US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point the American people, Trump voters included (aside from the 30% of wackos who won't believe anything you tell them) will have to come to grips with the fact that the President of the United States is a mobbed up criminal, has been one since at least the mid 80s, and the evidence to back this up was readily available to anyone who actually cared to look.

Nope.

Cohen’s admission makes it harder for Republicans to claim that Trump didn’t violate the law. But it doesn’t really matter. For many Republicans, Trump remains uncorrupt—indeed, anticorrupt—because what they fear most isn’t the corruption of American law; it’s the corruption of America’s traditional identity. And in the struggle against that form of corruption—the kind embodied by Cristhian Rivera—Trump isn’t the problem. He’s the solution.

Why Trump Supporters Believe He Is Not Corrupt

I have my doubts about the blue wave

Only 28% of the “young” voters say they plan on voting , but they’ll hashtag the fuck out of a cause!!

Voter ID laws, voter suppression, gerrymandering really hasn’t been addressed

And lastly, nothing has been done to protect our voting systems from hacking. I expect major issues in November

And even if dems do win a majority, you know Trump and GOP will cry RIGGED!!!

I hope I’m wrong on everything

Yeah, I'm in agreement with this. I'm not optimistic about a Blue Wave either.

Trump won because we had a black man as President for 8 years. That pissed off a lot of white people in this country, and they'll be pissed until they are six-feet under. Sure, job opportunities and elitism was another factor. But racism was, and is, a big part of Trump's popularity. That, along with misogyny, Islamaphobia and so much else. I know I sound like a broken record here, but racism cannot be changed - or cured - over night.

Haha now that Cohen flipped, trump is attacking him and crying like a baby (whatever happened to the great praise trump original gave Cohen) and he is praising Manafort . This guy is a disgusting pig. Both Cohen and Manafort are both criminals but as long as you don’t go against trump, you are a fine guy in trumps eyes no matter what crime you committed.

Trump supporters are amazing. I mean they may not be that bright but they’re imaginative.

Today I’ve read(on Twitter) Cohen pleaded guilty, to a fake crime, as part of Trump’s plan to take down the cabal. And will be freed once the plan is executed, since it was a fake crime to begin with, duh.

Cohen was a deep state plant, hence the Clinton lawyer. But yeah basically deep state planted, started getting Trump in the habit of payoffs, etc. because they knew he’d run years in advance.

And then there’s one about how Trump allowed Cohen to shoot himself in the foot because Trump didn’t like how corrupt Cohen had become.

My dream come true would be Trump goes to prison, but is still allowed Twitter, because it’s just so damn entertaining.

Today I’ve read(on Twitter) Cohen pleaded guilty, to a fake crime, as part of Trump’s plan to take down the cabal. And will be freed once the plan is executed, since it was a fake crime to begin with, duh.

Cohen was a deep state plant, hence the Clinton lawyer. But yeah basically deep state planted, started getting Trump in the habit of payoffs, etc. because they knew he’d run years in advance.

:der: :huh:

What must it be like in these people's heads on a daily basis? Honestly?

My dream come true would be Trump goes to prison, but is still allowed Twitter, because it’s just so damn entertaining.

My dream come true is that Trump goes to prison and loses any and all contact with the outside world for good, and the only time the rest of us have to hear his voice or read any of his Tweets/speeches/other types of commentary ever again is when he's being discussed in history classes or history documentaries about this time period. I'm so beyond ready to go back to the days when I didn't have to give a shit about whatever nonsense he spouted.

Trump supporters are amazing. I mean they may not be that bright but they’re imaginative.

And then there’s one about how Trump allowed Cohen to shoot himself in the foot because Trump didn’t like how corrupt Cohen had become.

Methinks they are the QAnon type.

Buckle up, folks. Today could get bumpy

Tweet from @karentravers: Trump is hammering AG Sessions in intv with Fox News. Says he hasnt gotten control of DOJ

"What kind of a man is this?" Trump asks about Sessions' recusing himself from Russia probe. "By the way, the only reason I gave him the job, I felt loyalty. He was an original supporter."

Tweet from @karentravers: AG Sessions will be at the White House today for a meeting with Pres Trump & Jared Kushner, per @JordynPhelps

Topic: prison/sentencing reform

I saw that one. I was starting to feel like “unhinged” has been beaten to death in an overused description of his twitter, so I went and looked at it (and regretted it immediately). If anything, it’s an understatement.

It's finally sinking in for the orange buffoon that he's royally fucked.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/politics/trump-impeachment-democrats-congress/index.html

"I don't know how you can impeach somebody who has done a great job"

"If I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash, I think everybody would be very poor"

"I give myself an A+. I don't think any President has ever done what I have done"

"The only thing I'm doing badly in is the press doesn't cover me fairly"

He needs to be medicated and placed on a secure floor in a ward.

Impeachment should be the least of his worries. He’s deteriorating rapidly.

He needs to be medicated and placed on a secure floor in a ward.

Impeachment should be the least of his worries. He’s deteriorating rapidly.

he was all-caps tweeting at 1am - it's getting to him :lol:

NYPost news alert just said Sessions said the DOJ won't "improperly influenced" by politics.

Ah, Sessions has a way to get back at Trump!

From a set of Trump quotes on the previous page:

"I don't think any President has ever done what I have done"

Welllll, to be fair .... there's no lie there.

:corn:

The tabloid executive David J. Pecker has been granted immunity by federal prosecutors investigating payments during the 2016 campaign to two women who said they had affairs with Donald J. Trump, a person familiar with the investigation confirmed on Thursday.

Mr. Pecker is chief executive and chairman of American Media Inc., the nation’s biggest tabloid news publisher, best known for its flagship, The National Enquirer.

He is close to Mr. Trump and the president’s former lawyer and fixer, Michael D. Cohen, and had been integral to a campaign effort to help protect Mr. Trump from embarrassing stories about women as he ran for the presidency.

Mr. Cohen pleaded guilty in federal court in Manhattan on Tuesday to violating campaign finance law and other charges. He also acknowledged that Mr. Trump had directed him to arrange payments to two women during the 2016 campaign to keep them from speaking publicly about affairs they said they had with Mr. Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/23/...tion=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Is Paul Ryan still sequestered practicing his shrugging?

The Duncan Hunter spending is hilariously awful. Plane ticket for pet rabbit? Buying clothing for themselves at golf store and claiming they were buying golf balls for wounded veterans? $11K+ at Costco (ok I can see that one as being normal, don’t tell my husband). You couldn’t make this stuff up if you tried.

Is Paul Ryan still sequestered practicing his shrugging?

The Duncan Hunter spending is hilariously awful. Plane ticket for pet rabbit? Buying clothing for themselves at golf store and claiming they were buying golf balls for wounded veterans? $11K+ at Costco (ok I can see that one as being normal, don’t tell my husband). You couldn’t make this stuff up if you tried.

They are awful people. The callousness they showed when coming up with their excuses was sickening. However, I could easily spend $3,300 at In-n-Out.

This happened the only time that I served jury duty. I felt so bad for the ADA, who looked pretty young and was probably given the case because it was a slam dunk (and it was) and there was one dude who just wouldn't vote to convict, and wouldn't even tell his reasons why. He refused to even discuss his reasoning. Ended in a hung jury - 11 to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom