US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2015, 08:29 PM   #181
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
The entire birther movement qualifies as racist. Hmm, I wonder why they don't believe Obama is a "real American." There's something different about Obama that sets him apart from the other 43 presidents we've had. I just can't put my finger on it.
Their were birthers before the election and before the TEA party formation. Once Alex Jones gets a hold of it 10% of the population will start questioning it.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #182
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
There were many conservatives who were unhappy with the Government spending under Bush. They became aware and furious with TARP. The true seedlings of the Tea Party began with Rick Santelli's rant on the floor of the Chicago Merc Exchange about mortgage bailouts. The emergency stimulus and Auto bailouts added to the frustration of the newly formed Tea party.

Yet the first rallies were a few months into Obama's administration before any new taxes or any real Obama action yet the rallies were attacks on Obama filled with ignorant bigoted picket signs and race baiting from the politicians involved. There's at least one thread in here documenting it very well, if you'd like to take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 04-22-2015, 08:37 PM   #183
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
The entire birther movement qualifies as racist. Hmm, I wonder why they don't believe Obama is a "real American." There's something different about Obama that sets him apart from the other 43 presidents we've had. I just can't put my finger on it.

Yes. Of course those same birthers are now full of excuses as to why Comrade Cruz is not only qualified to be POTUS, but he loves His 'MERICA, unlike the black guy who is currently POTUS.

Quote:
There were many conservatives who were unhappy with the Government spending under Bush. They became aware and furious with TARP. The true seedlings of the Tea Party began with Rick Santelli's rant on the floor of the Chicago Merc Exchange about mortgage bailouts. The emergency stimulus and Auto bailouts added to the frustration of the newly formed Tea party.
Yes of course, they just kept quiet about their unhappiness until Obama got elected.

There was no need for these people to form a new party. None.

What about Rick Santorum? No comment on his slip?

Guess what, he doesn't like Gays either.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:47 PM   #184
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I remember the media scouring the rallies for off-color signs and finding a few. Every group has a few bad apples. I think Establishment GOP has had their problems in the past as well as Blue Dogs. West Virginia kept sending Robert Byrd back to the Senate even though he was a KKK leader. Of course he dis-avowed the Klan. But would the media have been fair to GOP leader of the same past?
Old 04-22-2015, 09:08 PM   #185
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
She's generally about as far left on economic issues as a mainstream US politician could ever be, at least one with a national platform. Generally, her and Bernie Sanders (an Independent from Vermont who votes with Democrats) are the two best voices the left has. They are both well respected within the party, and speak to the base. They advocate traditional American liberal policies that were modified/abandoned by Clinton "triangulation" and his move to the right after the 1994 midterms.

They'd be mainstream, centrist candidates in most Western European democracies.

They are also not nearly as far to the left as their counterparts on the right.

What's interesting, to me, is that it's economic populism that's the red meat for the Democratic base, whereas red meat for the GOP base is now social issues.
Thanks, I knew that Sanders described himself as a social democrat of sorts and I'm not surprised that Warren is thereabouts herself.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:09 PM   #186
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Yes I am asking for a specific example. Go right ahead Phils fan. (I like the Phillies too)
Can I ask where you've been for the last six years if you cannot think of an example of the Tea Partiers being racist?
Old 04-22-2015, 09:30 PM   #187
She's the One

Local Time: 10:08 PM
You know what can be an interesting thing to do while the rice is cooking? Type "tea party racist" into youtube.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:19 PM   #188
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Give me one credited example of the Tea Party being racist?

Mia Love and Tim Scott are both Tea Party Republicans

I'm waiting also.

Instead of discussing the dangers of big government or other real issues, we get cries of racism to destroy the voices of the opposition.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:26 PM   #189
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
You know what can be an interesting thing to do while the rice is cooking? Type "tea party racist" into youtube.
If Terry was a distinguished panelist you'd have a point.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:34 PM   #190
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I'm waiting also.

Instead of discussing the dangers of big government or other real issues, we get cries of racism to destroy the voices of the opposition.

For YEARS you have been shown examples, each one you avoided. You have a history of quickly leaving the room when racism is brought when it's white on black, but you are quick to label black on white racism.

If you watch the video that Martha posted and you get to the actual footage from cpac, you'll see the guy in question is somewhat in agreeance with you. You once posted an article that spoke of how slavery wasn't that bad and how slaveowners treated their slaves "like family". He agrees and feels slaves should have been grateful for shelter and food.

But none of this is racism. The tea party just wants less government.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:39 PM   #191
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
The entire birther movement qualifies as racist.

Yes.

Also, HRC is attempting to be both a blue dog and a liberal, in the way that W Bush United the GOP because he had the blue blood country club name and Ivy League pedigree while also being able to speak Jesus.

HRC is repeating Warren talking points in income inequality while offering unqualified support for nationwide SSM -- this is her reassuring the base that she is on their side on the most important economic issue and social issue to them. Once she has a GOP opponent, her more hawkish side will come out, and so will other more conservative positions in an attempt to appeal to the independents who ultimately swing the election.

As it stands, I think she will win as big as Obama did in 2008, because as a white lady, she won't have to deal with racism. I honestly think her gender is less of an issue than Obama's race/foreignness was.

Though I thought Obama would get is beyond 1960s cultural grudges, and I was sure wrong there.

White men will still vote GOP.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:39 PM   #192
She's the One

Quote:
If Terry was a distinguished panelist you'd have a point.
No, that Terry guy, he IS the Tea Party. He's the guy sending in checks, attending meetings, spreading the gospel of the movement. He's the guy the Koch bothers have recruited.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:47 PM   #193
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Right now somebody who is extremely liberal and Anti-Zionist is sending checks to Obama's Organizing for America, because he likes the way Obama is cow-towing to 'Death to America' Iran
Old 04-22-2015, 10:53 PM   #194
She's the One

Do you want more videos?
Old 04-22-2015, 10:57 PM   #195
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Right now somebody who is extremely liberal and Anti-Zionist is sending checks to Obama's Organizing for America, because he likes the way Obama is cow-towing to 'Death to America' Iran

And? Right now someone who votes Republican is also a member of the KKK.