US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NBC dumps Donald Trump for making derogatory comments about immigrants - LA Times

FOX now can get this ratings juggernaut on their networks. :up:

Trump told CNN correspondent Athena Jones that he may sue NBC.

Trump is also the face of NBC's "The Apprentice." Following his presidential announcement, NBC said it would "re-evaluate" Trump's role on the reality show.
On Monday, the network indicated that it wants to keep "Celebrity Apprentice" going, but without Trump as the host.
Production on the next season of the reality show is slated to begin in the fall. NBC's statement said "'Celebrity Apprentice' is licensed from Mark Burnett's United Artists Media Group and that relationship will continue."

Last edited:
tumblr_lxn3whPkI31rn1isao1_400.jpg

Its official he is running. 14 Republican candidates now in the race. That is not a very nice picture of the Governor. Was he in that eat off for a charity?

Christie, considered the front runner after 2012 will get no where this time around. I watched him on Hannity last night. He was in a room filled with his hand picked supporters and even with Hannity he was uninspiring. His record is one of the worst. I guess the reason some people still like him is because of a personality cult? That must be it.

People liked Christie, because of his straight talk. He carried 60% of the vote in 2013 in Blue Jerz. Jeb sucked away his moderate donors. Now Trump has Trumped his straight talk. I grew up in NJ, and he is a product of that upbringing himself. He was very popular at one time, but the shine wore off with NJ residents as soon as he started focusing on prez.

Sure we're allowed to negotiate.

But what's come out so far is an extremely favorable deal to Iran. They get to keep enriching weapons grade uranium for 10 years with very lax enforcement. They say it's for peaceful means, but they have publicly stated the wish to see a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv. They still view us as a sworn enemy. Still chanting Death to America. They are the biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world today. They fund Hezbollah, fuel instability in Iraq.
If they are on the path to getting nukes, Saudi Arabia will start a regional arms race in the Gulf. They have an atrocious human rights record. Fly the rainbow flag over there and you're strung up by a crane. Or you get raped and since you don't have enough male witnesses you're stoned to death.

So what kind of contrition do we get for this behavior? What are we getting out of the deal? I don't see the upside. Hence Kerry gets beat by a pair of twos.

Maybe Obama wants to see it as some kind of breakthrough he achieved. Something to add to his Legacy resume. Basically shifts the paradigm of our Middle East relations. Not surprising he is acting against the defense interests of Israel. He's thrown Netanyahu under the bus throughout his term.

Sure we're allowed to negotiate.

But what's come out so far is an extremely favorable deal to Iran. They get to keep enriching weapons grade uranium for 10 years with very lax enforcement. They say it's for peaceful means, but they have publicly stated the wish to see a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv. They still view us as a sworn enemy. Still chanting Death to America. They are the biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world today. They fund Hezbollah, fuel instability in Iraq.
If they are on the path to getting nukes, Saudi Arabia will start a regional arms race in the Gulf. They have an atrocious human rights record. Fly the rainbow flag over there and you're strung up by a crane. Or you get raped and since you don't have enough male witnesses you're stoned to death.

So what kind of contrition do we get for this behavior? What are we getting out of the deal? I don't see the upside. Hence Kerry gets beat by a pair of twos.

Maybe Obama wants to see it as some kind of breakthrough he achieved. Something to add to his Legacy resume. Basically shifts the paradigm of our Middle East relations. Not surprising he is acting against the defense interests of Israel. He's thrown Netanyahu under the bus throughout his term.

You do realize they're going to enrich uranium anyways if there's no deal. Bush got rid of Iran's main enemy in the region and rejected a deal that would've limited the amount of centrifuges to zero. Our only option is this deal.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Is Donald this stupid, or does he just know his base really well and feeding them the xenophobia they crave?

You do realize they're going to enrich uranium anyways if there's no deal. Bush got rid of Iran's main enemy in the region and rejected a deal that would've limited the amount of centrifuges to zero. Our only option is this deal.

Its not the only option and keeping Saddam in power to oppose Iran would have been as smart as keeping Hitler in power to oppose the Soviet Union.

Is Donald this stupid, or does he just know his base really well and feeding them the xenophobia they crave?

Maybe he's secretly a liberal, and this is the long con. He's come out and said some truly horrible things, and no one in his party has even spoken up. Albeit, it's probably wise to just ignore him.....but still considering we live in a country where we HAVE to apologize for everything we say, their silence is really bad.

He's giving the Dems so much ammunition, even the other candidates being associated in the same party as him is a negative.

And he's polling 2nd

Its not the only option and keeping Saddam in power to oppose Iran would have been as smart as keeping Hitler in power to oppose the Soviet Union.

Options: the deal, let Iran do whatever the fuck it wants, or bomb them back to the Stone Age. Which one is the best option?

That's an interesting interpretation. To me it seems like Obama simply doesn't cave to Netanyahu's every whim.

He's been disrespectful since their first meeting in March 2010 when he had Netanyahu enter in a side door to the White House. Had a brief meeting, and blew him off to eat dinner. All the while Netanyahu sat with his advisors for an hour before Obama returned. From my perspective he has not extended the formal diplomatic courtesies to Netanyahu that other world leaders get.

His strategy may have been to not have the Arab world see his actions as putting Israel on a pedestal like other Presidents. I just think they generally don't like each other. I think we have a mutual interest in sharing intelligence between CIA and Mossad. Hope that relationship has remained unscarred.

Disrespectful? Jeez, why is it necessary to put Israel on such a pedestal?

Oh, and your claim that Iran is the leading country in the Middle East of state sponsored terrorism is off. You follow that up by promoting our alliance with Saudi Arabia...? Are you AWARE of who they are?

Disrespectful? Jeez, why is it necessary to put Israel on such a pedestal?

Oh, and your claim that Iran is the leading country in the Middle East of state sponsored terrorism is off. You follow that up by promoting our alliance with Saudi Arabia...? Are you AWARE of who they are?

Yes I'm aware of Saudi Arabia. But the government does not actively promote and fund terror like Hezbollah as is the case with Iran. The Wahabi sect of Saudis is very active in joining terrorist groups. But they do so on their own, traveling outside the country to join ISIS or Al Qaeda.

PS: All caps is rookie

Delusional thought to think they have to leave the country. And that it's not embedded in their corrupt government.

Iran is a Shiite country. The day we accept that they're the good guy, the easier fighting Islamic extremism will be a lot simpler. We've no reason not to be friends with them, aside from some bitter history, decades ago. It's the same thing as Cuba.

You're obviously off the charts with pro-Israeli sentiment if you are going to put the likes of a Hezbollah or a Hamas equivalent to an al Qaeda or ISIS. That's alllllll perspective.

PS: you wonder why you're met with condescending responses, "rookie."

Are you AWARE of who they are?

All caps is annoying. When used in the context of asking somebody if they are aware of Saudi Arabia it is condescending. I'm obviously aware of Saudi Arabia and their citizens connections to terror. Maybe you're just not aware of how you come off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom