US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
are these Puerto Rico death toll figures only coming out now in the US? because i saw reports in the newspapers over here quite a few weeks ago now... wtf

Our governor finally admitted that the death toll was much higher than the initial 64.

Just like any other study that has been released in the past 11 months, I’m pissed.

And it’s more enraging when the President of the United States says he’s still “proud” of the recovery efforts, regardless of how many deaths.

While not much could have been done without the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and many other American companies (to which I’m grateful for), fuck Trump. And fuck my governor for continuing to kiss his ass.

[/rant]

I know the Weather Channel has been talking about the death toll discrepancy and keeping tabs on Puerto Rico's recovery efforts for months now. I think I've heard more about Puerto Rico from them than I have most news outlets in general. It's insane and shameful that the numbers were that messed up. All involved in the lies and lack of any decent aid should be punished/removed from office.

McSally, in an effort to appease Trumpsters, turned down the endorsement of the senator (Jeff Flake) who is vacating that seat.

You can’t make this shit up.

Wow, that's dumb.

I was reading about how some of the shifting demographics in Arizona could affect the GOP's chances in November. I hope the Democrats can take that state.

Last edited:
Our governor finally admitted that the death toll was much higher than the initial 64.

Just like any other study that has been released in the past 11 months, I’m pissed.

And it’s more enraging when the President of the United States says he’s still “proud” of the recovery efforts, regardless of how many deaths.

While not much could have been done without the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and many other American companies (to which I’m grateful for), fuck Trump. And fuck my governor for continuing to kiss his ass.

[/rant]
tenor.gif

So, seemingly out of nowhere Trump is lying about an interview that’s been out there for 18 months? He’s just now accusing Lester Holt of editing the interview. I wonder what triggered this? [emoji848]

I think you can see by the recent departures in the WH what Trump's next moves are. He's going to fire Sessions either very soon, or after the mid-term elections. Followed by firing Mueller.

He keeps going after that Bruce Ohr (and his wife), so I feel like we may be getting some news regarding collusion soon.

Roger Stone / Don Jr have been rumored for a while to be next in indictment line

He's absolutely unravelling before our eyes.

I think at this point it's imperative to take control of the House in November. The Senate is an uphill battle that really doesn't even absolutely have to be won. President Orange Mobster can't work with a Democratic Congress for even 5 minutes and the inevitable move to impeach will send him over the edge. So forget all the details, Session and this and that and concentrate 100% on getting out the vote and sending home as many immoral enablers as humanly possible.

It’s the master illusionist at work. Talk about Obama and Hillary all day.

People forget how long it’s been if they keep hearing the news. Let it die out and try to revive it and they’ll have forgotten.

It’s literally catnip for Fox News viewers.

As if he'd have really cared about Katrina's effect on New Orleans - since so many black people were affected.

BTW thank you for that detailed description of your time in Canada's armed forces.
McCain's tendency toward going war as a solutuon was a problem for me, as well as picking Palin.
I tend to respect service, but I also know there can be bad soldiers, higher ups etc. I've certainly listened to theoretical discussion on soldiers struggling with responses to potential illegal orders etc

McCain did make that (last?) vote related to health-care which has probably saved lives!

Fucking infuriating. This tragedy is equal in scope to 9/11 and is fucking ignored.

So beyond disgusting. Americans like us.
Certainly not ignored on WNYC public radio, NPR, NYC local commercial TV news. Definitely from their reporting over first a feral weeks that there would be way more deaths due to lack of food, clean water, lack of electricity for medical devices, bad road conditions in the more mountainous rural towns for people to get their medications, get dialysis oxygen supplies, etc. :(

I also saw that Arpaio lost in the Arizona GOP primary yesterday. Thank god.

Amen!

Back to GOP/Drumph-
Newt Gingrich ALSO came up with list of derogatory terms for Repubs to call Democrats.

Last edited:
Huh. TIL that you have to hold the most extreme views of any racist in order to be legitimately called a racist. Thanks, American Conservative!

We once had someone in here who had deftly fleshed out the sliding scale of what is, what is t, and what might be a little bit racist.

Seems helpful here?

For sure.

Who is better suited to creating a racism sliding scale than a white man?

I didn't watch any of Aretha Frankin's funeral, but what Michael Eric Dyson said about Trump. In response to Trump's tweet about Aretha having worked for him. LMAO.

Orange apparition, lugubrious leech, etc etc. Thread titles for days.

Jared and Ivanka are at John McCain's funeral.

Yeah and we have to keep seeing them close up every 3 mins

I just thought Meghan's eulogy was exceptional. So eloquent and so touching. The personal side of it was so real and heartfelt, and the shots at Trump were completely justified and based in truth. I don't like everything she says on The View, but I loved her today and cheered her on.

John McCain is a hero to me in many ways. His vote against the health care bill made him that to me. I even called his DC office to say so. His ability to admit he was wrong makes him a hero to me, especially when Cadet Bone Spurs is never wrong in his own delusional mind. His time as a POW makes him beyond a hero to me. Trump started all this crap by disrespecting that in such a disgusting way. The way he handled terminal cancer makes him a hero to me. My Mom handled it the very same way and she's my hero.

Trump is a petty small minded delusional narcissist man child. No John McCain wasn't perfect. But Trump isn't qualified to even speak his name. The America of John McCain was always great and doesn't need to be made great again. Deep down Trump disliked McCain because he knew he was outmatched. That's what narcissists always do in that situation, they go on the attack. John McCain refused to kiss Trump's ring and his butt, so Trump became a vindictive child like he always does.

John McCain selected Presidents Bush and Obama to eulogize him. Who will Trump select ?

Howpfully, Trump will die in jail.

:eek::ohmy:

I really want to know if Jared and Ivanka were invited or if they just showed up.

Also that Renee Fleming version of Danny Boy was heartbreaking. John McCain chose her to sing that too.

And a funny moment was W passing a piece of candy to Michelle Obama. They get along well, he says he likes her because she gets his humor.

I’m not wishing death on Trump.

I am wishing he is sentenced to jail for the rest of his life. For treason. Amongst many, many other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom