US Presidential Election XII - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-10-2016, 07:13 PM   #61
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 12,981
Local Time: 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post

does this routine ever wear anyone out? Trump's insane; Hillary's clearly crooked at this point -- why waste your time denying?

There's a difference between calling someone crooked and implying they had someone murdered.
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 07:26 PM   #62
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 39,196
Local Time: 03:57 PM
US Presidential Election XII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post

Secondly, the world craves energy and we have it. This argument will not sit well with the Climate Apocalypse crowd . . . So be it. Trump proposes ramping up energy production by lifting regulations currently in place. The US has or is soon to pass Saudi Arabia in oil production. Not only will we become energy independent (not beholden to foreign interests in the Middle East/Russia) but we will profit through energy exports of coal, oil, and natural gas. Comparatively speaking we have an environmentally safer extraction technology compared to the rest of the world. We hear about Obama wanting to kick BPs ass for Deepwater Horizon but spills happen with much higher frequency in the shitty pipeline construction in Nigeria, damaging the African ecosystem.

I'm bound to get the "I can't believe you believe in this trickle down fantasy" responses, but I have more faith in the free market than a bunch of DC technocrats who've never run a pizza parlor let alone a multi-trillion dollar economy. The entitlement bills are coming due with the next wave of retirees. We need to start turning a profit or we will be screwed. In Hillary I see a manager of America's slow decline. In Trump I see a leader that will give the economy the shot of adrenaline it needs.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I read posts like this in such frustration, because I want to point out everything wrong with it, but I just don't have the time, and since I'm on my phone, not enough thumbs.

And I'm not singling you out; job creation and economics are not black and white. No one has the formula. ANYBODY who tells you otherwise is full of shit. One of Hannity's favorite lines "it's real simple, just look back at the Reagan years..." blah, blah, blah. It doesn't work like that.

The whole notion of drill baby drill and energy independence sounds great but it's just simpleton. The notion of being "independent" and not dependent on foreign oil is very appealing isn't it, but what are the real consequences? In order for oil to produce jobs and grow economies the price has to be high enough. You move everything domestic and the price comes crashing down. Nice for the daily consumer, nice for the business owner dealing with gas expenses, but horrible for the overall economy. It's a shitty and complicated catch 22 of economics and energy.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg...


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 08-10-2016, 07:42 PM   #63
New Yorker
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 2,762
Local Time: 08:57 PM
If the economy was easy to figure out, then I'd imagine economists would be very wealthy people.

They're not


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BEAL is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 07:58 PM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,973
Local Time: 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
If the economy was easy to figure out, then I'd imagine economists would be very wealthy people.

They're not
That's why we should look to Trump as he clearly knows what he's doing.

Personally, the best people to run this country's economy happen to be the children of people that were already very wealthy. Call it a strange correlation, but they all happen to generate the most income gains of anybody from birth to death. Perhaps success is hereditary?
__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 08:02 PM   #65
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

The whole notion of drill baby drill and energy independence sounds great but it's just simpleton. The notion of being "independent" and not dependent on foreign oil is very appealing isn't it, but what are the real consequences? In order for oil to produce jobs and grow economies the price has to be high enough. You move everything domestic and the price comes crashing down. Nice for the daily consumer, nice for the business owner dealing with gas expenses, but horrible for the overall economy. It's a shitty and complicated catch 22 of economics and energy.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg...

I'd love to listen to Hannity with you one day and just go back and forth in a thread. Hannity does fall back on his tropes ALL THE TIME . . . penny plan, HSAs, blah blah.(Gets annoying) Rush is much more fresh and cutting. I enjoy Lou Dobbs on FBN more than Hannity now.

Back to your point. Your analysis has merit. Saudi Arabia has been pumping like crazy to stop the expansion of US fracking. Its cheaper to extract the gulf crude than fracking the Bakken field in North Dakota. It appears the companies are bringing the extraction costs down. Meanwhile the petro-state of Saudi Arabia is coming dangerously close to running deficits. Once that happens they won't be able to afford the pay-outs to their citizens. I read somewhere that about 40% of their men don't work and live off government stipends from oil revenue. Wouldn't be surprised if the country destabilizes into some kind of violence. Shia and Sunni both reside there and is the home of the Wahhabi sect.

