proof that the war has helped Al-Queda? Watch the news, man. These be-headings that keep happening? Some of that is Al-Queda. But the big thing is that Iraq has become a haven for terrorists like Al Queda to train their newer members, to build up. This is post-Saddam Iraq I'm referring to, of course. The war is helping Al-Queda because they are NOT our main focus right now. We've taken our eye off the ball. They're not under our microscope anymore and that gives them the freedom to operate and train and plan and build up in general. It's not that complicated of a concept.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:36 PM   #142
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Cheney did not say in that clip that Saddam was behind 9/11! He stated that the war in Iraq would deny the terrorist of a potential base and supplier in the war on terrorism. Saddam Hussien was sending aid to terrorist in Israel who were walking into cafe's and disco's bombing civilians.

Chris Matthews is a liberal who has made more mistakes an extrapolations than I care to mention. He knows Edwards was crushed and was anxious to show something for his party.

OH, this place is called FREE YOUR MIND. Welcome to rebuttal city. No one has EVER been proven to have lied of anything in this administration! Its time to stop abusing the word!
Crushed? Did you even watch the debate? It was pretty even. You could make the arguement for either side winning it by a slim margin. But nobody was crushed. And I'm not even going to say anything about this administration's lying. It's useless with you. You're not going to change your mind.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:44 PM   #143
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

A little testy are we? I don't think anyone said anything about Bono being a pacifists in this thread or that there weren't any Republican U2 fans. Where is this hostility coming from?

This is pretty ironic coming from one of the people who post the most polls in this forum.

Twisting once again?! There have been numerous quotes posted in here where Cheney has suggested that Saddam had a part in 9/11.
Read what I was responding to and I think you will understand. When someone says, "I can't believe I have to say this on a U2 board" and that they need to go throw up, its the same obvious idea of how can you be a Bush supporter or a Republican and be a U2. I'm sick and tired of people claiming that U2 supports this cause or that cause when they have never made a statement on that cause and that being a U2 fan is inconsistent with being a Republican or a Bush supporter.

The polls I posts are scientific polls, these polls are not!

The video Chris Matthews showed, did not show Dick Cheney saying that Saddam was behind 9/11. If you have a qoute by Dick Cheney where he CLEARLY states that Saddam was behind 9/11, I would like to see it.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:51 PM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:41 AM
Was it Cheney of Rumsfeld that said "Bullit Proff evidence'?
Old 10-05-2004, 09:55 PM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
No one has EVER been proven to have lied of anything in this administration!
Oh man, I'm not even gonna TOUCH that one...
Old 10-05-2004, 09:56 PM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR

You want proof that the war has helped Al-Queda? Watch the news, man. These be-headings that keep happening? Some of that is Al-Queda. But the big thing is that Iraq has become a haven for terrorists like Al Queda to train their newer members, to build up. This is post-Saddam Iraq I'm referring to, of course. The war is helping Al-Queda because they are NOT our main focus right now. We've taken our eye off the ball. They're not under our microscope anymore and that gives them the freedom to operate and train and plan and build up in general. It's not that complicated of a concept.
I have friends in Iraq which inform me of things the NEWS never talks about! Can you prove that any of the beheadings was done by a member of Al Quada with the exception of Al Zarqari who was in Iraq prior to the invasion? If so, please list which specific beheading the the evidence that shows that Al Quada members were responsible for it.

The United States has NEVER taken its Eye of the ball. The forces in Iraq are primarily Armored and Mechanized Divisions that would not be used in the Mountains of Afghanistan to hunt Al Quada. The United States has 7 times the number of troopsin Afghanistan as it did when the Taliban were thrown out of power, so this idea that the USA took its eye of the ball is rubish. The CIA and FBI have captured 2/3s of Al Quada's leadership and are currently working all across the world with other countries to catch more. This whole idea that the eye is off the ball is a myth being pushed by the democratic party!

Please tell me where you know Al Quada is operating and training on the level they were in Afghanistan prior to 9/11?
Old 10-05-2004, 09:58 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

Oh man, I'm not even gonna TOUCH that one...
If there was solid proof of a lie, the President would have been impeached by now. The Democrats would of swormed over such evidence like flies on dung.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:00 PM   #148
Blue Crack Addict

No lying eh?

So where are the WMD's?

Where's the Saddam-Al Qaida connection?

Shall I go on?
Old 10-05-2004, 10:02 PM   #149
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

If there was solid proof of a lie, the President would have been impeached by now. The Democrats would of swormed over such evidence like flies on dung.
You really don't get it do you? First off, TONS of democrats have been jumping all over Bush for the lies for a long time now. And as far as impeachment goes, you pretty much need an admission of guilt from the president for it. Nixon, the admission was in the form of the tapes, and we all know he would have been booted if he hadn't resigned. Clinton? He wasn't even considered for impeachment until he admitted what he did on national television. As long as Bush doesn't admit that he lied about these things, it's highly doubtful there will be anything even close to an impeachment.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:23 PM   #150
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:41 AM
Quote:

Welcome to FACT CITY! I will use quotes that even YOU cannot refute, no matter how desperately you try. You can call Chris Matthews a liberal and SAY anything. But what you SAY does not change the FACTS! Let's go to the RECORD, my friend:

From the Washington Post:
"The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al Qaeda [is] because there was a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda," Bush told reporters after a Cabinet meeting at the White House.

Bush said he had called Saddam Hussein a threat "because he had used weapons of mass destruction against his own people. He was a threat because he was a sworn enemy to the United States of America, just like al Qaeda. Now, he was a threat because he had terrorist connections, not only al Qaeda connections but other connections to terrorist organizations."

As recently as Monday, Cheney said in a speech that Hussein "had long-established ties with al Qaeda."

Bush, in his speech aboard an aircraft carrier on May 1, 2003, asserted: "The liberation of Iraq is a crucial advance in the campaign against terror. We've removed an ally of al Qaeda and cut off a source of terrorist funding."

"We didn't do anything to provoke the attack of 9/11. We were attacked by the terrorists, and we've responded forcefully and aggressively."

From cnn.com:
In June, Cheney said "we don't know" whether Iraq was involved in 9/11.

In September 2003, Cheney said Iraq under Saddam had been "the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11."

HOWEVER, during the debate with Edwards, Cheney said, "The senator has got his facts wrong. I have not suggested there's a connection between Iraq and 9/11, but there's clearly an established Iraqi track record with terror."

Now do you want to continue this little merry-go-round or do you want to GET REAL?

Let's put 2+2 together. Bush and Cheney consistently link Iraq to Al-Qaeda. Al-Qaeda was proven to be directly responsible for 9/11. So you are either suggesting that Al-Qaeda was not responsible for 9/11 or you are just denying that Bush and Cheney have been linking Iraq and 9/11 as a basis for an unjustifiable war, which is clearly a position that a reasonable person would not agree with based on the quotes above.

I'll continue this dance all night long, except I will be using quotes and facts and you will be using your opinion and rhetoric.

Have a good one.

AJ