US Presidential Election XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She could have been mid-aneurysm and she'd still have shown up for appearances today - can you imagine the crowing from her opponents if she'd dared be absent from a 9/11 anniversary appearance?

I know. There are any number of minor things that could have caused what happened with her today, and as far as I know none of us are doctors. So why is this news?

If she has pneumonia, I don't know what number of things you're talking about. She's obviously sick right now.

My dad is a doctor and my mother is a nurse practitioner and, while they both don't like Clinton so understand that bias before I go on, they both claim pneumonia at her age takes a long recovery.

She could be brain dead in a coma on life support and she would still be a better president than that orange Oompa Loompa.

Who cares,
Clinton Kaine 2016 and 2020

She could be brain dead in a coma on life support and she would still be a better president than that orange Oompa Loompa.

Who cares,
Clinton Kaine 2016 and 2020

I guess this is the end of you playing a role for like, what, a year? I was entertained.

It's extremely possible that she's been dealing with these health issues for ages given the coughing fits and the like. It's not like "Hillary" and "forthright" are words anybody would use together.

How many people in here actually expect her to be a two-term President? I've always listed 2024 as when her successor would take over, but every time I've actually thought about it, I think she will only do one term. The health rumors which have persisted for years, the dysfunction in Congress that will prevent her from accomplishing a lot of her agenda, etc. I just don't see what would be the point of doing four more years if your heart, mind and health aren't really in on it.

On the other hand, this thought process makes me rather annoyed by her running for President as I've always vaguely thought she could hold the office for a couple months and then just say "I'm healthy" and call it a day. Like, what was the fucking point other than a complete ego trip?

On the other hand, this thought process makes me rather annoyed by her running for President as I've always vaguely thought she could hold the office for a couple months and then just say "I'm healthy" and call it a day. Like, what was the fucking point other than a complete ego trip?

as in she would fake sick, get elected, be president for a dozen weeks or so, announce that it was all an act just to see if she could do it and then retire to some beach? you've "always vaguely thought" that?

:up:

Exactly right. I'm a bit confused by Irvine on this point because he has been one of the strongest advocates of compromise and finding middle ground rather than lofty goals and preaching to the far left/right converted a la Sanders for example. And yet the two-party system in the US as it is right now is breeding ground for little more than contempt and entrenching yourself in ideology. You win - you make it your job to stick it to the other side until the next election. You lose - you make it your job to obstruct. It has resulted in a government almost entirely unable or unwilling to get big things done. If you introduced a third or fourth party even with relatively small numbers of seats, you would see a fairly quick turnaround in attitude. And frankly if you look at other Western democracies generally speaking there tend to be 2 major parties (typically centre-left and centre-right) with one or more parties to the left and right of those which are almost never in power except in extraordinary circumstances and then often for a short period of time. BUT they are enough to get more interesting legislation passed.

I think the stereotypical view of 78 Italian parties with members in fisticuffs in parliament is not at all representative of what actually goes on.

I don't think destructive political gamesmanship is a natural, inevitable result of a two-party system. I see it as a result of one particular party transforming into an opposition movement in 2009. One could argue that the 1980s and 1990s saw actually very good governance when the presidency and the House were controlled by opposite parties.

Earlier points all remain. I'll only reiterate that this isn't so much an issue of better/worse and more an issue of necessity, especially in a presidential election.

as in she would fake sick, get elected, be president for a dozen weeks or so, announce that it was all an act just to see if she could do it and then retire to some beach? you've "always vaguely thought" that?

I think it's a possibility, certainly. It's not like she doesn't have a great life or a lot of accomplishments to boast of and becoming the first female President is kind of a big fucking deal from a historical perspective.

But I'm not implying that she's faking being sick though. I accidentally wrote "I'm healthy" when I meant to say "I'm not healthy"...I'm implying that she's willing to hide major health issues (if she has them) in order to make sure she can be sworn in by the end of January 2017 and accomplish that goal.

I honestly think it's the least eye roll worthy post I've made in this thread as even her biggest supporters think it's pretty obvious that Clinton wants power and has specifically sought the Presidency for this entire century. Why would she disclose a major illness to the public and potentially harm her chances of claiming her goal for the last quarter of her life (if not longer)?

I mean, did you see the video today that was posted on the New York Times website? The first part is her literally crumbling and flailing before being dragged into her car by her team and then the second half is her emerging hours later from a building and literally not responding to reporters' questions about her health while she engages them anyway by basically saying it's a nice day. If it can potentially harm her, she just pivots out of the way entirely and by not answering questions about her health she's doing exactly what I just argued in the first place.

Last edited:
i dislike clinton but i had pneumonia around this same time about seven years ago. so it's not only possible, but yeah it's really easy to just totally collapse. i'm hardly a clinton apologist but geez, i felt like death and at the time i hardly had a busy schedule and she's on the campaign trail. all i did at the time was drive to/from chicago on no sleep.

Human female has pneumonia, still does her fucking job.

Film at 11.

Thank you.

Seriously, if FDR could run an entire nation while in a wheelchair and dealing with the effects of polio, I'm pretty sure a bout of pneumonia, or being a bit overwhelmed by the heat, or whatever, isn't going to keep Hilary down for very long. Good grief.

This pneumonia claim doesn't pass the smell test. It is an incredibly contagious disease that can be deadly in children and the elderly. Who in her detail is letting her out on the street hugging kids after the fainting episode? Plus isn't going to Chelsea's going to put her own grandchild at risk of infection?

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1473666936.691648.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This pneumonia claim doesn't pass the smell test. It is an incredibly contagious disease that can be deadly in children and the elderly. Who in her detail is letting her out on the street hugging kids after the fainting episode? Plus isn't going to Chelsea's going to put her own grandchild at risk of infection?

View attachment 10878

Please return your medical license immediately.

Pneumonia is a condition, not a disease. This is common knowledge. To call it highly contagious is... shall we say... ill informed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom