US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2015, 06:46 PM   #451
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
What reasonable person has 19 children anyway? I have never watched the show, but are any of them adopted or are they all just fresh from the Duggar oven?
I guess(and would hope) it would be someone with a lot of money.

Several of my Great Great, Grandparents had a similar number of children. It was the late 1800s and times were different. Most people lived and worked on farms, got married very young and continued to have children until a women was in her mid-40s and pregnancy no longer likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
As someone who is vocal about supporting reproductive choices (both for the children you have and those that you don't have), I admit I have a damned hard time not judging them about having 19 kids. (Although my judgment lies more with the Quiverfull crap.)
Don't worry, I believe the US birth rate just slipped below the replacement level which is not good for a country with a growing economy and aging population. Someone has got to make up for the shortfall. In a couple of decades all the Duggur children will be working and supporting the U.S. economy and the massive throng of retired Baby Boomers.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:06 PM   #452
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:42 AM
The last thing we need are more of those Duggar shits.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:21 PM   #453
Blue Crack Addict

They used to be quite poor, living in a tiny house with like "only" 13 children when TLC discovered them and made them D-list celebrities. They have made a pretty penny from their TV show, specials, magazine covers, selling photos of kids and so on.

Their views are really vile. The daughters have "jurisdictions", meaning they are in charge of laundry, cooking, cleaning, even educating the younger ones. The parents treat them as servants and the boys run around wild. Super sexist attitudes all around.

They also have no reproductive responsibility that I can see. Their 19th child was born a micro preemie at something around 23 weeks and barely survived. They continued to try to get pregnant and lost the next one at some 20 weeks or so. Just no common sense at all.

I am embarrassed to know all this, we used to watch them as a guilty pleasure in law school for mocking purposes and it kind of stuck many, many years later.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:03 PM   #454
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:42 AM
Well then it seems rather irresponsible. Not that i am one to judge them, but it seems to me they don't really have any business reproducing at all. Thanks to TLC those kids are were their welfare babies, with TLC being the source of welfare. Hope they didn't blow all of their TLC-bucks.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:28 PM   #455
Acrobat

So, anyone know when Jeb Bush will officially announce that he is running for President? Any chance that he won't run?
Old 05-28-2015, 10:55 PM   #456
Babyface

Bernie Sanders is the only candidate so far that doesn't fit the mold of corporate sell-out. I am plenty familiar with rest of this cast of characters, so I will not vote for a single one of them, including Hillary. It's going to be Bernie or nothing for me.

Obama was the lesser of 2 evils in the last 2 elections. He's gotten a couple things right, otherwise he's been a huge disappointment. The moment he picked Geithner and Sanders for his economic team and Vilsack for agriculture I knew I should have just stayed home from the polls. Hope and change. Yeah, ok. And now he's pushing the TPP which will gut what's left of our middle class and our democracy. He says he will "debate anyone on the facts", yet he won't let anyone read or talk about it. Welcome to pure fascism.

Give 'em hell, Bernie.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:46 PM   #457
Blue Crack Supplier

US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
So, anyone know when Jeb Bush will officially announce that he is running for President? Any chance that he won't run?

I don't think he wants it. He's likely the only Republican who could compete with Hillary, which is why he's been talked into it so far.

But I don't think he wants it.

Don't blame him. How do you defend such a political party, especially after the disaster of W?
Old 05-29-2015, 03:24 AM   #458
Refugee

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Ass Juice has now joined the GOP race:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/28/us...race.html?_r=0

This race might get a little frothy.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 05-29-2015, 03:28 AM   #459
Refugee

US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early

Quote:
As someone who is vocal about supporting reproductive choices (both for the children you have and those that you don't have), I admit I have a damned hard time not judging them about having 19 kids. (Although my judgment lies more with the Quiverfull crap.)

The whole reason they had that many kids was to create an army for Christ that will take control of the nation. I'm not making this up. This is actually what they want.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:29 AM   #460
Blue Crack Addict

Are they the family that declared themselves a religion to get tax breaks?

Old 05-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #461
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
The whole reason they had that many kids was to create an army for Christ that will take control of the nation. I'm not making this up. This is actually what they want.
No, I know. That's why I said my judgment is for that, not for someone that has 19 kids for non-crazypants reasons.

Which I think just means I am judging the fuck out of the Duggars.

I'll just have to live with that.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:42 AM   #462
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlenderJoe View Post
Welcome to pure fascism.

Ridiculous. Take that hyperbolic shit elsewhere, please.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:45 AM   #463
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
I would *guess* by July 4th we could get an announcement on Jeb. I do think he will run, he just wants to be the "biggest splash" or the last big name to enter the race. Walker and a few others still haven't officially announced so that could be what he is waiting on.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:02 PM   #464
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlenderJoe View Post
Bernie Sanders is the only candidate so far that doesn't fit the mold of corporate sell-out. I am plenty familiar with rest of this cast of characters, so I will not vote for a single one of them, including Hillary. It's going to be Bernie or nothing for me.

Obama was the lesser of 2 evils in the last 2 elections. He's gotten a couple things right, otherwise he's been a huge disappointment. The moment he picked Geithner and Sanders for his economic team and Vilsack for agriculture I knew I should have just stayed home from the polls. Hope and change. Yeah, ok. And now he's pushing the TPP which will gut what's left of our middle class and our democracy. He says he will "debate anyone on the facts", yet he won't let anyone read or talk about it. Welcome to pure fascism.

Give 'em hell, Bernie.
I didn't vote for him and can now admit I was way too hard on Obama over the past few years (no, this isn't a gay joke ). He hasn't been perfect by any measure and i could give you a list of reasons why he should have never been elected or re-elected, and why i voted for Romney, McCain, (even Bush) and so on. None of that even matters now - whats happened has happened.

What i will say is, giving credit where it is due, Obama has done a lot of good things and he deserves credit for two very important things from me; turning the economy around and killing bin laden. Also repealing DADT was a big big thing, not even so much for me as it is for many others. They used to joke and say that (Bill) Clinton was the first "black" president, and now Obama is the first "gay" president. God only knows what they will say about Hillary.

I guess where i am going with this is - if Obama were up for re-election now in 16 ( i know that is not possible ) i would go ahead and vote for him this time. People and ideas can change. So while i respect what you are saying about Bernie Sanders, i do want to point out that he likely has no chance in hell at getting the nomination. I am glad he is there, but think bigger picture here. If a republican were to be elected in 16, and you decide to stay home instead of vote for Hillary, will you regret your decision in the future? I can only imagine what a republican administration would be like now after 8 years of Obama.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:36 PM   #465
She's the One

Quote:
No, I know. That's why I said my judgment is for that, not for someone that has 19 kids for non-crazypants reasons.

In the United States in the 20th/21st century is there an actual non-crazypants reason to have 19 kids?