US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know many of you think the GOP is a clown car clustercluck to begin with. But I have a hypothetical question.

If Hillary were to drop out of the race be it for scandal/medical reason? Who would the Democratic Machine be most likely to awaken from Cryogenic sleep for a run?

Al Gore
John Kerry
Walter Mondale (yes, he is still alive)
or
give the green light to Joe Biden?

It seems this cycle the GOP has the deeper bench from who to draw from. Obama captured that youthful energy in 2008. Seems to be a missed opportunity that they haven't groomed anybody to follow up his tenure. O'Malley is still young.

I'd look to Cory Booker, Julian Castro, or Kristen Gillibrand in the future. I'd keep an eye on Tulsi Gabbard first term rep from Hawaii. My current congressional crush (sorry Kristi Noem)
ALOHA
TULSI-GABBARD-jpeg.jpg

Andrew Cuomo, for one. My money is on him in 2024 or earlier if the unthinkable happens.

Since 2008, the democrats have been waiting for Hillary. It's been hers for the taking if she wanted it. It probably has stunted the party on a presidential level, but they needn't worry too much. Since 1988, the GOP has won exactly one presidential election. That's not likely to change in 2016, and will get even less likely in the future unless the GOP changes. The GOP does fine on a state level and in gerrymandered districts and in low turnout elections. Even though the GOP controls congress, the democrats represent more raw votes. But on a national level, it's impossible to get through the primaries (again, remember the people booing the gay vet) and still have national appeal. W Bush was the last one who could bring the religious right and Wall Street together, and he barely pulled off 2004 and lost 2000. Do you see anyone else capable of doing both?

Last edited:
Jindal is less popular with Louisiana voters (who are extremely Republican) than Obama...there's no way he even gets to close to possibly being one of the candidates who maybe has a shot of shooting themselves in the foot during a debate.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm of the opinion now that Christie is going to bow out after he inevitably fails to gain any traction. And the bastard will deny for the rest of his life that he was ever running for President. :doh:

Imagine, for a moment -- and it will take all of your imagination -- that the Palins are black.

Now, imagine what Fox News would do with the news that Bristol Palin is pregnant. Again.

That's white privilege.

while i am pleased with the SCOTUS rulings this week and of course believe the Confderate flag should come down, this has also been a very good week for the GOP.

1. we talked about flags, not guns, or racism, and pulling down the flag is literally the least we could do after this massive tragedy

2. the GOP can continue to scream and cry about the ACA

3. the GOP can express their disagreement with marriage equality and not be accountable in the general because it is now settled law, nor is this an issue that can be used by the Dems to turn out younger voters.

so, we should enjoy, but there's work to be done.

while i am pleased with the SCOTUS rulings this week and of course believe the Confderate flag should come down, this has also been a very good week for the GOP.

1. we talked about flags, not guns, or racism, and pulling down the flag is literally the least we could do after this massive tragedy

2. the GOP can continue to scream and cry about the ACA

3. the GOP can express their disagreement with marriage equality and not be accountable in the general because it is now settled law, nor is this an issue that can be used by the Dems to turn out younger voters.

so, we should enjoy, but there's work to be done.

Yeah, I feel as if the flag conversation should have been better utilized, because it's obvious that so many still don't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I feel like this entire week was just a bunch of the GOP shooting themselves in the foot while it actually looked like the government got shit done.

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by the Republican hopefuls saying just loads of awful bullshit yesterday, and yet I was.

Although I was really heartened to see so much "dude, no" response toward Walker, even from Wisconsin republicans. Please, oh please, let this demolish his chances.

Yeah, I feel as if the flag conversation should have been better utilized, because it's obvious that so many still don't get it.

The glimmer of hope here is that this conversation/distraction can't be used the next time a tragedy like this happens - and we all know there will be a next time. Get past each of these distractions and maybe, just maybe, the core problem will eventually be addressed.

Except I fear that remains a long time away, and the rest of the first world will keep shaking their heads from the safety of countries that barely know what a massacre is.

Jeb is a moderate compared to the rest of the clown car, however, for that reason alone some conservatives will sit out again next year like they did last time around.

Bad news for Republican candidates in Florida against Clinton from the latest polls by Quinnipiac:

Florida: Bush vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Clinton 46, Bush 42 Clinton +4 Florida: Walker vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Clinton 48, Walker 38 Clinton +10 Florida: Rubio vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Clinton 47, Rubio 44 Clinton +3 Florida: Paul vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Clinton 46, Paul 39 Clinton +7 Florida: Huckabee vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Clinton 49, Huckabee 38 Clinton +11 Florida: Cruz vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Clinton 48, Cruz 37 Clinton +11 Florida: Christie vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Clinton 46, Christie 35 Clinton +11 Florida: Kasich vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Clinton 48, Kasich 35 Clinton +13

If this holds, the election is over. The Republican candidate is highly unlikely to win without Florida. Democrats Blue Wall of 18 States and the District of Columbia that have voted Democratic every election since 1992 equals 242 electoral votes. Florida puts the Democrats over 270.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom