US Politics XIV: Vote for Pedro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i thought the same as nancy pelosi does for about an evening after the mueller report came out, but changed my mind pretty fast. it's become plainly obvious that impeachment hearings need to happen so that these subpoenas can't be argued against and ignored, and the public can see the evidence for themselves before the election. if the GOP senate still insists on blocking it in the face of overwhelming (publicly seen) evidence of his guilt then they'll be slaughtered on election day.

Prosecutors are worth being wary of. So are corporate lawyers.

Of all the various types of lawyers, corporate ones are very close to the bottom of the list for me in terms of concerns. And I say that understanding that being one will mean people will write off my opinion. But truly, we are paper pushers.

I don't think most people even know what a corporate lawyer does to be honest.

I'm all for exposing the GOP for who they are, and I don't mean to imply that the Senate's unlikeliness to convict is an issue that should scare them away from impeaching, I just mean that it's an issue that they'd need to prepare and plan for, because you know it's likely going to happen.

It'd just suck to see them put forth a solid case and impeach only for their efforts to be thwarted. I'd like to know that their efforts will actually pay off, or that they'll have a solid backup plan in place in case the GOP doesn't do their job. Yes, the GOP would feel the effects of their refusal to do their job come election day, but it'd be good to see them get some punishment before then, too.

Last edited:
Nah, the voters will save us in 2020. We just have to have the largest turnout in the history of the country to really send a message!

If those tapes were to ever come to the surface i feel the media would have a debate on is the N word REALLY that bad anymore ??

I don’t know what to think. Which is sad that we can’t assume that a man is speaking from the heart and following his duties as a congressman versus some test or other means

The video on cnn of the Trump supporter is difficult to watch

The evil, secret, silent coup that Hillary Clinton started...

I love how it’s all a giant secret except to MAGAs. They figured it all out.

She was gladly, and surprisingly heckled throughout most of her talk.

Sounds like Mr Mueller thinks that Congress should regard his ample evidence of obstruction of justice as a SLAM DUNK.

The number of people, ranging from average Joe to political correspondent to actual politician, who are all "woah, Muller said that he didn't charge him with a crime because he couldn't. This is huuuuge!" is just mind numbingly stupid.

Like, yea, no shit. Did any of you assholes actually read the report? It says that.

From a new book:

In the book, Bannon predicts Trump’s presidency will fall after investigations into his finances reveal to his supporters that he’s not some incredible self-made billionaire, but a crook. “This is where it isn’t a witch hunt—even for the hard-core, this is where he turns into just a crooked business guy, and one worth $50m instead of $10bn,” Bannon is quoted as saying. “Not the billionaire he said he was, just another scumbag.”

Headache, you should get royalties for having said this all along.

"Words can't even describe how much I love this man..."

"He needs to come back to the party he really belongs to and all will be good again :D"

"he seems a compassionate and intelligent man to me"

"As much as we all may like Rudy..."

"Give me a moderate President dammit! I'll vote for one. Since I really can't vote for a liberal because the Democrats no longer nominate liberals, a moderate is the best we can do."

and the award for hottest take of 2004 goes to...

"He's a good example of Churchill's calibre"

fucking yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom