US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy Pelosi isn't the only one.

Look, I like Joe Biden on a personal level and I think he's a decent guy but he's also pushing 80 and comes from a different time. Yes, I get that he has a built-in appeal across PA/OH and the heartland where it matters when it comes to Trump, but let's move on to the next generation and not look back. Needless to say this goes for Bernie Sanders x100.

The Dems will have a fairly wide open field, unless things/$$ start to crystalize over the next 6 months or so. I expect 10+ candidates at the outset. The Republican field might be even more interesting. Who has the intestinal fortitude to take on Trump? And the GOP primaries are gong shows to the Nth degree, so how does that even play out?

The thing is, all of those oldiefolks like Pelosi and Biden and Sanders and Warren all have built their careers to this point. You know, like, Biden has been waiting for his chance to run. So has Warren. Circumstances (surging Obama, Hilary waiting in line) have held off their chances at runs until now.

So you can’t blame them for wanting to run. But it’s not about them. But if it was you or me, we might do the same.

Yeah I totally understand the “it’s my turn now” mentality and I don’t blame them on a personal level but the party as a whole needs to be much more offensive and strategic-thinking.

I would not do the same not because I am that principled but because the only place my ass is sitting in my 70s is on a beach.

Nancy Pelosi isn't the only one.

Look, I like Joe Biden on a personal level and I think he's a decent guy but he's also pushing 80 and comes from a different time. Yes, I get that he has a built-in appeal across PA/OH and the heartland where it matters when it comes to Trump, but let's move on to the next generation and not look back. Needless to say this goes for Bernie Sanders x100.

The Dems will have a fairly wide open field, unless things/$$ start to crystalize over the next 6 months or so. I expect 10+ candidates at the outset. The Republican field might be even more interesting. Who has the intestinal fortitude to take on Trump? And the GOP primaries are gong shows to the Nth degree, so how does that even play out?
100%

They need a young, energetic candidate - not a geriatric retread. This absolutely includes Biden and Sanders.

Regarding which Republicans might toss their hat into the ring? Obviously a lot depends on whether or not Trump lasts 4 years, and that obviously depends on whether or not the Democrats can take back Congress.

But if Trump is still there on 2020, the only person I can honestly see testing him is Kasich. Maaaaaybe Evan McMullin gives it a try. But I think either will get crushed. If Trump gets impeached or things get so bad that the Republicans, now that they have their judges, turn on Trump and he doesn't run? Ehhhh then maybe one of the so called "never Trump" Republicans has a chance.

Maybe Larry Hogan, though I think he’s far too committed to doing his job to actually run.

It’s weird, when someone does their job. You know?

Biden did run, though, and he lost in the primaries. I don't know if he fits into the waiting his turn field.

Oh c’mon, he withdrew early. By that account, Trump is at 3 as well.
Haha, I was only screwing with you. It was 30 years ago, but I think that also says everything that needs to be said about the idea of Biden running again. He ran for the first time THIRTY YEARS AGO.

He, like the others before him, pops up when there is something to gloat about. Before that, it's radio silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom