US Politics XIV: Vote for Pedro - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2019, 01:11 PM   #211
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:06 PM
WP: 370 federal prosecutors said Trump would be charged w obstruction if he wasn't in office.

There were 370 signers- including many Republicans. "They worked in every presidential administration since that of Dwight D. Eisenhower." Trump's obstruction of justice was and continues to be so blatant. Barr will rue the day he joined his team.

A joke about the "indicting a ham sandwich", then a reply about a particular type of ham sandwich.

Old 05-06-2019, 01:18 PM   #212
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
https://twitter.com/JerryFalwellJr/s...41332747460608

When you really think about it, this guy's a racist pile of shit who pretends to be about that gzus life, but is in actuality a sniveling pile of dog shit.
Yep.

Old 05-06-2019, 01:19 PM   #213
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
WP: 370 federal prosecutors said Trump would be charged w obstruction if he wasn't in office.

There were 370 signers- including many Republicans. "They worked in every presidential administration since that of Dwight D. Eisenhower." Trump's obstruction of justice was and continues to be so blatant. Barr will rue the day he joined his team.

A joke about the "indicting a ham sandwich", then a reply about a particular type of ham sandwich.

So is it still a witch hunt if Republicans sign off on that assessment too?
Old 05-06-2019, 01:21 PM   #214
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
So is it still a witch hunt if Republicans sign off on that assessment too?
Yeah because they're not Trumpists Republicans then!
Old 05-06-2019, 01:21 PM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I think he would challenge in court, which he’s been stacking in his favor.

Also all the important government/administrative positions are all full of his yes men and family
okay, so what do you think would happen if the democratic candidate wins the election and he decides to challenge it in court?
Old 05-06-2019, 01:26 PM   #216
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
even if he does say he's staying, so what? the secret service isn't the praetorian guard.
Oh, duh.
I've heard that term but don't know the actual reference (i did look it up ) All that came up for me as i read you post was related to South Africa apartheid because of Pretoria.

And let's hope that's so (Secret Service) should it come to that.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:33 PM   #217
Blue Crack Supplier

NEWSWEEK-

Former CIA and Department of Defense official Jeremy Bash argued on Monday that President Donald Trump’s foreign policy makes sense when you look at it through the lens of Russia’s international ambitions.

Bash, who served as the chief of staff of the DoD after serving as the chief of staff of the CIA under President Barack Obama, appeared on a segment of MSNBC’s Morning Joe to discuss Trump’s shifting foreign policy positions. He argued that Trump’s international policies appear to be impacted by Russian “leverage over him”

“I would say that the president actually is operating from a coherent perspective, in that he totally pushes away intelligence, he doesn’t listen to it, every instance as you go down the line, his foreign policy is one where Russia has leverage over him,” Bash alleged.

“It’s kind of inexplicable,” he continued. The former CIA official then laid out a series of foreign policy decisions made by the president that have appeared to be in Russia’s interest.

Old 05-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:06 PM
Anyone else shocked that Corey Booker and Castro both just reached the 65k donor mark?? Booker has been the biggest surprise to me on how poorly he is doing overall.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:54 PM   #219
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
Oooooops! My misperception.

I thought you were talking about the whole Democratic field of presidential candidates, not Biden specifically.
( if i'm going to expend my energy and limited wifi time i'd rather get what a person is saying as i post! )

Since you pointed out these potential problems (i say potential bc i haven't really listened to Biden that much yet to be able to talk about these particular issues) - will payer closer attention so i know more. And do my part to push him in a better direction when i determine the best time.
While I was talking specifically about Biden, I will say that I generally feel like all of them have similar problems. Medicare for All and the Green New Deal kind of need to be party standards. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to have a litmus test on things as basic as guaranteeing healthcare for all and actually taking the environment seriously with something comprehensive.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:59 PM   #220
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
While I was talking specifically about Biden, I will say that I generally feel like all of them have similar problems. Medicare for All and the Green New Deal kind of need to be party standards. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to have a litmus test on things as basic as guaranteeing healthcare for all and actually taking the environment seriously with something comprehensive.
Well, I only watched one part of one Biden event and he clearly said he was for a public option, or as some are calling it now, Medicare choice.

I'm not really sure which idea I prefer, I see pros and cons of both paths. I guess the biggest pro I see for public option is that it might have a chance in hell of passing.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:09 PM   #221
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:06 PM
I guess my question is...

...if Donny can't be charged because he's President, can he be arrested and charged the minute a new President is sworn in?
Old 05-06-2019, 02:12 PM   #222
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
okay, so what do you think would happen if the democratic candidate wins the election and he decides to challenge it in court?

I think it’ll go something like this

A dem wins, and he disputes the results. Filing lawsuit after suit. The senate will side with him and open investigation after another

The statement will be that the transition cannot occur until the results have been confirmed .... a billion times.

But honestly i have no idea what would happen since we’ve never had to even think about a President refusing to leave.

Or as his current line is, he’s owed two more years because of the witch hunt.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I think it’ll go something like this

A dem wins, and he disputes the results. Filing lawsuit after suit. The senate will side with him and open investigation after another

The statement will be that the transition cannot occur until the results have been confirmed .... a billion times.

But honestly i have no idea what would happen since we’ve never had to even think about a President refusing to leave.

Or as his current line is, he’s owed two more years because of the witch hunt.
The minute he tees off at Mar a Lago on Jan 21, 2021, they just change the locks on the White House and problem solved.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:55 PM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

I would have to think that even the most complacent Americans would get off their butts and in the streets if he started squatting in the WH past January 21, 2021.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:22 PM   #225
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
I guess my question is...

...if Donny can't be charged because he's President, can he be arrested and charged the minute a new President is sworn in?
Yes.