US Politics XIV: Vote for Pedro - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2019, 03:23 PM   #226
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Yes.

So 1/21/21 is going to be epic.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:24 PM   #227
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I would like to say that neither headache nor I backed down from this.

I would have thought zephyrpilot being outed as everyone's favorite white nationalist former member orgieoeireoperia would have gotten more of a reaction in here.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #228
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

I would have thought zephyrpilot being outed as everyone's favorite white nationalist former member orgieoeireoperia would have gotten more of a reaction in here.

He played it better than most, but it wasn’t at all surprising.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #229
ONE
love, blood, life

If memory serves me correctly, someone even asked if it we were joking about his assumed identity.

I deffo said no.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:59 PM   #230
Blue Crack Addict

the only thing that surprises me is that he'd have any interest in continuing to troll this place in such a low-key way. i can't fathom why, or what he gets out of it at this point, and that's why i was skeptical that it was actually him. but i'm not really surprised that it was indeed orgorp.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:01 PM   #231
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:41 PM
So Mnuchin refuses to release trumps tax returns. Is there anything that the republicans will not block in order to get to the bottom of why trump is such a criminal??

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/06/pol...www.cnn.com%2F

Seriously how can they protect someone who is so clearly guilty?
Old 05-06-2019, 06:15 PM   #232
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Is there something somebody can do to just bypass all the GOP's attempts to hide Trump's tax returns?
Old 05-06-2019, 06:20 PM   #233
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
the only thing that surprises me is that he'd have any interest in continuing to troll this place in such a low-key way. i can't fathom why, or what he gets out of it at this point, and that's why i was skeptical that it was actually him. but i'm not really surprised that it was indeed orgorp.

So he can make another post on r/The_Donald about how everyone's mean to him despite his thinly veiled concern trolling and bad faith 'arguments'.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #234
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Is there something somebody can do to just bypass all the GOP's attempts to hide Trump's tax returns?
A heroic leaker out there?!?
Old 05-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #235
Blue Crack Addict

It was obvious it was him.

Maybe he's back to hitting on his cousin.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:49 PM   #236
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Well, I only watched one part of one Biden event and he clearly said he was for a public option, or as some are calling it now, Medicare choice.

I'm not really sure which idea I prefer, I see pros and cons of both paths. I guess the biggest pro I see for public option is that it might have a chance in hell of passing.
The public option doesn't work. You have to kill private insurance. Healthcare can't be a right and a commodity. There's no middle ground here. It will never be sustainable until you get single payer. This isn't some litmus test thing. There's no fathomable way to make any of it work until private insurance is killed. Compromise doesn't win this, because you can't compromise with companies built to profit off suffering.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:54 PM   #237
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
The public option doesn't work. You have to kill private insurance. Healthcare can't be a right and a commodity. There's no middle ground here. It will never be sustainable until you get single payer. This isn't some litmus test thing. There's no fathomable way to make any of it work until private insurance is killed. Compromise doesn't win this, because you can't compromise with companies built to profit off suffering.

+1

x1000

Don’t understand how people don’t understand this. The concept of healthcare and health insurance working in parallel is invalid. Insurance can top off health care though in series.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:58 PM   #238
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
So Mnuchin refuses to release trumps tax returns. Is there anything that the republicans will not block in order to get to the bottom of why trump is such a criminal??

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/06/pol...www.cnn.com%2F

Seriously how can they protect someone who is so clearly guilty?
I am always befuddled by reactions like this. Of course they'll protect him. It's in their interests to do so. Trump is more brazen, rude, and stupid than anyone before him, but that's really the only way in which he's different than your average Republican. Anything to get money and power. What motive do they have to do anything but protect their own? Every Republican politician is an immoral bloodthirsty ghoul who wants nothing but money and power. Every single one. Understanding that makes their motivations very simple to understand and predict.

There is no greater sense of good here. "Have you at last no sense of decency sir?" is a line that would get you laughed out of a room. When has decency mattered one iota? If it ever really did, it was a very long time ago.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:06 AM   #239
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
I am always befuddled by reactions like this. Of course they'll protect him. It's in their interests to do so. Trump is more brazen, rude, and stupid than anyone before him, but that's really the only way in which he's different than your average Republican. Anything to get money and power. What motive do they have to do anything but protect their own? Every Republican politician is an immoral bloodthirsty ghoul who wants nothing but money and power. Every single one. Understanding that makes their motivations very simple to understand and predict.

There is no greater sense of good here. "Have you at last no sense of decency sir?" is a line that would get you laughed out of a room. When has decency mattered one iota? If it ever really did, it was a very long time ago.
I agree with you. Well, I guess my reaction was not of surprise, I mean it’s obvious they will protect trump at all costs. I guess my reaction comes more out of the frustration that this administration is getting away with murder and nothing seems to get done about it. The will to protect trump has done far more damage to the Republican Party than if they would have done the right thing at the beginning. Ie they should have dealt with him before they nominated him as I recall many republicans at the time were speaking against him. As soon as he got nominated they all coward and went back on their words like Paul Ryan.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:40 AM   #240
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
+1

x1000

Don’t understand how people don’t understand this. The concept of healthcare and health insurance working in parallel is invalid. Insurance can top off health care though in series.
This is easy (and I don't mean anyone in this room, alas)

People don't understand because the vast majority of the electorate, both young and old, are either stupid, don't care to actually research what's been said and accept sweeping generalities, or a combination of the two.