US Presidential Election XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cumulative effect of death by a thousands cuts is setting in for Hillary. Assange is going to be coming out more damaging wikileaks. He has said more are coming in recent interviews.

It's like Hemingway's 'Old Man and the Sea'. The media and Democratic Party wants to bring that big fish to shore on November 8th, but all the while she is getting picked apart. The constant drip of email dumps, health questions in plain sight, multi-day absences from campaign events. The CNN poll has her Honesty-Untrutworthiness numbers 15 points higher than Trump's. He leads independents 49-29. NeverTrumpers are coming home such as Mark Levin. A recent poll had his GOP support at 90% up from the low 70s. Among English speaking Hispanics he trails Hillary by only 5 points 46-41% according to Pew.

The are more truly alarming state polls that have come out in the past week.

Ipsos

Wisconsin Trump +3
Michigan Tied
Maine Tied

Emerson 9/7

Rhode Island Clinton +3
New Jersey Clinton +4

But but but. Those are outliers you might say. Even so it shows a dramatic drop in democratic enthusiasm for Hillary in blue states where she should be cleaning up. More people identify as Independents. It's a canary in the coal mine for the Hillary campaign.

To echo BigMac, knowing the Clinton baggage, maybe the party should have actively encouraged more competition in the primary. Perhaps the Clinton machine wanted none of it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The media wants a horse race, and something of interest. They have not carried water for HRC at all. In fact, the more it appears she's struggling the better it is for ratings. No one cares about a blowout.

if HRC is so weak, makes you wonder how she clobbered Bernie in the primaries, especially in a year when "the Left" is so energized and inspired and she's a candidate with so many, many problems.

and unlikeable. don't forget that. SO unlikeable.

So you're saying Trump is the strongest possible candidate the Republicans could have nominated.

The cumulative effect of death by a thousands cuts is setting in for Hillary. Assange is going to be coming out more damaging wikileaks. He has said more are coming in recent interviews.

It's like Hemingway's 'Old Man and the Sea'. The media and Democratic Party wants to bring that big fish to shore on November 8th, but all the while she is getting picked apart. The constant drip of email dumps, health questions in plain sight, multi-day absences from campaign events. The CNN poll has her Honesty-Untrutworthiness numbers 15 points higher than Trump's. He leads independents 49-29. NeverTrumpers are coming home such as Mark Levin. A recent poll had his GOP support at 90% up from the low 70s. Among English speaking Hispanics he trails Hillary by only 5 points 46-41% according to Pew.

The are more truly alarming state polls that have come out in the past week.

Ipsos

Wisconsin Trump +3
Michigan Tied
Maine Tied

Emerson 9/7

Rhode Island Clinton +3
New Jersey Clinton +4

But but but. Those are outliers you might say. Even so it shows a dramatic drop in democratic enthusiasm for Hillary in blue states where she should be cleaning up. More people identify as Independents. It's a canary in the coal mine for the Hillary campaign.

To echo BigMac, knowing the Clinton baggage, maybe the party should have actively encouraged more competition in the primary. Perhaps the Clinton machine wanted none of it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

:up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ipsos

Wisconsin Trump +3
Michigan Tied
Maine Tied

Emerson 9/7

Rhode Island Clinton +3
New Jersey Clinton +4

awesome. all of those states add up to 48 electoral college votes. big whoop.

he needs to win at least 3 out of 4 of florida, pennsylvania, ohio, and virginia. he's way behind in all 4. that's literally the only thing that matters. it's over. this is 100% the media trying to fill column inches from the lack of real, interesting news in the last little while.

Last edited:
Those Matt Lauer interviews are everything that is wrong with the coverage of these elections.

Here's what I want to know: if what Assange has on her/knows about her is supposedly THAT damning, then why not just go ahead and release all that information now and get it over with? Why does it matter when he reveals this stuff? Just do it now and spare everyone having to put up with this "Oooh, more bad stuff about her is coming!" tap dancing shit for two more months.

Unless, y'know, he's just totally blowing smoke to try and give this race some added drama and feed the 24 hour news cycle, but naaaaah, that couldn't possibly be an option.

And again, I remain forever amused by Trump supporters/voters going on about another politician's shadiness and how untrustworthy they are. They have zero moral high ground to stand on here. Zero.

It's amusing seeing people thinking that there's something right around the corner that's going to be revealed that will sink Hillary. She's been under intense opposition scrutiny for 25 years, and they've found nothing. Millions of taxpayer dollars wasted on a witch hunt that has turned up nothing. If there was a bombshell it would've been dropped years ago. There is no bombshell.

Of the 15,000 emails recently released (and breathlessly reported on by the media) there's a whole lot of nothing. There are headlines that read "email about Benghazi among 15,000 newly released emails" to get the clicks, but then you read the article and learn that the email was actually someone thanking her for her response to the tragic situation.

As for this "death by a thousand cuts," I presume you mean "death by a thousand lies."

Last edited:
I'm watching a Gary Johnson interview.

1. He says he draws more votes from Hillary
2. He didn't know what Aleppo was

Nope! This is why we can't have third parties.

Last edited:
This forum is a dreadful place for those who want to criticize Clinton because the ones doing the criticizing are so batshit.

