Vegansexuals - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2007, 11:15 PM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

I also remember reading once that the Japanese think Americans in general smell bad because we consume more red meat than they do.
I was think the same once, but found out it's not that simple. Actually it's more like a racial thing than diet thing. Just like the color of hairs and eyes, the length of body hair. I don't think that can be used as criteria for me to choose my friend or partners.

As for the toilet part, something mean to smell bad, and I think the worst thing happenes not when someone ate meat, but when someone take a lot of garlic, onion or leek in their meals. No need to mention when someone who has had beans....

Old 08-03-2007, 11:26 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by butter7

I was think the same once, but found out it's not that simple. Actually it's more like a racial thing than diet thing. Just like the color of hairs and eyes, the length of body hair. I don't think that can be used as criteria for me to choose my friend or partners.

Where did you find this out? I'd like to know your source, because reading that smacks of sterotypes.

And did it occur to you that even if it were true, just perhaps, it could be caused by dietary differences in races? Like the example in the post you just quoted?

Old 08-04-2007, 03:39 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:41 AM
I have been a vegetarian for many years now, but I am mostly surrounded by eat meaters, and I have to say I haven't noticed them smelling worse than vegetarians, it always depends on your physical hygiene, I guess. I smell bad sometimes because I like to eat garlic, and some people find that appalling (I don't smell it myself). Vegetarians can smell bad, too, if they dont bush their teeths. So I really cannot tell. The only thing I know I don't like is the smell of meat. I am usually very tolerant when someone is eating meat in my presence, but I simply refuse to touch it, buy it or cook it. So, yes, that has caused some trouble with certain people who insist on having their meat.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:07 AM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 07:41 PM
Re: Vegansexuals

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Interesting, never heard of that-or of sex being a very effective form of outreach and activism.

abcnews.com

Vegansexuals' Do It With Each Other
Study Says Vegans Find Meat Eaters Sexually Repulsive
By RUSSELL GOLDMAN

August 2, 2007 —

"It is totally, totally true," said Janna Cunnigham, a 46-year-old Brooklyn, N.Y., native, about the smells and tastes of carnivores.

"Their body odor is pungent. Their sweat is extremely smelly. Their spit, and all their body fluids, are strong and stinky. Vegetarian people are not so smelly," Cunningham, who has been a vegetarian for 32 years, and a vegan for 10, told ABC News.com.

Like what Indra has stated,
For me personally if you swap the word "carnivore" with "smoker"......and "vegetarian" with "Non-smoking"I share the exact same veiws......you are likely to be attracted to people who have the same values and lifestyles, I don't see why this is such a suprise.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #20
War Child

Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ylimeU2

Where did you find this out? I'd like to know your source, because reading that smacks of sterotypes.

And did it occur to you that even if it were true, just perhaps, it could be caused by dietary differences in races? Like the example in the post you just quoted?
When I was a Uni student in my home country, I got two English teachers from the US and one from UK are Vegetarians. And non of the student has notice that from their body smell or anything like that. And I must say that one of the vegetarian teacher has quite strong smell and he always use heavy perfume and it just made it extremely unbearable, sometimes. One of the girls in my class could trace him in the building by the smell he left in the air, then point out which room he was in, just like dogs do! We tested her several times, she nearly got it all correct.

In my dormitory, some of the girls take shower on weekly bases in winter, while the rest, include myself, take shower every 2 or 3 days. Mainly because the public shower facility is very faraway from our dormitory. All of us are meat eater.