US Presidential Election XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's common knowledge that Hillary went out of her way to discredit any woman that brought up allegations about Bill while literally every history from people that knew them as a couple were aware that Bill would have flings on the side. That's information from the women that said they slept with him (or claimed sexual assault), his mistresses, etc.

Wow, a wife wants to believe her husband isn't guilty of the stuff he's being accused of, and defend him? Shocker. That's never happened with women in relationships before.

Honestly, show of hands. Who in here thinks Monica is the only one that Bill had a fling with? Who in here thinks all of the women that accused him of assault are liars? And who in here thinks Hillary Clinton was never truly aware of this activity until he admitted the Lewinski fling to the American people?

I guess I want to know why you're asking things that nobody here has even implied they believe to begin with.

My question is, why is she getting flak for things her husband did? She's not the one who had the affairs (or allegedly assaulted the women), she was doing what many wives have done in such situations, whether they knew about the indiscretions beforehand or not, and I don't get why she should be held responsible for what her husband's done.

You then tell me how someone can be considered a feminist icon when they've acted in that fashion.

Yeah, here's the thing about feminism, there's a lot of complexity to it, and it can mean different things to different women/people in general.

So then is Trump's marriage misconduct on the table? No? Oh sorry *sweep under rug

I always forget. Different rules for Republicans. Different rules for men.

Fucking thank you.

'The lard works in mysterious ways' We caught up with woman who found Donald Trump in butter - Home | As It Happens | CBC Radio

trump-butter.jpg

Well, they are the same party who's currently got Trump as their presidential nominee while simultaneously doubling down on an extreme anti-gay rights platform that continues to object to same-sex marriage, so... Clearly what constitutes honoring "the sanctity of marriage" varies depending on the person/situation with them.

But yeah, the bottom line is that Hilary wouldn't be able to win with some people no matter what she did, really. If she stays with Bill, she's condoning his actions, or she's weak, or not following feminist ideals. If she divorces him, she's not "standing by her man", or people would be all, "But how will she handle life as a single woman?!" (and a woman who's not married running for the highest office in the land? The horror!), or accuse her of not honoring marriage vows.

It's just total nonsense no matter how you slice it.

Last edited:
And if Clinton had five kids with three different men, like the nominee of the party of family values.

They would have shit themselves in a bionic way.

i read that as meaning bill clinton first rather than hillary clinton for some reason.

i am toooo baked :shifty:

Someone's sexual flings should generally never be a part of the political conversation unless the politician lies about them as it leads to a lot of questions about their honesty. Bill did nothing wrong to the American people until he lied about the Lewinski affair. The affair itself was nothing worth mentioning.

My issue with Hillary is essentially lying about the reality of their marriage and also trying to slander and silence women that have come forward against Bill which is completely the opposite of feminism.

And I like how every question about Hillary Clinton's ethics at this point turns into a but Donald Trump... moment from her supporters. As if we're supposed to just go along with potential high-level corruption, smearing assault victims, etc. just because Donald Trump is also a monster.

If anything, we should only be focused on Hillary Clinton because she is the next President of the United States which is why all of this does, in fact, matter.

Last edited:
My issue with Hillary is essentially lying about the reality of their marriage and also trying to slander and silence women that have come forward against Bill which is completely the opposite of feminism.

Do you have any links regarding the validity of those claims? I've heard people claiming that as well, but have not seen anything worthwhile backing it up. (i.e., articles/sites with an anti-Clinton bias)

and?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

...and, they all get along swimmingly, kids stepkids, not sure if the past wives were there, so I can't say how he does get along with his exes, that could go either way...

...and, they all get along swimmingly, kids stepkids, not sure if the past wives were there, so I can't say how he does get along with his exes, that could go either way...

Damn, well then I'm convinced he's definitely the family values candidate. If all his children act like they get along on TV, then he gets my vote. We should definitely sweep all his indiscretions under the rug and focus on Bill. Thanks for shining the light.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

evidence of rape?? sure he has been divorced, but his whole family was at the RNC
The American public has a right to know if Ivana Trump really did accuse her husband of raping her during their 1990 divorce proceedings, two news outlets argued Thursday when they asked a state court to take the unusual step of unsealing Donald Trump's matrimonial file.

Lawyers for the New York Times and the Gannett newspaper chain argue in papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court that allegation — which Trump has denied — and the mogul’s views about women and the history of how he has treated the women in his life are issues in the presidential campaign for the twice divorced Republican nominee.

Divorce records are almost always sealed by law in New York State courts but the lawyers argue that judges have the power to open the record in "special circumstances" and Trump's campaign — including his statements about rival Hillary Clinton’s marital woes — make it necessary for a judge to pull back the curtain for voters.

The filing notes that a 1993 biography of Trump reported that Ivana Trump told friends that her husband had "raped" her in 1989 during a fit of rage, but during the current campaign, she issued a statement saying her words should not be "interpreted in a literal or criminal sense."

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

People are talking

Not good news! He does need to answer for that, would he be different now...? Doesn't make me dislike Hillary any less...a "lesser of two evils" decision this cycle?

I do anticipate quite a battle when the debates start...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom