US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early - Page 59 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2015, 10:10 PM   #871
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I can't wait for Trump to tell our friends, allies, enemies, trade partners, et al how he feels. Won't that be great for diplomatic relations?
Can't wait for heavy sanctions on the US in return. More realistically though, it wouldn't surprise me that in the event he got the presidency, his mouth would eventually get him banned from half of the countries on the planet.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:11 PM   #872
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
202-228-0292 Lets get Interference to call Lindsey Graham and ask him to play a Pop song as his intro music.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Please (new campaign theme)

Old 07-21-2015, 10:31 PM   #873
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I find Trump interesting because he's not playing by the 'rules'. If somebody insults him, he gives out their phone number (Ramos - Graham).

I see too much respect given to him for this. It's one thing to admire someone who doesn't play by the rules for principal, it's another thing to admire an asshole because he plays like a child. The phone thing is just a child who lacks basic decorum. The thing about Jeb's wife was just flat out racist. And the McCain comment was just him being a disrespectful asshole, and we know that every single Trump supporter would go on a full attack if Obama said anything even close to that, it makes them hypocritical assholes as well. There's nothing interesting or admirable about this man, period.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:59 PM   #874
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I really hope the next 18 months are not just an endless succession of Trump soundbites and consequent outrage. Is there some reason that every politician, media outlet, and blog feels it necessary to issue an official response to everything out of his mouth?
Old 07-21-2015, 11:01 PM   #875
The Fly

Local Time: 10:41 AM
If Trump doesn't get the nomination, there will be hell toupee
Old 07-21-2015, 11:43 PM   #876
She's the One

Local Time: 06:41 AM
http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/adm...dont-you-50895
Old 07-22-2015, 12:27 AM   #877
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Its Official, John Kasich is running for President. He just gave a speech announcing his run. U2's Beautiful Day was played when he finished. He is the 16th Republican to officially declare. Has there ever been a Presidential Primary debate with 16 people?

Kasich is very popular in Ohio and the latest poll shows him beating Hillary by 7 points in Ohio. But would he have much pull outside of Ohio? Could he beat Hillary in Florida? He is a very good speaker and I think he could make it to the final rounds of the Republican primary contest.
He's not beating Hilary and neither is anyone else, including Bernie Sanders.

On Kasich, I actually think - IF - and its a big IF...he can get some traction enough to get into the debates, people are gonna be surprised by how well he does. He's a serious guy, articulate, and could attract a lot of the anti-Bush serious vote. Watch and see if O'Reilly helps him out a bit as he used to sub in for Bill-O years ago. If he does...I'm not suggesting he could be the nominee - I'm just saying...I think he could be surprising.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:45 AM   #878
Refugee

US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early

Simple answer is trump is more fun to talk about for average voter and media person. It's a long 18 months. It's boring. He's fun. Simple as that.

This is all good for democrats. Well all good for Clinton. If she can't win now...

Old 07-22-2015, 05:49 AM   #879
The Male

Local Time: 06:41 AM
I hope Trump gets the nomination (he won't) and continues to make a mockery of the two-party system. It's already a joke as it is, imagine how much more damage he could do to the image of the GOP if he represents it.

He'd be impeached in less than a year if he got elected, but I hope he gives the fringe what they want and leaves a path of destruction in his wake.

Now.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:35 AM   #880
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:41 AM
Donald Trump, Heavily Sedated, Strolls Onto Convention Stage To U2's "Holy Joe", Vomits
Old 07-22-2015, 06:59 AM   #881
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
Donald Trump, Heavily Sedated, Strolls Onto Convention Stage To U2's "Holy Joe", Vomits
Clive Palmer Sighting Threatens To Derail Convention, But Attendees Distracted By Vomit
Old 07-22-2015, 02:32 PM   #882
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
He's not beating Hilary and neither is anyone else, including Bernie Sanders.

