US PolitiX -Angry Left Wing Mob Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melania did an interview with ABC when she was in Africa. She says in the interview that she is the most bullied person in the world. When the reporter questioned that she said well one of the most. And that was her motivation to focus on cyberbullying and start her Be Best campaign.

Ironic since she's married to a person who loves to bully people. It's bizarre, the "logic".

She very well may be if she had to listen to him bully her 24/7 but we all know they have nothing to do with each other.

She very well may be if she had to listen to him bully her 24/7 but we all know they have nothing to do with each other.

I thought she might have been talking about him when she said that. I think the interview is on 20/20 tomorrow night. The reporter asked her about the infamous really don't care jacket, I saw that in a commercial.

20161024_jump.jpg

Kanye just had a manic episode in the Oval Office. Somebody get him back on his meds.

I started watching the video, Kanye was so manic that it made me nervous and I had to stop. Jim Brown was sitting there looking like he was thinking wtf am I doing here. Kanye said motherfucker in the Oval Office, that has to be a first for an Oval Office press opportunity.

Getting real sick of cnn’s headlines.

“Why the Kanye West-Jim Brown lunch with Trump was a disaster”

They’ve really adopted the “we need to convince people” attitude to their news. Like “wat if they r trump supporters treading this” or “in case u rnt mad abt this this is y u should b”

Just imagine how apoplectic the Republicans would be if in the aftermath of a hurricane like Michael, Obama was chatting it up with an unhinged Kanye West.

Just imagine how apoplectic the Republicans would be if in the aftermath of a hurricane like Michael, Obama was chatting it up with an unhinged Kanye West.

Yep. Kanye was also talking about a man who is in prison for murder, a notorious gang leader. That he needs to be out of prison. Can you imagine if Obama even entertained that subject? Kanye said today that some doctor told him that he isn't bipolar, just sleep deprived. It's very sad, he is obviously suffering from some sort of mental health issue. It was cringeworthy, to have cameras and reporters in there today. And Trump sitting there exploiting it all. My African American over there?

So it seems like some in the Dem field (Cory Booker) are running on a "they go low we go high" platform and Michelle Obama (whom I otherwise love) is doing the circuit emphasizing this. They don't get it. It's like they are on the Titanic trying to bail water with buckets.

very interesting New Yorker article - Oct 15th issue? Journalist interviewed on public radio.

NYTimes actually had this but couldn't find enough info to go to print.

Conplex.
One of a bunch of Computer Scientists (who monitors the WWW for safety issues) found a website or server in one place in Pennsylvania (can't remember what they were looking for) that seem to solely handle all of certain stuff pertaining to Trump Hotels.
Suddenly on a certain day all that was gone, and some other activity started. I don't remember if something strange showed up or something seemingly benign but a very knowledgeable person of certain things might go... "hmmm".
The upshot (after journalist explained how they found out) is that that site/server started receiving messages from a pretty prominent Russian Bank. I think the date maybe have also been important- possibly election related. Not sure they knew what was being said by bank etc

Sorry for some vagueness coughing a lot from allergies for several days is messing w me.
I will go read it a t the library, hopefully by Sunday.

Last edited:
So it seems like some in the Dem field (Cory Booker) are running on a "they go low we go high" platform and Michelle Obama (whom I otherwise love) is doing the circuit emphasizing this. They don't get it. It's like they are on the Titanic trying to bail water with buckets.

The Dems still think these are normal times. That somehow the old GOP will come back, and that it’s a level playing field.

The GOP are literally stealing elections out in the open and you hear nothing from the mainstream Dems. Only the press and the dem candidate that’s being screwed.

I just want to hear a Democrat come out and say, this is all bullshit. The GOP are liars and cheats and we will do whatever it takes to remove them.

Of course they say this and the right wing has manipulated the media so badly that the Dem who says that would immediately face pressure to step down and they probably would haha

That's the problem. The Democrats can't seem to win either way. They did try going in tough with their fight to stop Kavanaugh being confirmed. You saw how that worked out for them. Plus, all their attempts to fight back seem to do is further fuel the "See, both sides are equally bad" attitude among some out there.

I will say that I don't think their "we go high" thing is them hoping or thinking that the GOP itself will change their ways, though. I'm pretty sure they know full well that that party's return to sanity is a lost cause at this point.

But I do think they're hoping that if they present themselves as being above what the GOP is pulling, that'll encourage voters on the left, as well as any independent voters and whatever moderate conservatives may well remain, to support them simply on the basis of thinking, "Finally, a group of people that isn't a bunch of assholes." Because the fact remains that more people don't support this administration than do, and I think a large part of that has been because of how outright cruel and nasty it's been. So on that level, I can understand the whole "let's go high" attitude, to show how sharp a contrast there is.

Having said that, however, I do agree they can't run just on that. They should also figure out how to spread the message of their particular platform in a way that gets people eager to vote and support them, and I do fully agree they should make clear that they will fight back against Trump as much as possible, too, because yes, this administration absolutely needs to be held accountable for its shit. There are ways to fight back without having to stoop to their level of nastiness, after all, so they need to figure out how to best do that, in a way that can get voters on board.

The Dems still think these are normal times. That somehow the old GOP will come back, and that it’s a level playing field.

The GOP are literally stealing elections out in the open and you hear nothing from the mainstream Dems. Only the press and the dem candidate that’s being screwed.

I just want to hear a Democrat come out and say, this is all bullshit. The GOP are liars and cheats and we will do whatever it takes to remove them.

Of course they say this and the right wing has manipulated the media so badly that the Dem who says that would immediately face pressure to step down and they probably would haha

Yep. Hillary Clinton said something like that this week. And immediately everything right-wing was telling about the 'angry left mob' and how it would be dangerous if they would win. So yeah, whatever they do, they can't win.

They need to stop listening to right wing sources. Seriously think about how these people have behaved since Obama, the rhetoric of the Tea Party, the racism, the intolerance. And did they pay the price electorally? No!

Which elections ?

I believe that’s in reference to the Georgia election for governor where the Georgia Secretary of State apparently is withholding some 58,000 voter registration applications and simultaneously revoking registration statuses based upon bureaucratic procedure, both without warrant. And supposedly the status quo would have been for him to vacate his Secretary of State position before running for governor to avoid conflict of interest for this very thing happening.

Some folks are claiming it’s a racist movement but I disagree that it needs to be called as such. It’s a conflict of interest and I think this could happen on either side. It’s abuse of power and we need laws against this such that you can’t Jeb Bush a 2000 election. It’s sort of horse shit.

Are there cases of democrats disenfranchising white rural voters ?

It’s also happening in Indiana and North Dakota

You know, many people of color and/ or minorities find it insulting that liberals think they’re too stupid to figure out how to get an ID to vote. Everything else you need an ID for, but in order to prove you’re eligible to vote, it’s racist or disenfranchisement. Gotcha.??????

I think his point is more that it's racism by association rather than just plain old racism... as in they're doing it not because it's racist, but because it works.

Right - to me it does sound like a direct abuse of power a la Jeb Bush in 2000. Like, do whatever it takes with my position of power to ensure I (or my brother) wins.

It’s a racist action but hardly a racist motive. But then again, we see the attack on voter rights as a racist motive all the time. But I don’t think this is explicitly that - and I do think, as I said before - we need to do something about interference in elections with conflicts of interest. If the SoS’s role is some form of statewide commissioner of elections, he should not be allowed to run without first vacating that power.

You know, many people of color and/ or minorities find it insulting that liberals think they’re too stupid to figure out how to get an ID to vote. Everything else you need an ID for, but in order to prove you’re eligible to vote, it’s racist or disenfranchisement. Gotcha.í*½í¹„

No one is claiming anyone isn’t smart enough to get an ID, but yeah continue your ignorant strawman arguments. We understand we wouldn’t see you post without them.

You know, many people of color and/ or minorities find it insulting that liberals think they’re too stupid to figure out how to get an ID to vote. Everything else you need an ID for, but in order to prove you’re eligible to vote, it’s racist or disenfranchisement. Gotcha.í*½í¹„

Yeah, you definitely don’t speak for people of color and/or minorities.

“Liberals” don’t think these people are “too stupid” to get IDs to vote. Those are *your* words, by the way. Nobody has said them but you.

We can make this about money and thereby economic class, depending upon the law at question. We can make this about complexity versus who is more likely to vote as a demographic and thereby note that certain demographics become even less likely to vote because they didn’t trust the system and trust it even less now.

We can make this about a lot of things. I’m sure you can even correlate intelligence and voter registration, but I doubt you would find anything because a lot of voters are dumb as fuck.

But yeah, don’t do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom