US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire gun issue and culture is why we have repeatedly turned down job offers to move to the US. Especially the ones originating in places like Texas and Florida. Sorry, my kids don't need to be target practice at school.

Yes, but if you moved to Texas and got citizenship you could vote against Ted Cruz. That’s got to be worth at least a few lockdown drills.

If I’m not mistaken, Cavuto has been a critic multiple times in the past.

If so, I am unaware. From what I understood, he and Trump chatted on the phone everyday, if that is true.

EDIT TO ADD: oops! Sorry, that was Hannity. Nevermind....

After doing some Googling, yes, you're right LuckyNumber7, he has criticized Trump in the past often.

Last edited:
If so, I am unaware. From what I understood, he and Trump chatted on the phone everyday, if that is true.

EDIT TO ADD: oops! Sorry, that was Hannity. Nevermind....

After doing some Googling, yes, you're right LuckyNumber7, he has criticized Trump in the past often.

You’re thinking of Han...

Yeah, the edit popped up when I hit reply.

But here’s Cavuto, back in May, calling him out for the hush money and the Cohen stuff and the yada yada: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...amp_if_youre_the_one_muddying_the_waters.html

Fair enough to say that Cavuto was being gentle because he works for Fox.

Fox Business News is a (slightly) different beast than Fox News. They cater to those with $, particularly in the stock market and let's face it most of Trump's supporters are not exactly heavily invested. But they believe they can be millionaires someday!

If they can't indict Trump while he is in office, are all these grants of immunity related to the inevitable/eventual indictments of the Trump offspring + Jared? And does Trump care about any of them enough, aside from maybe Ivanka, to get the hell out of dodge before they're one their way to being next door to Bernie Madoff?

Marla Trump always seemed like an incredibly stupid woman but moving to California and keeping Tiffany away from this mess was A+.

The John McCain news is sad. I am glad he made this decision for himself, there is really a lot of dignity in leaving on your own terms and this is part of that.

Fox Business News is a (slightly) different beast than Fox News. They cater to those with $, particularly in the stock market and let's face it most of Trump's supporters are not exactly heavily invested. But they believe they can be millionaires someday!

If they can't indict Trump while he is in office, are all these grants of immunity related to the inevitable/eventual indictments of the Trump offspring + Jared? And does Trump care about any of them enough, aside from maybe Ivanka, to get the hell out of dodge before they're one their way to being next door to Bernie Madoff?

Marla Trump always seemed like an incredibly stupid woman but moving to California and keeping Tiffany away from this mess was A+.

The John McCain news is sad. I am glad he made this decision for himself, there is really a lot of dignity in leaving on your own terms and this is part of that.
He will send his kids to jail before he sends himself.

This shit makes me furious. They don't even print his name in the headline, Ammar Campa-Najjar.

DlZR5e5UUAAywmE.jpg:large

My father still supporters Trump and I honestly don't know what to do with this

Both my parents do. Smart, well-educated and traveled, decent, kind people in almost all aspects. Except... somewhere along the way they mixed up their religious and political beliefs, corrupting both at the same time. They’ve never really recovered, as they have to fall in line with the right wing party line no matter what because it is so inextricably bound up with their religious beliefs that they’d sooner twist their religious beliefs to fit their politics than vice versa. And they consider themselves to be deeply religious people.

Last edited:
Whether you liked McCain or not, he served our country well. Godspeed and Rest In Peace!

My father still supporters Trump and I honestly don't know what to do with this

Everyone in my family supports him, and I feel the same way. A few weeks ago my dad shockingly called Trump abrasive which made my jaw drop, because I never thought he’d come around at all. But despite that one incident, my dad and the rest of my family won’t ever turn away from Trump. Too racist to do so. Sigh!

Here’s what i don’t get

Trump goes after black NFL players for their lack of respect to country and military (and flag)

Yet he refuses to say anything about John McCain out of spite. And even stated he wasn’t a war hero. Making fun of his capture

How do vets support him ?

He died on the same day Senator Kennedy died in 2009. Of the same cancer.

Fuck cancer

Oh, wow, I didn't realize that. That's eerie. And yes, fuck cancer.

During the ABC coverage they were showing clips from "The View"-one where Biden was talking to Meghan about her dad and comforting her in regards to his illness, which was really sweet and touching, and then another one from when McCain made his final appearance on there alongside his daughter. Both clips got me all choked up-I don't care how old you are or prepared one may be for such a loss, it's always tough to lose a parent. My heart is going out to Meghan.

The tributes from President Obama and Joe Biden were beautiful. Of course, Trump couldn’t find the class to write anything but the most generic message.
I just saw that! He only had respects for his family but not a word on McCain himself. As if he was just writing a message so he wouldn’t get any backlash! What a POS!

Anyway RIP sir! He was the indeed a hero (whether or not you agree with his policies). Cancer does suck!

He wanted President Obama to give a eulogy at his funeral. It came out a long time ago that he didn't want Trump at his funeral. Why would he? Trump has no business being there. Saying the things he said about John McCain even after he was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer just proves (if anyone actually needs more proof) his complete lack of class and character. Saying what he said about John McCain as a POW was beyond despicable and low life , even more so since he's a cadet bone spurs.

I recommend the HBO documentary about John McCain For Whom The Bell Tolls. That was his favorite book, Hemingway was his favorite author. He loved literature and was a voracious reader. He also put out his own final book The Restless Wave earlier this year. I downloaded it last night, it's over 400 pages so it will be slow going but I'm sure it will be an interesting read.

John McCain's mother Roberta is still alive, she is 106 years old. She was aware of his illness and that he was stopping treatment, she is said to be very spunky. Unbelievable to survive your 81 year old son .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom