US Politics XIV: Vote for Pedro - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2019, 11:02 PM   #286
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
So apparently Trump doesn't want his tax returns released because his companies lost a billion dollars over the past decade, not because they show him to be a criminal.

I mean he still may be a criminal, but honestly the former is probably more of a negative with his base than the latter.

It’s more who the heck would loan this guy money at all with how bad he is with it

Oh

It’s all in rubles.

Old 05-07-2019, 11:12 PM   #287
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
It’s more who the heck would loan this guy money at all with how bad he is with it
were you alive in the mid-2000s?

Old 05-07-2019, 11:31 PM   #288
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post

Oh

It’s all in rubles.

I would be impressed if you could make a post about Trump without a reference to something Russian.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:01 AM   #289
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Why? He’s clearly owned by them.

I’ll drop the Russian asset angle once he says something semi negative about Putin
Old 05-08-2019, 09:25 AM   #290
Blue Crack Distributor

The Democrats are really really bad at this.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:30 AM   #291
Blue Crack Distributor

Trump had claimed executive privilege over documents that were already given to the special counsel, which is outrageous and clearly not a thing.

The Democrats responded by making elephant nosies while spinning around, and finally, by taking a shit on the floor.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #292
Blue Crack Addict

This is like a first year law school exam gone wrong.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:24 PM   #293
The Fly

It is really difficult to square the circle with how seriously the Dems took the Mueller investigation with their total disinterest in actually taking action. But I do think it goes to the theory that many of them hate the idea of actually wielding power against anyone in their social stratosphere. So, the idea of actually wielding power in any meaningful way.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:27 PM   #294
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:21 AM
Yeah, if nothing else, this has finally made me understand why the Democrats as a party are so loathed by parts of the left.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:37 PM   #295
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Yeah, if nothing else, this has finally made me understand why the Democrats as a party are so loathed by parts of the left.
The best summary of why the left can't stand the Dems is Obama's first two years in office. He had as strong a mandate as any Democrat will ever have again, and did so little with it.

How do you need beef up voting rights and attack gerrymandering? How do you avoid implementing even the most basic pro-union policies (even something as simple as card check)? How do you kneecap your own healthcare bill so drastically? How do you immediately acquiesce to the military industrial complex after winning on a wave of anti-war sentiment? Why were no orchestrators of the Iraq War investigated/charged for their war crimes? Why no investigation/charges on the architects of the financial collapse? How is your only response to the financial crisis to bail out the banks? Why were statehood for DC and Puerto Rico not even considered?

There were certain things out of their control; the racist backlash to Obama's election was inevitable, and while predictable to an extent, the GOP embracing and financing something like the Tea Party crushed the momentum in the 2010 midterms. And McConnell's now standard-bearing obstructionism was somewhat new at the time. But actually accomplishing something in those two years would have helped some of those elections at the very least. Those two years being the peak of Democratic power in my lifetime, and that's all they can get done? That's why so many have no time or patience for the Dems.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:13 PM   #296
Blue Crack Supplier

WASHINGTON, May 8 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee has subpoenaed the president's son, Donald Trump Jr., to answer questions about the younger Trump's contacts with Russia, two congressional sources said on Wednesday.

The panel is seeking to question Trump Jr. about his previous congressional testimony, the sources said. The Axios web site said he told the Senate Judiciary Committee in 2017 that he was only "peripherally aware" of proposed plans for a Trump Tower project in Moscow. (Reporting by Mark Hosenball; Editing by David Alexander and Chris Reese)

??? ???
Old 05-08-2019, 04:22 PM   #297
The Fly

Wild how they waited until after the GOP realized they can just ignore subpoenas with impunity.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #298
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
The best summary of why the left can't stand the Dems is Obama's first two years in office. He had as strong a mandate as any Democrat will ever have again, and did so little with it.

How do you need beef up voting rights and attack gerrymandering? How do you avoid implementing even the most basic pro-union policies (even something as simple as card check)? How do you kneecap your own healthcare bill so drastically? How do you immediately acquiesce to the military industrial complex after winning on a wave of anti-war sentiment? Why were no orchestrators of the Iraq War investigated/charged for their war crimes? Why no investigation/charges on the architects of the financial collapse? How is your only response to the financial crisis to bail out the banks? Why were statehood for DC and Puerto Rico not even considered?

There were certain things out of their control; the racist backlash to Obama's election was inevitable, and while predictable to an extent, the GOP embracing and financing something like the Tea Party crushed the momentum in the 2010 midterms. And McConnell's now standard-bearing obstructionism was somewhat new at the time. But actually accomplishing something in those two years would have helped some of those elections at the very least. Those two years being the peak of Democratic power in my lifetime, and that's all they can get done? That's why so many have no time or patience for the Dems.
half an

Maybe because i wss cogent enough during the mid-late 60's onward, and in nyc where there was(/is) a panoply of activism to see that The Democrats (many) were doing good things; that I won't abandon them, and on local, and sometimes state level they do as well all along.

As far as President Obama remember (i thintk) Republicans were going to oppose everything Obama planned to do. I always thought he was sometimes too centerist for me.

Also while his public face was rather usually mild mannered, couldn't appear too forceful or the "angry black man" trope would be activated.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:30 PM   #299
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/...839379968?s=21

What a joke this guy (Trump) has made of the office and this country
Old 05-08-2019, 10:54 PM   #300
Blue Crack Distributor

I have no idea who wrote this but it rang so incredibly true about how I feel about the current situation that our shit hole country finds itself in that I thought I'd steal it

Quote:
From the moment I saw Donald Trump announce that he was running for President, I thought it was hilarious. Growing up in NYC, I was well aware of his lack of business acumen. Everyone here is. He's a punchline, at best. He's a failed businessman who hung on just long enough to parlay his name recognition into a career in the lowest form of celebrity- Reality TV.

America is a land inhabited by people obsessed with celebrity. We all think we're going to be rich one day. We all think we're going to be famous one day. And the depths to which we'll stoop to achieve that knows no limit. As Ricky Gervais said, "People would rather be famous for being shit than not be famous at all." That is who we are. And that is who we elected. So that is who we deserve.