Vacation time - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2004, 12:58 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:54 AM
Vacation time

I'm going to have to take a short break from FYM while I sort out some personal issues. I've had a tough time lately; a friend of mine was killed in a car accident in June, I've had shingles and now Post Herpetic Neuralgia, which causes depression, among other things. The doctor said this was caused by the stress of me losing my friend. My mother recently had a stroke, which scared the out of me. And just yesterday I found out that one of my best friends has malignant melanoma. Ouch! I think her prognosis is quite good but I really don't know. This is very treatable. It might not be inappropriate for me to recall that Senator McCain kicked his malignant melanoma in the ass. Of course unfortunately Maureen Reagan did not. So I'm worried about her. I'm an autistic and this makes all of this stuff really hard to deal with. Quite frankly I feel burned out on politics. I knew this would happen at least once during a fg eight-month long campaign. This is ridiculous! I think the old ways were better, when the candidates were chosen at the conventions, and the campaigns were shorter. I think the electorate as a whole probably agrees with me, no matter who they are supporting. By Election Day we could have major political burn-out on a massive scale. I am not, I repeat, not quitting FYM. I'm just going to take a break. I will be back when I've gotten some of these issues worked out. I'm confident I can get them worked out and be back soon.

Old 08-02-2004, 01:07 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 04:54 AM
Take care verte. I'm so sorry all of these bad things have been happening to you. I hope things start looking up for you soon and you come back to FYM. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you.

Old 08-02-2004, 01:09 PM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Take care of yourself verte.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:10 PM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 12:54 AM

You will be missed.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:12 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm not sure that I have anything all that helpful to say, but I hope things get better for you soon, verte. Forget about politics for a few weeks, it'll still be there when you've had chance to deal with everything else going on in your life. Take care of yourself and don't stay away from FYM for too long.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:13 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

P.S. We'll keep the smiley waiting for you.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:15 PM   #7
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 09:54 AM
Take care of you verte76, i will miss your
Old 08-02-2004, 01:15 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Well thank God I have an appointment with my therapist this afternoon. I know she will help me alot. Right now quite frankly things are a bit of a mess. The good news is that we can clean up this mess, but it most likely won't happen overnight. It will take work. That's OK, I've been through these scrapes before. My patron saint, St. Jude, has gotten me through some really tough times, and I'm sure he'll do it again. I e-mailed a prayer request to the Shrine of St. Jude in Chicago last night. I know that will help. I am blessed to have this support in my life, and I know everything will be OK. Thanks everyone, I love ya!
Old 08-02-2004, 01:18 PM   #9
The Fly

Best of luck to you.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:27 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Good idea, verte. Take a breather, get all the stuff sorted out that's going on right now, focus on those who need your attention right now. Take all the time you need.

We'll sure miss ya, though . And again, I really hope everything starts looking up for you and those who are ill. .

See you around .

Angela
Old 08-02-2004, 02:36 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks everyone. I just saw a reminder of why I need a break. I just saw on my ISP's home page that the terrorists have killed a Turkish hostage. Good Lord, is this ever going to stop? I just hate it that this has to happen to anyone. I think I'm temporarily going to change my home page so I can have a break from all of these killings and stuff. I want Delacroix's "Liberty Leading the People" or something as my home page for awhile anyway. He's my favorite artist.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:40 PM   #12
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Best wishes Verte

Hope everything works out well. I'll miss you here and in Pleba.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:44 PM   #13
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:54 AM
Take care and good luck
Old 08-02-2004, 03:50 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:54 AM
Sabbaticals are a wise thing. We will be praying for you Verte
Old 08-02-2004, 03:51 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Oh, Scarletwine, I'll do PLEBA. That's not stressful. I admit that I find politics incredibly stressful. I like the ideas side of politics alot. I hate the "my opponent is a crud" side to it, the mentality that you've got to screw someone. I think there is too much of this on both sides, to be perfectly honest, and it bums me out. Political history wasn't even my favorite kind of history. Social history, the study of what people wore, ate, how they worshipped, etc, etc, is alot more interesting to me. That's a theme you'll find in alot of re-enactment societies. Many people in my group actually hate political history and are strictly into social history. I do strongly believe I should vote. The problem is, this can be really hard because I find politics so damned stressful. I wish I didn't.