US Presidential Election XII - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2016, 03:16 PM   #31
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:43 AM
You know, I can see how Trump didn't mean what people think he meant with the whole "Second Amendment people" thing.

But when you say bonkers/apeshit/inarticulate/racist/assholish/WTF shit every time you open your mouth, don't be surprised when this sort of thing happens.

Poor Trumpy. So misunderstood.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:23 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:43 AM
So, does anybody in here actually think pay-to-play activities between the Clinton Foundation and her work as Secretary did not happen?

Emails Renew Questions About Clinton Foundation And State Department Overlap

I don't even think her biggest supporters in this thread would want to argue against what has been painfully obvious from the start.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:30 PM   #33
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
You know, I can see how Trump didn't mean what people think he meant with the whole "Second Amendment people" thing.

But when you say bonkers/apeshit/inarticulate/racist/assholish/WTF shit every time you open your mouth, don't be surprised when this sort of thing happens.
Others agree with you.
Trump Resurrects Worries on His Character and Nation’s Violent Past - Bloomberg Politics
Quote:
“I don't think he thought it through. It was a red-meat line he tossed off carelessly to signify solidarity with the crowd,” Axelrod said. “But that is the problem: When you are the president of the United States you can’t do that. The things you say can send armies marching and markets tumbling. And he seems incapable of controlling himself. This is at the core of worries about him.”
It might be because he's not a 'natural Republican'.
Donald Trump’s most WTF moments happen when he tries to speak conservative - Vox
Quote:
These aren’t Trump’s own core issues, or the issues of his base. But they’re important to swaths of the Republican Party. As the party’s nominee, he’s tried to learn how to speak their language. But he speaks it with a heavy accent — and woeful miscommunication ensues.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:36 PM   #34
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:43 AM
This changes EVERYTHING!!!!!

Why won't the LIBRL MDIA SAY SOMTHIN!!!!

Does JA have any proof, or is he just fanning flames? Seriously, the Clintons might be the most diabolical, evil, and brilliant family to ever live. The amount that they are accused of getting away with has no equal in history.

I bow to them, our supreme leaders (and cause I don't want to catch the dead)
Old 08-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #35
War Child

Local Time: 01:43 AM
Trump makes an offhand stupid comment about the second amendment folk taking care of Hillary Clinton -- the flames of hell are slowly eating us, says forum

Public figure known for bringing diabolical govt. dealings to light implies a DNC official randomly murdered might be his source -- deflect to conservatives think the librel MEDIA LIES LAUGH EVERYONE LAUGH

does this routine ever wear anyone out? Trump's insane; Hillary's clearly crooked at this point -- why waste your time denying? Clinton's winning either way. At least leave this election cycle with your intellectual honesty intact.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:06 PM   #36
New Yorker

If I'm going to be honest:

No politician is pure. Running a society, a government, economy isn't black or white. There are tons of grey areas. We as a society have conflicting needs, and it's impossible for an official to satisfy everyone all the time. Someone is going to be upset, and someone is probably going to get screwed over more than another.

You could argue the system creates the corruption, or that the people eventually turn a noble idea corrupt.

When it comes to Clinton, I fall back on all of these theories, accusations, slander, and nothing has stuck. Again, she's either the most brilliant politician ever, or there really isn't any merit to these claims.

Is she perfect? Nope. Has she done questionable things? Yep. Does her name have something to do with her getting away with some questionable calls? Probably. If something were to actually come out that has evidence and merit behind it, I would definitely reconsider. But it hasn't.

I guess that's just life. It isn't fair. She is the nominee, and I'll support her. If the other party had any sort of sanity and direction, I'd consider voting for them. They don't. They have tripled down on ignorance and stupidity.

A career politician who's been to hell and back has my vote this time. I don't have to like her.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:09 PM   #37
Refugee

Local Time: 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
So, does anybody in here actually think pay-to-play activities between the Clinton Foundation and her work as Secretary did not happen?

