US Presidential Election XII - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2016, 08:50 PM   #271
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:20 AM
In a battle of intelligence or a battle of wits, there will be no 'battle' between Clinton and Trump.

It'll just be him being a petulant asshole, as usual.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:59 PM   #272
She's the One

You can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Old 08-14-2016, 09:02 PM   #273
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra S View Post

I do anticipate quite a battle when the debates start...

Because he's been such a great debater so far?

But if you mean 'quite the battle' by one side will discuss policy and one side will hurl personal insults, then yeah you're probably right.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 08-14-2016, 09:20 PM   #274
The Fly

Local Time: 12:20 PM
He hasn't done badly in debates against 16 very qualified Rep candidates.

Anyone like Michael Moore? I am a big fan! (Check out the movie The Big One about American Downsizing). Here is what he has to say about Trump:

5 Reasons Why Trump Will Win | MICHAEL MOORE
Old 08-14-2016, 09:41 PM   #275
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
He hasn't done badly in debates against 16 very qualified Rep candidates.

Yeah, especially that time where he was so thin skinned and realized he was incapable of debating the issues that he bowed out and attacked the moderator personally?!

True leadership material No, we won't be the laughing stock of the world. Go ahead and light this country on fire, your hatred of Hillary is well worth it.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:45 PM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:20 PM
Marco Ruboto self destructed on his own in that NH debate.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:49 PM   #277
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Marco Ruboto self destructed on his own in that NH debate.

Yeah, which sucked, he was one of the sanest in the clown car.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:14 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Yeah, which sucked, he was one of the sanest in the clown car.

Showed his lack of skills in that arena.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:33 PM   #279
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I do anticipate quite a battle when the debates start...
sure, just like the battle of tannenberg was "quite a battle".
Old 08-15-2016, 12:42 AM   #280
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Someone's sexual flings should generally never be a part of the political conversation unless the politician lies about them as it leads to a lot of questions about their honesty. Bill did nothing wrong to the American people until he lied about the Lewinski affair. The affair itself was nothing worth mentioning.

My issue with Hillary is essentially lying about the reality of their marriage and also trying to slander and silence women that have come forward against Bill which is completely the opposite of feminism.

And I like how every question about Hillary Clinton's ethics at this point turns into a but Donald Trump... moment from her supporters. As if we're supposed to just go along with potential high-level corruption, smearing assault victims, etc. just because Donald Trump is also a monster.

If anything, we should only be focused on Hillary Clinton because she is the next President of the United States which is why all of this does, in fact, matter.
1. Only the two of them, and maybe Chelsea and others in the family, know the "reality of their marriage".

2. I'm a guy, but I think feminism is simply the belief that women are entitled to every single opportunity and freedom a man has and to not be denied of of said opportunities and freedoms just because they're women. One of those many freedoms is the freedom to decide to stay in a marriage after her husband has cheated on her. Millions and millions of women have been involved in the feminist movement over the decades, you think some of them didn't stay with husbands or boyfriends that cheated on them? Were all of them betraying the movement? Hell, I think your complaint might be anti-feminist because I don't think you'd be raising the issue if a male politician had decided to stay with his wife after she cheated on him.

Also, if Hillary was being nasty to those women that came forward about Bill, I'm guessing it was because those women - and I'm not including Lewinsky here because she didn't come forward, she was outed - pretty much all came forward in the manner they did, not only because their claims may have been true, but also because they wanted their fifteen minutes, their chance to ink a book deal(Gennifer Flowers released two books), their chance to be interviewed in the national media, etc. She was probably just pissed that these women were trying to tear bill - and her - down for their own gain. I mean, this is speculation on my part but it's easy to imagine.

3. As far as Bill lying...yes, he lied, and that's not good, and nobody approves of it, but at the end of the day all he did was deny having an affair he did have in front of cameras a few times. It's not good, but he's hardly the first or last politician to do that, and given the circumstances...that Republican House in the late 90s hated his guts, they were going to go on a witchhunt and Bill probably knew it. If he thought there was any chance he could keep it under wraps and avoid the the long, drawn-out Ken Starr witchhunt, you can see why he'd try.

Having extramarital affairs while in office, getting caught, and then lying about it is never good but the lie isn't always the kind of lie that makes you question whether you can trust a person in matters of state. Bill Clinton denied the affair a couple times and then within a few months copped to the whole thing. It's not the kind of lie that make one, or at least me, question if he can be trusted in office(let alone Hillary).

Nixon spending the better part of two years denying his administration's involvement in the Watergate break-in and ordering the cover-up is the kind of lie that makes you question if he can be trusted in office.

John Edwards having a senior staffer pretend to be the father of the baby he sired with his mistress for like a year, hiding them both, paying people off to keep their mouths shut, and denying paternity of the child in a highly publicized national interview on network television(he'll have to explain that to that kid when she's old enough), while all the while his wife is dying of cancer, that is the kind of disgusting deception that makes you question if he can be trusted in office.

There are degrees of deception, and Bill's, while off-putting, barely registers in the annals of politicians who have been caught lying about things.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:46 AM   #281
She's the One

Should we start listing the married Republican male legislators who've lied about gay affairs while voting against LBGTQ rights?

Old 08-15-2016, 01:10 AM   #282
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
You can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Hillary is packing.... wits.

PS. There is no way in hell he actually agrees to a debate. He will make up some stupid excuse because he knows he will be destroyed.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:37 AM   #283
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Again, I never raised a complaint that Hillary Clinton stayed with her husband. That's not the issue. The issue is creating a facade about how your marriage actually works and therefore lying to hundreds of millions of people constantly. You all jumped on something I never even insinuated. The feminist line I brought up was trying to downplay the allegations against Bill from these women by discrediting them, calling it a right wing conspiracy, etc. Hurting other women in that manner, especially in regards of claims of rape and sexual assault will never be considered a feminist stance.

And yes, the lying and deception is the issue at hand. I could give a fuck about the blowjob. Plenty of other recent Presidents have had the same problems with trustworthiness as well and it's the exact same reason why they didn't deserve to be Commander in Chief in my eyes.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:41 AM   #284
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Because for many of us it's the main reason we're voting for her?
No shit. But people don't seem to get that I'm trying to have a discussion about the next President and not about the election. I'm with all of you on the arguments against Trump and can see why you're seeing your vote as an anti-Trump one. People just get too heated in here sometimes.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:50 AM   #285
She's the One

Your discussion of the next president is all about her marriage and how it doesn't fit your ideas of how marriage should work.

Nothing about her policies and plans, her past performances as a senator or secretary of state.

No. Her marriage. And then you keep telling us what she should have done as a wife.