US Politics XIV: Vote for Pedro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WP: 370 federal prosecutors said Trump would be charged w obstruction if he wasn't in office.

There were 370 signers- including many Republicans. "They worked in every presidential administration since that of Dwight D. Eisenhower." Trump's obstruction of justice was and continues to be so blatant. Barr will rue the day he joined his team.

A joke about the "indicting a ham sandwich", then a reply about a particular type of ham sandwich.

Last edited:
WP: 370 federal prosecutors said Trump would be charged w obstruction if he wasn't in office.

There were 370 signers- including many Republicans. "They worked in every presidential administration since that of Dwight D. Eisenhower." Trump's obstruction of justice was and continues to be so blatant. Barr will rue the day he joined his team.

A joke about the "indicting a ham sandwich", then a reply about a particular type of ham sandwich.

So is it still a witch hunt if Republicans sign off on that assessment too?

I think he would challenge in court, which he’s been stacking in his favor.

Also all the important government/administrative positions are all full of his yes men and family

okay, so what do you think would happen if the democratic candidate wins the election and he decides to challenge it in court?

even if he does say he's staying, so what? the secret service isn't the praetorian guard.

Oh, duh. :lol:
I've heard that term but don't know the actual reference (i did look it up :) ) All that came up for me as i read you post was related to South Africa apartheid because of Pretoria.

And let's hope that's so (Secret Service) should it come to that. :(

Last edited:
NEWSWEEK-

Former CIA and Department of Defense official Jeremy Bash argued on Monday that President Donald Trump’s foreign policy makes sense when you look at it through the lens of Russia’s international ambitions.

Bash, who served as the chief of staff of the DoD after serving as the chief of staff of the CIA under President Barack Obama, appeared on a segment of MSNBC’s Morning Joe to discuss Trump’s shifting foreign policy positions. He argued that Trump’s international policies appear to be impacted by Russian “leverage over him”

“I would say that the president actually is operating from a coherent perspective, in that he totally pushes away intelligence, he doesn’t listen to it, every instance as you go down the line, his foreign policy is one where Russia has leverage over him,” Bash alleged.

“It’s kind of inexplicable,” he continued. The former CIA official then laid out a series of foreign policy decisions made by the president that have appeared to be in Russia’s interest.

Anyone else shocked that Corey Booker and Castro both just reached the 65k donor mark?? Booker has been the biggest surprise to me on how poorly he is doing overall.

Oooooops! My misperception.

I thought you were talking about the whole Democratic field of presidential candidates, not Biden specifically.
( if i'm going to expend my energy and limited wifi time i'd rather get what a person is saying as i post! :D )

Since you pointed out these potential problems (i say potential bc i haven't really listened to Biden that much yet to be able to talk about these particular issues) - will payer closer attention so i know more. And do my part to push him in a better direction when i determine the best time.
While I was talking specifically about Biden, I will say that I generally feel like all of them have similar problems. Medicare for All and the Green New Deal kind of need to be party standards. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to have a litmus test on things as basic as guaranteeing healthcare for all and actually taking the environment seriously with something comprehensive.

While I was talking specifically about Biden, I will say that I generally feel like all of them have similar problems. Medicare for All and the Green New Deal kind of need to be party standards. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to have a litmus test on things as basic as guaranteeing healthcare for all and actually taking the environment seriously with something comprehensive.

Well, I only watched one part of one Biden event and he clearly said he was for a public option, or as some are calling it now, Medicare choice.

I'm not really sure which idea I prefer, I see pros and cons of both paths. I guess the biggest pro I see for public option is that it might have a chance in hell of passing.

I guess my question is...

...if Donny can't be charged because he's President, can he be arrested and charged the minute a new President is sworn in?

okay, so what do you think would happen if the democratic candidate wins the election and he decides to challenge it in court?

I think it’ll go something like this

A dem wins, and he disputes the results. Filing lawsuit after suit. The senate will side with him and open investigation after another

The statement will be that the transition cannot occur until the results have been confirmed .... a billion times.

But honestly i have no idea what would happen since we’ve never had to even think about a President refusing to leave.

Or as his current line is, he’s owed two more years because of the witch hunt.

I think it’ll go something like this

A dem wins, and he disputes the results. Filing lawsuit after suit. The senate will side with him and open investigation after another

The statement will be that the transition cannot occur until the results have been confirmed .... a billion times.

But honestly i have no idea what would happen since we’ve never had to even think about a President refusing to leave.

Or as his current line is, he’s owed two more years because of the witch hunt.

The minute he tees off at Mar a Lago on Jan 21, 2021, they just change the locks on the White House and problem solved.

I would have to think that even the most complacent Americans would get off their butts and in the streets if he started squatting in the WH past January 21, 2021.

the only thing that surprises me is that he'd have any interest in continuing to troll this place in such a low-key way. i can't fathom why, or what he gets out of it at this point, and that's why i was skeptical that it was actually him. but i'm not really surprised that it was indeed orgorp.

the only thing that surprises me is that he'd have any interest in continuing to troll this place in such a low-key way. i can't fathom why, or what he gets out of it at this point, and that's why i was skeptical that it was actually him. but i'm not really surprised that it was indeed orgorp.

So he can make another post on r/The_Donald about how everyone's mean to him despite his thinly veiled concern trolling and bad faith 'arguments'.

It was obvious it was him.

Maybe he's back to hitting on his cousin.

Well, I only watched one part of one Biden event and he clearly said he was for a public option, or as some are calling it now, Medicare choice.

I'm not really sure which idea I prefer, I see pros and cons of both paths. I guess the biggest pro I see for public option is that it might have a chance in hell of passing.
The public option doesn't work. You have to kill private insurance. Healthcare can't be a right and a commodity. There's no middle ground here. It will never be sustainable until you get single payer. This isn't some litmus test thing. There's no fathomable way to make any of it work until private insurance is killed. Compromise doesn't win this, because you can't compromise with companies built to profit off suffering.

The public option doesn't work. You have to kill private insurance. Healthcare can't be a right and a commodity. There's no middle ground here. It will never be sustainable until you get single payer. This isn't some litmus test thing. There's no fathomable way to make any of it work until private insurance is killed. Compromise doesn't win this, because you can't compromise with companies built to profit off suffering.

+1

x1000

Don’t understand how people don’t understand this. The concept of healthcare and health insurance working in parallel is invalid. Insurance can top off health care though in series.

So Mnuchin refuses to release trumps tax returns. Is there anything that the republicans will not block in order to get to the bottom of why trump is such a criminal??

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/06/po...ss-showdown/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

Seriously how can they protect someone who is so clearly guilty?
I am always befuddled by reactions like this. Of course they'll protect him. It's in their interests to do so. Trump is more brazen, rude, and stupid than anyone before him, but that's really the only way in which he's different than your average Republican. Anything to get money and power. What motive do they have to do anything but protect their own? Every Republican politician is an immoral bloodthirsty ghoul who wants nothing but money and power. Every single one. Understanding that makes their motivations very simple to understand and predict.

There is no greater sense of good here. "Have you at last no sense of decency sir?" is a line that would get you laughed out of a room. When has decency mattered one iota? If it ever really did, it was a very long time ago.

I am always befuddled by reactions like this. Of course they'll protect him. It's in their interests to do so. Trump is more brazen, rude, and stupid than anyone before him, but that's really the only way in which he's different than your average Republican. Anything to get money and power. What motive do they have to do anything but protect their own? Every Republican politician is an immoral bloodthirsty ghoul who wants nothing but money and power. Every single one. Understanding that makes their motivations very simple to understand and predict.

There is no greater sense of good here. "Have you at last no sense of decency sir?" is a line that would get you laughed out of a room. When has decency mattered one iota? If it ever really did, it was a very long time ago.
I agree with you. Well, I guess my reaction was not of surprise, I mean it’s obvious they will protect trump at all costs. I guess my reaction comes more out of the frustration that this administration is getting away with murder and nothing seems to get done about it. The will to protect trump has done far more damage to the Republican Party than if they would have done the right thing at the beginning. Ie they should have dealt with him before they nominated him as I recall many republicans at the time were speaking against him. As soon as he got nominated they all coward and went back on their words like Paul Ryan.

Last edited:
+1

x1000

Don’t understand how people don’t understand this. The concept of healthcare and health insurance working in parallel is invalid. Insurance can top off health care though in series.
This is easy (and I don't mean anyone in this room, alas)

People don't understand because the vast majority of the electorate, both young and old, are either stupid, don't care to actually research what's been said and accept sweeping generalities, or a combination of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom