US Presidential Election XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This move by Trump is such a bizarre one, even by Trump standards.

I'm genuinely interested; what do you Trump supporters think of this? Betrayed? Or is this the move you wanted?

And will he win over any new votes this late in the game?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

by move, do you mean the immigration speech?

He presented 10 points to reform the immigration system that include building the wall (that Mexico will pay for) and deporting criminal illegal aliens. So he's doubling down on all of his previous campaign speeches.

It's heavy handed, but I think a strong speech. Don't know if he can actually accomplish his goals in the real world we have of welcoming immigrants. He was playing to the base, definitely, and I am not certain that tone will win over undecided voters.

btw, the polls are tightening. North Carolina has Trump +2, Arizona has Trump +4, Wisconson has Clinton +3. Reuters has Clinton +1 (data from Aug 31 on RealClearPolitics).

building the wall (that Mexico will pay for)

Except for that pesky part about the Mexican president telling Trump (again) today that they would not pay for any border wall. But other than the fact that Trump's key immigration proposal will never happen, yeah, it was a great "policy" speech.

True, Mexico won't pay outright for the wall. But as it is laid out on Trump's website, the funds will come from leverage on wire transfers (getting a percentage of the $24 billion sent to Mexico every year by Mexican workers in the US), visa fees, and trade tariffs.

True, Mexico won't pay outright for the wall. But as it is laid out on Trump's website, the funds will come from leverage on wire transfers (getting a percentage of the $24 billion sent to Mexico every year by Mexican workers in the US), visa fees, and trade tariffs.

Riiiight. And that will cover the enormous costs of building and maintaining a border wall.

I've also got some oceanfront property in Nebraska to sell you.

I got off work at midnight and watched the speech on DVR. I'm too tired to give my full commentary tonight , but that's coming.

It would be nice to open things up and save the world out of generosity, but we are ignoring the hard facts.

This video sums it up.

https://youtu.be/LPjzfGChGlE

That video engages in a number of fallacies, the largest two of which are 1)the goal of our immigration policy is to solve world poverty, 2)we can either take immigrants into our country or help them in their country, not both.

giuliani-3.jpg

This isn't real life, right? I mean tell me this is just s long dream, or that this is some sort of collective punking of America and Trump, Ashton Kutcher and Debra S are all in on it.

This can't be a real.

by move, do you mean the immigration speech?

btw, the polls are tightening. North Carolina has Trump +2, Arizona has Trump +4, Wisconson has Clinton +3. Reuters has Clinton +1 (data from Aug 31 on RealClearPolitics).

Yeah, I'll admit I wrote that post before reading his transcript, when I like most others, thought his meeting with Mexico was a softening of his stance. Makes his meeting even more bizarre and useless.

Polls tightening? Only in Trumpville, where facts are evil, white is right, and money can just be printed is this a tightening in the polls. :lol:

You gained one poll, now you have a whopping 3 polls that favor the folks that are willing to set the country on fire. Feel proud :up:

Today in made up controversies...

Bill Clinton Used Taxpayer Cash to Subsidize Foundation and Private Email Server for Wife

Oh my god! That's terrible. That could actually be something that takes her down! What was this taxpayer money that they used? Some sort of aid that was misused and misdirected? Did they steal?

The thousands of pages of newly uncovered records reveal sometimes granular detail about how Bill Clinton’s representatives directed the spending of taxpayer cash allocated by the GSA under the Former President’s Act.

Sooooo Bill Clinton took his 100% legal post-presidential salary and directed it to his staff instead? And bought stuff?

My stars!

Riiiight. And that will cover the enormous costs of building and maintaining a border wall.

I've also got some oceanfront property in Nebraska to sell you.

You actually could easily pay for it with trade tariffs (the visa and wire transfer fees is just silly) but then you'd have to rip up NAFTA and basically go to economic war with Mexico which I don't believe for a second would ever happen.

Walmart needs to sell cheap shit somehow.

giuliani-3.jpg

This isn't real life, right? I mean tell me this is just s long dream, or that this is some sort of collective punking of America and Trump, Ashton Kutcher and Debra S are all in on it.

This can't be a real.

Is it actually real???

If so, did Sarah Palin come up with that line? Her signature "also" gives it away.

Last edited:
So Trump wants to punish the working poor Mexican-Americans who send money to their even poorer family? Fuck him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app

I wonder what he'll do to his rich friends who send their money to say the Swiss?

This post would be more believable if you had remembered to mention how she isn't a perfect candidate, that you have problems with her and her record, and that you do understand (and agree) that there's something unlikeable about her.

But since you didn't, I can only assume that you are a black woman in the South unfamiliar with any candidates not named Clinton, or a 62-year old lesbian in Delaware who deeply wants a female president. Therefore, I am going to dismiss all this information

:love:

uhhh are these hats real? i mean the internet is telling me yes, but i can't help but feel like this is an elaborate prank.

kinda like his whole campaign amirite

You do know he has to win Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania before we can even have a discussion about him winning the election, right? It's a near mathematical impossibility for him to become elected without that trifecta and it almost certainly requires North Carolina as well in most cases.

Word? Taco trucks on every corner would be AWESOME

We're gonna come up with the weirdest scare tactics, believe me. Wait till you freak out over taco trucks, it's gonna be yuuuuuuge. And nobody wants to talk about them, but folks, they're out there. I've seen them. You've seen them. And you'd better believe there'll be more if we don't do something about it. And they're bringing in carnitas, and pastor, and barbacoa. And some of them, I presume, are beef and chicken, but folks, I don't know about you, but I want my food to sound American. White power! Let's make America great again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom