US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2015, 12:11 AM   #61
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I despise Hillary (not surprisingly) but I'm constantly amused at how often conservatives bring up Benghazi.

Gotta love grasping at straws.

Anyone who likes Ben Carson is mad. Rand Paul is certainly interesting, if only because he's something that peaks interest in the youthful spectrum. About as elects abl as his father...

Old 03-30-2015, 09:39 AM   #62
The Male

Local Time: 05:49 PM
I really think Rand Paul is among my least favorite potential candidates to run for office in a while. He's antivax, homophobic and the result of political nepotism, which is the worst. He's a dipshit.

I liked his father. He was batshit crazy and I would never vote for him, but it was tough to question his sincerity. Rand is already selling out and alienating the crazies:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...mp-116439.html

Now.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:56 AM   #63
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh I totally agree 100%. Me calling him interesting didn't necessarily imply anything good.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:32 PM   #64
Babyface

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Cruz makes W look like an intellectual.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
And yet they are accepted by elite IVY league schools. Maybe IVY league is our problem.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #65
ONE
love, blood, life

US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I really think Rand Paul is among my least favorite potential candidates to run for office in a while. He's antivax, homophobic and the result of political nepotism, which is the worst. He's a dipshit.

I liked his father. He was batshit crazy and I would never vote for him, but it was tough to question his sincerity. Rand is already selling out and alienating the crazies:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...mp-116439.html

As someone with strongish libertarian leanings, I quite like Ron Paul (though I probably still wouldn't vote for him in a general election), but I really don't like Rand Paul. He took right-libertarianism and gave it way too much of a dose of Christian Right Tea Partyism.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:12 PM   #66
ONE
love, blood, life

He tries to leach off of his father's following but not end up as a reject.

It doesn't really work.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:34 AM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

This is hilarious, thought it was be even more hilarious (and awesome) if it had been true

Bloomberg falls for fake Nancy Reagan report - POLITICO.com

Quote:
Bloomberg Politics published a report about Nancy Reagan based off of fake news site NationalReport.net

The piece, headlined "Nancy Reagan gives her endorsement to... Hillary Clinton," quoted a supposed "Drudge Report" saying that the former first lady told the History Channel series "First Ladies In Their Own Words" that it's time for a female president.

"For the GOP, this is slightly awkward. Since Ronald Reagan's presidency, and especially since his death, the Gipper's legacy has been worshipfully celebrated, often claimed, by Republican candidates," the article stated.

The problem is: Reagan never said such a thing and the series was actually on C-SPAN, not The History Channel. The report seems to have come from NationalReport.net, a spoof news site that has tricked many a politician and news organization in the past. The piece was then posted to a website called DrudgeReport.com.co, which doesn't seem to be connected to the actual Drudge Report.

The piece, which was published just before 5 p.m. on Friday, was deleted within minutes.

We've reached out to a Bloomberg spokesperson for comment and will update here accordingly.

UPDATE (6:05p.m.):

Bloomberg has reposted the article with a note that the piece has been retracted.

"This story has been retracted. We fell for a hoax. Apologies," the note states.

Bloomberg Politics Executive Editor Mike Nizza said in a tweet "very very stupid mistake, and one we take very seriously. Simple as that."
Old 04-13-2015, 02:29 PM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:49 AM
Always going to be Jeb's to lose.

Question is how crazy does he go to appeal?

Old 04-13-2015, 02:47 PM   #69
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
This is hilarious, thought it was be even more hilarious (and awesome) if it had been true

Bloomberg falls for fake Nancy Reagan report - POLITICO.com
yes, but this is common

sure this time the story was 100% false, but daily we have stories that have 10%. 15% , 25% bad information in them, And people watch The Daily Show spinning stories for laughs that make them many times 40% or more not factual to fit the joke. And what we end up with is a conglomeration of stories and talking points based on shotty reports that many accept as credible.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:51 PM   #70
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Always going to be Jeb's to lose.

Question is how crazy does he go to appeal?

the 2016 primary season has been shortened quite a bit, I think GOP will have a nom by April. He can lose some early primaries if he comes in top 3 and then win the bigger states and lock it up. The Convention is earlier too, to give the party more time to rip on the Dem ticket.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #71
Blue Crack Addict

Still not a big fan of Hillary but I thought her announcement video was terrific. It came across as very positive and more importantly very apolitical (for the biggest political beast out there). If you remember some years ago when Elliot Spitzer was running for governor of NY, he hired a Madison Avenue ad agency to do his ads and they were just gorgeous and looked NOTHING like your typical election ads. This reminded me very much of that style.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:25 PM   #72
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:49 PM
Hillary's announcement video was great. Wondering if any other Democrats will step up to the plate in the coming months.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:18 AM   #73
Blue Crack Supplier

Watching the news this morning, I will confidently say that Chris Christie is a talented politician.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:03 PM   #74
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Jeb will not win the GOP primary 42% of gop voters will not vote for him. The chamber of commerce crowd is all he has right now and it's all he will get because of his immigration position

Old 04-16-2015, 02:32 PM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:49 AM
Then it's Hillary's to lose.

Who else will the GOP throw up there that won't completely embarrass themselves?