On Kasich, I actually think - IF - and its a big IF...he can get some traction enough to get into the debates, people are gonna be surprised by how well he does. He's a serious guy, articulate, and could attract a lot of the anti-Bush serious vote. Watch and see if O'Reilly helps him out a bit as he used to sub in for Bill-O years ago. If he does...I'm not suggesting he could be the nominee - I'm just saying...I think he could be surprising.
Well, he was beating Hillary in a poll of voters in Ohio by a margin of 7 points.

In new polling news, for the very first time, Hillary is losing in multiple key swing states to several Republican candidates done by Quinnipiac:

Colorado: Bush vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Bush 41, Clinton 36 Bush +5 Colorado: Walker vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Walker 47, Clinton 38 Walker +9 Colorado: Rubio vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Rubio 46, Clinton 38 Rubio +8 Virginia: Bush vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Bush 42, Clinton 39 Bush +3 Virginia: Walker vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Walker 43, Clinton 40 Walker +3 Virginia: Rubio vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Rubio 43, Clinton 41 Rubio +2 Iowa: Bush vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Bush 42, Clinton 36 Bush +6 Iowa: Walker vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Walker 45, Clinton 37 Walker +8 Iowa: Rubio vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Rubio 44, Clinton 36 Rubio +8

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 Presidential Polls
Old 07-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #883
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Well, he was beating Hillary in a poll of voters in Ohio by a margin of 7 points.

In new polling news, for the very first time, Hillary is losing in multiple key swing states to several Republican candidates done by Quinnipiac:

Colorado: Bush vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Bush 41, Clinton 36 Bush +5 Colorado: Walker vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Walker 47, Clinton 38 Walker +9 Colorado: Rubio vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Rubio 46, Clinton 38 Rubio +8 Virginia: Bush vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Bush 42, Clinton 39 Bush +3 Virginia: Walker vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Walker 43, Clinton 40 Walker +3 Virginia: Rubio vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Rubio 43, Clinton 41 Rubio +2 Iowa: Bush vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Bush 42, Clinton 36 Bush +6 Iowa: Walker vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Walker 45, Clinton 37 Walker +8 Iowa: Rubio vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Rubio 44, Clinton 36 Rubio +8

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 Presidential Polls
I was just about to post the Quinnipiac poll, but this is very damaging to the Clinton brand. Her name recognition has buoyed her through the rollout of Clinton Cash. Now she is down against GOPers who don't have national recognition yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see draft Biden and Warren swing into high gear. The Clintons and Obama camps have animosity between them. If Obama were to give Biden a backroom blessing, with all the WH perks I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:47 PM   #884
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I was just about to post the Quinnipiac poll, but this is very damaging to the Clinton brand. Her name recognition has buoyed her through the rollout of Clinton Cash. Now she is down against GOPers who don't have national recognition yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see draft Biden and Warren swing into high gear. The Clintons and Obama camps have animosity between them. If Obama were to give Biden a backroom blessing, with all the WH perks I wouldn't be surprised.

This means nothing for the Clinton brand. First of this is very early and these polls mean very little at this stage. Secondly Quinnipiac is a phone only poll which in this day and age makes this poll even more meaningless. Thirdly, at this stage you're putting 1 up against 16, Dems are not going to stay on line and do these polls, for the most part they already know their candidate.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:35 PM   #885
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

to add to what BVS (...) said, at this point 4 years ago i believe Obama was supposedly losing to an unnamed (not-Romney) republican. And of the "named" republicans, Romney was not the conservative favorite. Not even close. By the time the GOP shit-fest was over, Romney emerged as damaged goods after a long and brutal primary process. And many conservatives didn't even bother to vote for him in the general election because he was never their guy.

I realize the GOP has streamlined the process a bit this time around, however, with 16 candidates in the mix it's going to be ugly. Especially when one of them is Donald Trump. None of these guys will emerge without major bruises or scrapes. And we haven't even gotten close to the GOP War on social issues yet - just wait for that - because with guys like Cruz, Huckabee, Santorum, etc....yeah it's coming!