Emails Renew Questions About Clinton Foundation And State Department Overlap

I don't even think her biggest supporters in this thread would want to argue against what has been painfully obvious from the start.
It's just a few emails her legal team misplaced. Mrs. Clinton has been thoroughly vetted and she's as clean as the rest of 'em.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:32 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
Trump makes an offhand stupid comment about the second amendment folk taking care of Hillary Clinton -- the flames of hell are slowly eating us, says forum

Public figure known for bringing diabolical govt. dealings to light implies a DNC official randomly murdered might be his source -- deflect to conservatives think the librel MEDIA LIES LAUGH EVERYONE LAUGH

does this routine ever wear anyone out? Trump's insane; Hillary's clearly crooked at this point -- why waste your time denying? Clinton's winning either way. At least leave this election cycle with your intellectual honesty intact.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 08-10-2016, 04:39 PM   #39
New Yorker

Claims need to be backed up.

If the Clintons were behind murdering those people, wouldn't it be a story? What does the media have to gain by having Clinton in the WH that it didn't gain with Bush?

My opinion is, if a major network were to run one of these stories without actual evidence, people would lose their jobs. Which is why they're regulated to lower tier outlets, or fan websites.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:50 PM   #40
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

The media, comedians, late night talk shows; there's a whole lot of people that would love to have a Trump presidency from a personal career standpoint. They'd all benefit.

Old 08-10-2016, 05:16 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
If I'm going to be honest:

No politician is pure. Running a society, a government, economy isn't black or white. There are tons of grey areas. We as a society have conflicting needs, and it's impossible for an official to satisfy everyone all the time. Someone is going to be upset, and someone is probably going to get screwed over more than another.

You could argue the system creates the corruption, or that the people eventually turn a noble idea corrupt.

When it comes to Clinton, I fall back on all of these theories, accusations, slander, and nothing has stuck. Again, she's either the most brilliant politician ever, or there really isn't any merit to these claims.

Is she perfect? Nope. Has she done questionable things? Yep. Does her name have something to do with her getting away with some questionable calls? Probably. If something were to actually come out that has evidence and merit behind it, I would definitely reconsider. But it hasn't.

I guess that's just life. It isn't fair. She is the nominee, and I'll support her. If the other party had any sort of sanity and direction, I'd consider voting for them. They don't. They have tripled down on ignorance and stupidity.

A career politician who's been to hell and back has my vote this time. I don't have to like her.
Every last word of this.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:18 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
The media, comedians, late night talk shows; there's a whole lot of people that would love to have a Trump presidency from a personal career standpoint. They'd all benefit.

Also coal miners, plant workers, the middle class, low income individuals, veterans, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2016, 05:21 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
Also coal miners, plant workers, the middle class, low income individuals, veterans, etc.

How?
Old 08-10-2016, 05:24 PM   #44
She's the One

Local Time: 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post

Yes, Trump has shown his respect for veterans time and again.

Old 08-10-2016, 05:24 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra S View Post
Apt point. How are the Republicans going to woo the Hispanic vote? Maybe find someone who can speak Spanish! And the African-Americans, they love the Clintons, don't know why. There is a huge undocumented populist minority who are behind Trump 100%, he speaks for them. What % of the base will vote, and will they claim the swing states? Clinton is depending on the lowly to need her government programs.

Pro-Amnesty immigration is not necessarily a slam dunk issue for ginning up the Hispanic base of voters. Sure the La Raza crowd loves it. Recent polling suggests that Trump's message is finding fertile ground in the Hispanic population. No it's not overwhelming. But the recent Economist/YouGov poll finds his Hispanic support at 35% (better than both McCain and Romney). I believe Romney ended up with 27% in 2012.

http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/08/...ain-hispanics/

It is not a monolithic block of voters. Anecdotally I had a chance to talk to a Hispanic trucker that lives in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas (bluest part of the state). He usually voted Democrat but was in favor of Trump this cycle.

He resented that new immigrants in his area were receiving more in government benefits than long time citizens in his community. He was also concerned about the rising crime rates which he felt directly corresponded to the influx of immigrants. Lastly, he told me many members of his community shared his feelings about Trump, but keep their opinions to themselves to avoid backlash from the opposing

I know anecdotes don't count much in the grand scheme of things. I find it interesting to get the pulse of the people who live a life completely different than my own.