US Presidential Election XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you have no problem with the line about rape survivors saying "you have right to be believed" being deleted from the Hillary Clinton site after Juanita Broadrick made some public comments? Because that's exactly the sort of shit I'm talking about.

Personally, I'm not pro-rape, but everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

So, you have no problem with the line about rape survivors saying "you have right to be believed" being deleted from the Hillary Clinton site after Juanita Broadrick made some public comments? Because that's exactly the sort of shit I'm talking about.

Personally, I'm not pro-rape, but everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

Please explain how this accusation has anything to do with our current discussion?!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Do you think Juanita Broaddrick has the right to be believed?

What is your opinion on Hillary Clinton's campaign deleting that phrase from their website because of Juanita Broaddrick?

Personally, I think all rape survivors should be believed, but that's just me.

Do you think Juanita Broaddrick has the right to be believed?

What is your opinion on Hillary Clinton's campaign deleting that phrase from their website because of Juanita Broaddrick?

I would have to find out more of the story. I'm just trying to find out what it has to do about her lying facade marriage.

So, changing your opinion regarding rape survivors and their right to be believed because one of them says your husband raped her is just alright?

That's exactly the sort of crap I'm talking about. Discrediting an alleged rape victim of her story. That's pro-rape.

What's your stance here? Doesn't matter about what happened to Broaddrick or not. Do you think all rape victims should be believed or are you with Hillary?

Do we even have to get in to Gennifer Flowers who Clinton admitted having sex with publicly saying that Hillary Clinton knows about and enables his affairs? What's your opinion on having our next President of the United States pretend in 1998 in front of the entire country that she's shocked by her husband's infidelities? Because that's a political figure publicly lying.

Last edited:
It could have been removed because she's self-aware enough to realize the irony of saying that while there are women who have accused her husband of rape.

It's possible for a woman to believe that ... but when faced with a situation that's close to home, it can be difficult to marry that belief with the personal.

You are so hell-bent on wanting us Hillary supporters to admit she has faults, or admit she's wrong about something - I assume that's what you want with all of this? Because I'm pretty sure we've all done that along the line.

But you know what? Not everything needs to have a black-and-white/right-or-wrong end game. You don't want to vote for Hillary because x, y and z? Great. Not everyone feels that way, and it doesn't mean we lack moral conviction, it means that not everything has to be absolute.

I struggled wording that the way I mean it, and I'm sure it's not going to come across as intended, but whatever.

Aren't you tired of trying so very hard to make us see the glorious evil that is Hilary Clinton? Jesus. Go read a book or something.

Last edited:
great, now we've got people in here strongly implying other posters are "pro-rape" as a debating tactic. isn't that fun.

It could have been removed because she's self-aware enough to realize the irony of saying that while there are women who have accused her husband of rape.

It's possible for a woman to believe that ... but when faced with a situation that's close to home, it can be difficult to marry that belief with the personal.

You are so hell-bent on wanting us Hillary supporters to admit she has faults, or admit she's wrong about something - I assume that's what you want with all of this? Because I'm pretty sure we've all done that along the line.

But you know what? Not everything needs to have a black-and-white/right-or-wrong end game. You don't want to vote for Hillary because x, y and z? Great. Not everyone feels that way, and it doesn't mean we lack moral conviction, it means that not everything has to be absolute.

I struggled wording that the way I mean it, and I'm sure it's not going to come across as intended, but whatever.

Aren't you tired of trying so very hard to make us see the glorious evil that is Hilary Clinton? Jesus. Go read a book or something.

While I don't agree with the tone in which BMP is trying to make this point, I think the basic premise stands: people are contorting to give Hillary the benefit of the doubt on pretty much every single criticism that comes her way, usually trying to brush it aside as misogyny, yet assuming the absolute worst of Bernie and his supporters.

If people don't like Bernie and his supporters, fine, but the claim that things have been even-handed in here in terms of Hillary and Bernie is not even remotely grounded in reality.

So, changing your opinion regarding rape survivors and their right to be believed because one of them says your husband raped her is just alright?

That's exactly the sort of crap I'm talking about. Discrediting an alleged rape victim of her story. That's pro-rape.

What's your stance here? Doesn't matter about what happened to Broaddrick or not. Do you think all rape victims should be believed or are you with Hillary?

Do we even have to get in to Gennifer Flowers who Clinton admitted having sex with publicly saying that Hillary Clinton knows about and enables his affairs? What's your opinion on having our next President of the United States pretend in 1998 in front of the entire country that she's shocked by her husband's infidelities? Because that's a political figure publicly lying.

Non-sequiturs, strawmen, accusations...

Learn how to debate like an adult.

While I don't agree with the tone in which BMP is trying to make this point, I think the basic premise stands: people are contorting to give Hillary the benefit of the doubt on pretty much every single criticism that comes her way, usually trying to brush it aside as misogyny, yet assuming the absolute worst of Bernie and his supporters.

If people don't like Bernie and his supporters, fine, but the claim that things have been even-handed in here in terms of Hillary and Bernie is not even remotely grounded in reality.

i honestly don't think anybody really gives a flying fuck about bernie or his supporters anymore. they're all irrelevant now. he just happens to the village idiot's favorite topic.

Trump said he would take a long and nice vacation if he loses.
Care to predict his vacation destination? Cancun? Hawaii? Australia?

I hope his hair doesn't fly off if he decides to go to a breezy coast.

Nah. He'll blaze out faster than Sarah Palin did.

But have that other beer, and bring me one as well.

I'm still in the whole "he doesn't care to win" boat. He's pumped his brand out. People will never forget this. He's proven all press is "good press" in the scope of his branding. He's made a name for dozens of people, for better or for worse. He's made a name for all of his kids and his wife. Regardless of what happens, win or lose, Trump is laughing all the way to 1) the bank and 2) his family legacy.

I sometimes wish that the US were like France and didn't expect its leaders to be monogamous or care when they had affairs.

I don't think it would make a difference in 2016 or beyond, honestly, especially for the Democratic President since they've got such a demographic advantage. It's the lying about it that annoys people.

I tend to doubt we'll be electing anybody in the near future that really can't control themselves for eight years though. Bill Clinton seems more like the exception than the rule...especially in the modern day when there's so much media attention and constant public scrutiny. It was easy for a President to go hang out at orgies or whatever at the start of the 20th century, but not anymore.

I was wondering if someone would comment on this (Stein's proposal to remove all US military bases-some 200 actually). Yes, it seems an imposition or an "imperial" kind of situation, but it has developed in the modern era as a result of international threats, such as communism, and the need to bolster our allies with military assistance. Like it or not, the US is the leader of the free world, and we need those bases just in case some attack would ever come. Look at Russia, advancing in Ukraine and the Crimea, for instance, or China building islands in the South China sea...

This is a truly incredible post ...

Trump supporters shouldn't be concerned at all with the changes. It's only less than 80 days till election.

Get ready for the greatest comeback ever. It'll be huge. In fact, it'll be so great you'll be tired of comeback stories after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom