Vatican lists "new sins"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Thou shall not pollute the Earth. Thou shall beware genetic manipulation. Modern times bring with them modern sins. So the Vatican has told the faithful that they should be aware of "new" sins such as causing environmental blight.

The guidance came at the weekend when Archbishop Gianfranco Girotti, the Vatican's number two man in the sometimes murky area of sins and penance, spoke of modern evils.

http://green.yahoo.com/news/nm/20080310/hl_nm/pope_sins_dc.html

I read something about the Pope warning scientists not to develop an immortality pill. I think they're all a bunch of loonies at the Vatican to be honest. :coocoo:

Btw if you dont know the vatican has shares in British airways, bible bashing hypocrites.

If i became King of the world ( post that would become avalible in the year 2130, after the 4th world war) i would bulldoze the place.

David is in Florence. He should be ok even after bulldozing Vatican City (as should Bono, of course).

Part of the problem with the Vatican defining "new sins" has mainly to do with the weight they place on sin, in terms of salvation. Technically speaking, one unconfessed "mortal sin"--which covers most sins, mind you--and they're ready to send you off to hell.

"Catholic guilt" is a term used for a reason.

DrTeeth said:
I read something about the Pope warning scientists not to develop an immortality pill. I think they're all a bunch of loonies at the Vatican to be honest. :coocoo:

They're fairly well-educated, mind you, yet they also have a stubborn attachment to medieval traditions--mainly those from St. Augustine of Hippo and St. Thomas Aquinas. Of course, as smart as both men were in their times, a lot of what modern scientific knowledge has discovered makes them seem silly.

This combination and their inherent contradictions, I believe is why the Vatican can seem progressive on some issues and completely ass-backwards on others.

melon said:
Part of the problem with the Vatican defining "new sins" has mainly to do with the weight they place on sin, in terms of salvation. Technically speaking, one unconfessed "mortal sin"--which covers most sins, mind you--and they're ready to send you off to hell.

"Catholic guilt" is a term used for a reason.

Yes.

Wouldn't it be fair to drop a sin when adding a new one?

CTU2fan said:
Wouldn't it be fair to drop a sin when adding a new one?

Not if you're intent on convincing everyone that we live in "especially evil times."

The funny thing is that they've been able to convince every generation that they're living in such times since the last days of the Roman Empire. And, yet, we still believe it.

Back
Top Bottom