US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2015, 10:16 AM   #151
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:07 AM
And then the right ripped her for complaining about it until Sarah Palin was named the VP candidate and had to do a 180 on whether or not women in politics should be allowed to complain about media coverage.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:17 AM   #152
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
How 'far' to the left (by American standards) is Warren?

She's generally about as far left on economic issues as a mainstream US politician could ever be, at least one with a national platform. Generally, her and Bernie Sanders (an Independent from Vermont who votes with Democrats) are the two best voices the left has. They are both well respected within the party, and speak to the base. They advocate traditional American liberal policies that were modified/abandoned by Clinton "triangulation" and his move to the right after the 1994 midterms.

They'd be mainstream, centrist candidates in most Western European democracies.

They are also not nearly as far to the left as their counterparts on the right.

What's interesting, to me, is that it's economic populism that's the red meat for the Democratic base, whereas red meat for the GOP base is now social issues.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:33 AM   #153
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:07 AM
I think the two party system(if you can call it that) works just fine. What often happens in Europe with large multiple parties in government is that coalitions are formed in order to win elections and these coalitions resemble what already happens between the Republicans and the Democrats in the United States.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:33 AM   #154
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:07 AM
You can't handle Scott Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Change is DUE from US voters.

This post is me taking action. Everyone currently buying into our bullshit two-party oligarchy has 1 of 2 choices. They can either take action themselves and "CHANGE" the culture here OR they can look forward to more embarrassing candidates in the future from these pissweak political parties.

Democrats, Republicans and their yes-men will not strong-arm me into keeping my mouth shut on this matter. It’s called “FREEDOM OF SPEECH”. I will no longer be a silent drone to this oppression and their tyrannical two-party system.

Things will change. I know people.

Let's make like Devin Hester and take this shit to the WHITE HOUSE.
Well done.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:58 AM   #155
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
My prediction: Hillary is going to continue to struggle as the 'Clinton Cash' book rolls out. So far her campaign as appeared inauthentic. She has bussed in Democrat operatives into a meet and greet at a coffee shop. The media is not giving her as much cover as she is used to. Seeing weakness in the Clinton machine I think more people might throw their hat in the ring.

I'm not a Democrat. For those of you who generally side with Democrats who would you want to see if not Hillary?
How is it that she is struggling? A quick look at Real Clear Politics polling data collected over the past two days has her up double digits over every GOP candidate, some by as many as 24 points even (Carson/Cruz). The closest one i saw as Rubio, which she "only" had a 14 point lead.

I realize its very early, but clearly your definition of struggling is different than mine.

RealClearPolitics - Latest Polls

Quote:
Monday, April 20
Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
2016 Republican Presidential Nomination CNN/ORC Bush 17, Walker 12, Cruz 7, Paul 11, Rubio 11, Huckabee 9, Carson 4, Christie 4, Perry 3, Santorum 3, Jindal 2, Kasich 2 Bush +5
2016 Democratic Presidential Nomination CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 69, Warren, Biden 11, Sanders 5, Webb 3, O'Malley 1 Clinton +58
General Election: Bush vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 56, Bush 39 Clinton +17
General Election: Walker vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 59, Walker 37 Clinton +22
General Election: Paul vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 58, Paul 39 Clinton +19
General Election: Cruz vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 60, Cruz 36 Clinton +24
General Election: Rubio vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 55, Rubio 41 Clinton +14
General Election: Christie vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 58, Christie 39 Clinton +19
General Election: Huckabee vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 58, Huckabee 37 Clinton +21
General Election: Carson vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 60, Carson 36 Clinton +24
Old 04-22-2015, 01:03 PM   #156
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
How is it that she is struggling? A quick look at Real Clear Politics polling data collected over the past two days has her up double digits over every GOP candidate, some by as many as 24 points even (Carson/Cruz). The closest one i saw as Rubio, which she "only" had a 14 point lead.

I realize its very early, but clearly your definition of struggling is different than mine.

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen Hillary this strong. Clearly part of it must be the effect of formally announcing the campaign. I think they might of moved up the date for announcing because she was sliding some in older polls plus the e-mail scandal. But now, 69% support vs all the other Democratic nominees. That's just nuts. Then, CNN's results show a landslide victory or near landslide victory against every Republican candidate except maybe Rubio. This looks like a slaughter.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:36 PM   #157
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Winner take all means two parties. Third party candidates are irrelevant in America.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

At least your views haven't changed.

Well, I do remember you saying that that specifically wasn't the election for it. Probably hanging out for another Ross Perot.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:27 PM   #158
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Wow, I don't think I have ever seen Hillary this strong. Clearly part of it must be the effect of formally announcing the campaign. I think they might of moved up the date for announcing because she was sliding some in older polls plus the e-mail scandal. But now, 69% support vs all the other Democratic nominees. That's just nuts. Then, CNN's results show a landslide victory or near landslide victory against every Republican candidate except maybe Rubio. This looks like a slaughter.
at this stage I think she wins in Nov 2016, with the GOP candidate in the high 40s and her in the low 50s, not a blow out, but a sizable win in the electoral college, could easily get 350 electoral votes.

I will say looking at the FOX polls that conservative seem to have more faith in, Bush is tied with her at 45 - 45. All the rest are losing to her. Also looking at the state by state polls, Rubio looks weak. I still say it will most likely be a two person race between Bush and Walker. Note that in the Wisconsin polls Walker loses to Hillary by a wider margin the many of the other GOP candidates.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post

Like I prefaced it: My prediction.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:07 PM   #160
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:07 AM

I hope Carly gets in, it will make it more fun? to watch
Old 04-22-2015, 04:25 PM   #161
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

double post
Old 04-22-2015, 04:28 PM   #162
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

In the US we have a tradition of 2 parties. But within those you have schisms. I would argue there are 4 parties.

GOP Establishment (Rockefeller Republicans) - Usually tied to big business lobby. Country Club Crony Capitalism type mentality. Examples Jeb Bush, John McCain, Mitt Romney

Tea Party - Believe Big Centralized Government prone to corruption. Strong Constitutional Conservative. Conservative Social Issues. Examples: Ted Cruz, Sarah Palin, Mike Lee

Blue Dog Democrat - Supports FDR + LBJ safety nets. Can be middle of the road social issues. Used to have a strong showing in Middle America. Examples: Joe Manchin, Jim Webb, Heath Shuler

Liberal Democrats - Support strong centralized government. Liberalized Social Issues. Less prone to use military. Examples: Barack Obama, Elizabeth Warren, Nancy Pelosi
Old 04-22-2015, 04:55 PM   #163
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Tea Party - Believe Big Centralized Government prone to corruption. Strong Constitutional Conservative.
Well that's a generous reading.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:10 PM   #164
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

My idea of the tea party might be different and include terms like racist, bigoted, homophobic, etc. And now that we have Ted Cruz as their current darling, add hypocrite to that list.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:16 PM   #165
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Like I prefaced it: My prediction.
Actually what you said was this:

Quote:
My prediction: Hillary is going to continue to struggle
The word "continue" would indicate that she is struggling currently, however as the CNN poll from RCP would indicate, she doesn't appear to be struggling currently.

She may "struggle" at some point as the election is still quite a ways out. However, if she is currently struggling by your metrics, she will still win easily. Which if you think about it, that is not exactly the definition of struggle.