This forum is a dreadful place for those who want to criticize Clinton because the ones doing the criticizing are so batshit.

Yes, accurate. I don't see much worth in regards to discussion re: Clinton on this board.

I watched the forum last night.

Clinton was slower and longer with her replies than Trump.
Because of this Trump received more questions from the audience.

Also going around today is the accusation that Clinton was wearing an ear piece.

https://www.zerocensorship.com/unce...-during-last-nights-presidential-forum-320171

Hillary tended to not answer any of the questions from the audience directly instead choosing to filibuster. At least Trump answered a few of the questions directly and succinctly, especially the one regards to an undocumented alien and military service.

Both came across poorly overall, but she came across worse (though Lauer may have come across poorest of all).

Hillary tended to not answer any of the questions from the audience directly instead choosing to filibuster. At least Trump answered a few of the questions directly and succinctly, especially the one regards to an undocumented alien and military service.

Both came across poorly overall, but she came across worse (though Lauer may have come across poorest of all).

I love how answering questions with some substance and length = filibustering.

The question on undocumented service members highlighted Trumps absolute ignorance on the subject. This is a non-controversial, long-held process that allows non-documented people with a green card to be on a fast track to citizenship once honorably discharged. There have been 130,000 of these people over the last 15 years. The best i could tell from Trump is that he had no idea this existed already, and that he thought it was almost a non-existent phenomenon, that he would deal with it in a "special way" - leaving open the option that he wouldn't allow them to serve.

It's impossible not to see the gender dimensions of the interviews yesterday. A woman not smiling or being "irritated" is somehow worse than a buffon who always looks irritated and is spilling out BS and factuallty proven lies in public without interruption from the interviewer.

First (and second, and third) question for Hillary: emails. First question for Trump: "why do you want to be President". You're not recruiting an intern, Lauer.

Here's the best line you'll read about the debate;

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/09/a...ection-hillary-clinton-donald-trump.html?_r=0

But where Mr. Lauer treated Mrs. Clinton like someone running for president, he treated Mr. Trump like someone running to figure out how to be president, eventually.

He actually said "nobody would expect you" to have spent time reading/learning about foreign policy. What the fuck.

That whole interview was a travesty. And that folks somehow think Trump came out looking better speaks as much about Lauer as it does about them.

If she had actually addressed the actual question posed, I wouldn't have used the term, but she generally never provided an actual answer to folks' questions.

As opposed to "I have a secret plan to fight ISIS"?

If she had actually addressed the actual question posed, I wouldn't have used the term, but she generally never provided an actual answer to folks' questions.

I'm not sure how you're getting this.

I'm reading the transcript and instead of posting all the text here, I'll summarize.

First question on emails
Answered directly with detail (for the hundredth time)

Next question from audience - Shocker - emails/classified material again
Answered directly again, with even more detail.

Next - Iraq vote
Answered fully, honestly taking full responsibility that she made a mistake in giving Bush authority

Next - Iran Deal
Very full answer, cut off several times by Lauer, but she pressed to try and give more context and detail. (These are not 30 second answer questions, at least when answered by someone that knows actual facts about them)

Next - The VA
while she provided detail of knowing some of the in depth problems, I admit, she didn't give solutions, other than she will work to fix it.

Next - Vet Suicide
Fully answered, as she had just rolled out a full plan the week before on Veteran's mental health programs.

Next - ISIS/engaging in wars
Lauer tells her she has to rush to answer this. She answers about not getting pulled into a ground war again, using different tactics with the fighters on the ground there, and focusing on taking out leadership with increased intelligence. etc...

Next - terrorist attacks
Answers as fully as possible in 1 minute allotted
Increased online presence, increased European action to help, keeping those on terrorist list from buying guns, etc..

I think she gave as full of answers as she could given the ludicrous time frame and it was miles ahead of Trumps answers which maybe all but one, were utter nonsense.

Did she admit how unlikable she is? Cause it's important.....

“I was taking a law school admissions test in a big classroom at Harvard. My friend and I were some of the only women in the room. I was feeling nervous. I was a senior in college. I wasn’t sure how well I’d do. And while we’re waiting for the exam to start, a group of men began to yell things like: ‘You don’t need to be here.’ And ‘There’s plenty else you can do.’ It turned into a real ‘pile on.’ One of them even said: ‘If you take my spot, I’ll get drafted, and I’ll go to Vietnam, and I’ll die.’ And they weren’t kidding around. It was intense. It got very personal. But I couldn’t respond. I couldn’t afford to get distracted because I didn’t want to mess up the test. So I just kept looking down, hoping that the proctor would walk in the room. I know that I can be perceived as aloof or cold or unemotional. But I had to learn as a young woman to control my emotions. And that’s a hard path to walk. Because you need to protect yourself, you need to keep steady, but at the same time you don’t want to seem ‘walled off.’ And sometimes I think I come across more in the ‘walled off’ arena. And if I create that perception, then I take responsibility. I don’t view myself as cold or unemotional. And neither do my friends. And neither does my family. But if that sometimes is the perception I create, then I can’t blame people for thinking that.”

Humans of New York

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom