USA urges Russia to respect territorial integrity? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2002, 03:36 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
Popmartian,

I'll explain it for you. Unlike the USA in regards to Iraq, the Russians have no approval for an invasion of parts of Georgia although, I think they should be allowed to given the circumstances. The USA not only has approval to invade Iraq, but in fact is required to because of Iraq's violation of the Gulf War Ceacefire terms that stopped US offensive operations in the Gulf War. Breaking the ceacefire agreement obligates the US and other UN members to force Iraq's compliance with that agreement through the resumption of offensive military actions that were put on hold in 1991 because Saddam agreed and signed the ceacefire agreement. Any violation of the agreement requires that UN members, chiefly the USA to bring Saddam into compliance!
What approval has the US been given to attack Iraq? Approval from who? And if violation of a UN resolution means UN members are forced to take military action then when do we start bombing Israel?

Old 09-16-2002, 03:43 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:57 AM
Sorry, I clicked post before I was done writing. I wanted to point out that far from having approval to bomb Iraq, the US has met strong and widespread opposition to such an attack. The majority of European countries oppose it, and in fact Gerhard Schroeder of Germany has based his re-election campaign on an anti-war platform. There is mass opposition from both the people and governments of other countries in the Middle East, many of the rulers of these countries fear they will be unable to control the response of their people if the United States does attack Iraq. China and Russia, both members of the UN security council stand in opposition to an attack. And I haven't even mentioned the opposition within the US itself, even some of the most hawkish US politicians are opposed to a military attack on Iraq and polls consistently show there is not substantial support for a unilateralist US offensive.

Old 09-16-2002, 05:50 PM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

The only logical answer to this question is.....???

Take into account that - apart from not being the best on the worldwide scene of agencies - the agency was able to kill just about everyone they wanted to see removed.

Maybe its just a game, who knows?

I am not one for conspiracy theories, but for years when it comes to American foriegn policy I have asked myself this same question- how can the world's greatest military machine not be able to get rid of one man, with all of their intelligence powers- it just does not make sense- thats cause they dont want him dead cause any war is a good war for the yanks- war is good for the economy
Old 09-17-2002, 05:30 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by OzAurora

I am not one for conspiracy theories, but for years when it comes to American foriegn policy I have asked myself this same question- how can the world's greatest military machine not be able to get rid of one man, with all of their intelligence powers- it just does not make sense- thats cause they dont want him dead cause any war is a good war for the yanks- war is good for the economy
Yeah, absolutely. Glad someone is able to follow my vague expressions. I am not an conspiracist either. But its not a big secret wars are great for economy.