That being said, India, SE Asia, and China have growing demand for oil. Would be nice to pocket some on the exportation to these areas.
__________________
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 08:33 PM   #66
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 52,867
Local Time: 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I thought I snapped Monday peddling Hillary conspiracies or as Vlad called it "performance art"


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Well yea but climbing up the side of the building is just too much. That's something Diamond would do <>
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 08-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #67
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 53,408
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
That's why we should look to Trump as he clearly knows what he's doing.

Personally, the best people to run this country's economy happen to be the children of people that were already very wealthy. Call it a strange correlation, but they all happen to generate the most income gains of anybody from birth to death. Perhaps success is hereditary?
Are you taking the piss?
__________________
cobl04 is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #68
The Fly
 
Debra S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 126
Local Time: 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
You know, I can see how Trump didn't mean what people think he meant with the whole "Second Amendment people" thing.

But when you say bonkers/apeshit/inarticulate/racist/assholish/WTF shit every time you open your mouth, don't be surprised when this sort of thing happens.

Poor Trumpy. So misunderstood.
Don't underestimate Trump. He beat out 16 republican contenders... and he has a degree from Wharton, the best business school in the US and part of the Ivy League (UPenn). And he did blockbusters on The Apprentice!
__________________
Debra S is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 08:42 PM   #69
The Fly
 
Debra S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 126
Local Time: 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I'd love to listen to Hannity with you one day and just go back and forth in a thread. Hannity does fall back on his tropes ALL THE TIME . . . penny plan, HSAs, blah blah.(Gets annoying) Rush is much more fresh and cutting. I enjoy Lou Dobbs on FBN more than Hannity now.

Back to your point. Your analysis has merit. Saudi Arabia has been pumping like crazy to stop the expansion of US fracking. Its cheaper to extract the gulf crude than fracking the Bakken field in North Dakota. It appears the companies are bringing the extraction costs down. Meanwhile the petro-state of Saudi Arabia is coming dangerously close to running deficits. Once that happens they won't be able to afford the pay-outs to their citizens. I read somewhere that about 40% of their men don't work and live off government stipends from oil revenue. Wouldn't be surprised if the country destabilizes into some kind of violence. Shia and Sunni both reside there and is the home of the Wahhabi sect.

That being said, India, SE Asia, and China have growing demand for oil. Would be nice to pocket some on the exportation to these areas.
Whoah, all great information! Have we reached Peak oil, yet?
__________________
Debra S is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 08:49 PM   #70
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,120
Local Time: 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=Oregoropa;8091325I'm more attracted to Trump's plan of getting the government off the backs of business, be it large corporations down to mom & pop shops. Dropping the business tax rate from 35 to 15% creates incentive for tremendous growth in the economy. More growth equals more jobs. Dropping the rate would establish the US as a favorable base of operations for foreign companies as well. All of this expands the tax base. Wage growth increases the amount going to government coffers. This is running the United States as a business. [/QUOTE]


Lol, and you call Hillary's policies the status quo



Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
nbelcik is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 08:50 PM   #71
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Well yea but climbing up the side of the building is just too much. That's something Diamond would do <>
I was craving that Taco Bowl
__________________
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 08:55 PM   #72
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 62,087
Local Time: 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra S View Post
Don't underestimate Trump. He beat out 16 republican contenders... and he has a degree from Wharton, the best business school in the US and part of the Ivy League (UPenn). And he did blockbusters on The Apprentice!
If he's so smart, how do you explain the bizarre bullshit that comes out every time he opens his mouth?

Also ... not sure if serious.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 08:59 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 27,567
Local Time: 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Are you taking the piss?
Fairly sure he is.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 09:04 PM   #74
The Fly
 
Debra S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 126
Local Time: 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
If he's so smart, how do you explain the bizarre bullshit that comes out every time he opens his mouth?

Also ... not sure if serious.
That is strange...he shoots from the hip. Apparently lots of people at rallies dig it. Honest, anyway, right?
__________________
Debra S is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 09:05 PM   #75
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 62,087
Local Time: 01:57 PM
Honest is not very high on the list of words I would use to describe him.
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com