USA people please help.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nbcrusader said:
So, how does Kerry plan on getting us out of Iraq???

All he is saying is to do things faster, better or with more help (the question of who would help is unanswered).

None of these elements are "new" in the sense that the current administration is taking no action on them.

Doing things faster and better is not a way to get you out of Iraq?

His plan is practically the same. Operational reality means that both Kerry and Bush will pursue practically the same policy. The only difference is that Kerry has allready announced he will withdraw by the end of his first term - he is telling the insurgents that they have won and any future action is simply a formality.

sharky said:
while you're hear Dutch, how to outsiders view this election?
they had a poll in the netherlands last week

approximately
10% would vote Bush
40% would vote Kerry
50% wouldn't vote or is undecided

all mainly based on Bush' foreign policies of course

odowdpa said:
This was said before about the US:
"I fear for far too many US citizens hold the "We're a superpower, we are all right and everyone else is wrong" feeling. Ever hear that saying "Pride goeth before a fall?" I feel this nation is wallowing in overabundant pride."

That can not be any further from the truth. I have never, not once, heard or felt that opinion. I have felt that actually though in Europe. When I make trips to Ireland, I hear comments like you describe, but from the Euros. I asked my cousin what that was, she said a lot of Europeans "fancy themselves as cute when it comes to Americans" like they know how it really is and we are lsimilar to blind people.

I live here and I hear it from people all the time. Then again this is a heavily Republican area, so perhaps that is it. But there are loads of people who feel that...if you have truely "never, not once, heard...that opinion" I think you either live in utopia or don't listen very well.

In the Netherlands it is not all ok either. Nowhere I think. I really appriciate you all responding and having a discussion without telling me to get lost:):)

I understand now that there are people voting voor GB because he i not like abroad. In understand that the voting is mostly because the foreign policy and not the internal problems....

I understand why USA is war with terrorists. But for me there is a war in Afghanistan, Irak an other terrorist states. Well GB is very good in saying that. Terrorist states? What are they? When is something terrorisim? and for who???

The opinion in Holland about GB is not very good. The arrogance about being a superpower is sickmaking. And then ofcourse not the individuals, but what we see over here. GB is very late with payments tot the UN but is bossing around. GB has a lot to say about Hollands liberal weedpolicy but has a large drugsproblems itsself. GB is so busy with making a war against terror that in my opinion he let te terror in het own country grow. Guns are very easy to get, and the lobby (mostly from republicans i understand ) is very strong. But how many people die every day in the war in USA? How may innocents? How many gangmembers? Children? I absolutely cannot understand this.

"His plan is practically the same. Operational reality means that both Kerry and Bush will pursue practically the same policy. The only difference is that Kerry has allready announced he will withdraw by the end of his first term - he is telling the insurgents that they have won and any future action is simply a formality."

Um, are you familiar with newspapers? The insurgents are already winning. Bushie likes to say he's trying to get international support for Iraq, but he's damaged goods.

Yes i read newspapers, Dutch newspapers......they dont go about the coming elections, because for now its not an issue here. We have enough trouble ourselves to fill the papers.
And then again papers dont tell the way the people on the street think.....and as u2 fans we have something in common.

Just like you might not know everything about my country, i dont know about this. And by asking you get the most information.

Dutchfan

Sorry, Dutchman, I was responding to A_Wanderer's comment further up the thread, not your initial question. On paper, there should be no reason why Bushie hasn't been blown out of the electoral water yet, but some of us Americans would rather vote for someone who'd be fun to drink with (never mind that Bushie can't handle his liquor) rather than who's the most obviously qualified. It's a sorry, sorry state we're in.

But thats the thing, Kerry isn't more qualified. What in 20-some-odd years has he done in the senate?

This is the time you run to google to get some crap that he did and make believe he's a hero.

America is not in a sorry state at all. Sad you'd say that actually.

I'm not a fan of GWB. I don't hate him or anything but I disagree with his basic agenda and I think he's made some serious mistakes. All I can do is vote.

Honestly, I wish Kerry would just say, "when I get all the daily pentagon breifings and reports from the Generals and the men on the ground in Iraq, then I can give a difinitive plan of action" Seems like asking him to give a plan of what he will do is just prediciting. Things change by the moment over there and there is just no good way for either the President or Kerry to say exactly what he can or would do.
I just don't trust this administration, never have and I'm really scared what 4 more years of Bush will do to this country.

Oh, and as far a polls go - I've been voting since the 70's and I can count on one hand the number of times I have been called.
Who really get's polled? Are they called over & over? Since I'm in a so called "Bush" state, do they just forget about the other voters. I just wonder sometimes. That's why I don't count too much on poll results.

I don't pay that much attention to the polls, either. They conflict with each other so much. Meanwhile who's to say which poll is the most accurate? There's controversy over partisan sampling and other things that make these things pretty imprecise. That being said the polls are looking good for Bush of late, but this game's not over. To be honest I'll be glad when it is, and I'll take whatever result we get.

would it be possible for someone to post some links that actually have the stated platform for each? it seems that everyone is just shouting a bunch of vague generalities, and as a registered voter, i would like to make an informed decision. at this point, i have no idea what the implication of voting for either candidate would be. i don't know who to vote for, because i honestly don't know where they stand. so if someone could please help me out, i would be very aprreciative.

Back
Top Bottom