US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So four years. Mueller had recommended 14-25 years

He still has another court appearance next week in DC i believe.

And there are charges still to come from SDNY

But what a complete and utter joke of a justice system we have.

Don’t disagree. Anything said against Israel gets you into hot water

Will Dems still feel this way if rumors are true of Israel helping the trump campaign in 2016 (along with Russia and Saudi Arabia? ??
Anti-semitism is a huge issue. But criticizing Isreal's policies and the pro-Israel lobby IS NOT anti-semitic! What infuriates me is the lack of outrage at the horrible islamophobic poster in WV, instead the Dems further isolate Rep Omar.

Well, J Street - the Progressive Jewish group (lobbying? not sure)
is a recent group trying to push back against APAC and the plethora of right-wing jews that usually get heard way more than progressive ones in various media.

Yeah, tjnchk99, criticizing Israel is not, or shouldn't be treated as an automatic anti-semetic! Sheeesh!
In Israel itself there still are vigorous debates about policy, not usually seen here in the USA. Oh, yay, on Netanyahu being (about to be?)indicted

So the house has sent out 81 document requests for a range of shitheads around Trump.

In comparison, Ken Starr sent out 1100 subpoenas for the Clinton investigation.

Yet the "liberal" media is repeatedly saying - I think the Democrats are over-reaching here and giving Trump the argument that this really is a witch hunt!!

Jesus - the saying - With friends like these... has never been more apt.

Oooo, thanks wf for giving us KS's subpoena numbers! Gah, that thing went on and on and on and.....

New Quinnipiac Poll - 62% of Americans believe that Trump committed crimes before he was President. :lol:
:up:
The 38% is his base.
No joke. :sigh:

Ioffe is one of those awful Russian liberals (much like Garry fucking Kasparov) who seem to take pleasure in assigning themselves as one of the 'good' Russians to feed existing prejudices - and who turn out to be somewhat reactionary in reality. I've had personal experiences with Russians like these and they are not good folks.
Hey, Vlad, long time. Doing ok?

Things are a little different now. The myth of Trump the successful business tycoon who's going to eliminate corruption and drain the swamp is dead for everyone other than his hardcore supporters.

But there are certainly some who can swing back his way dependant upon who the Democratic candidate is
Oh, yeah, that balloon be busted! I always felt he was a sleazy guy.

Another good point.

I feel like there were A LOT of "on the fence" voters who didn't like Hillary, bought the whole "they're all the same" garbage, and cast a vote for Trump because he was something different.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I just can't see that "on the fence" vote breaking his way again - and his margin in the states that put him over the top was so thin that he can't possibly win reelection if the "on the fence" vote doesn't break his way.

I think it is not being naive to expect that at least some, maybe more will not buy into that again.

:|

crap

Last edited:
Here's most of an e-mail i got from J Street (progressive Jewish organization, recent that counterbalances APAC) you can see how they present themselves; particularly the underlined section.

It’s a resolution of which all in the House who supported it can be proud. Here at J Street, we’re proud to have worked hard throughout the week to support the lawmakers who crafted it.

When lawmakers first discussed introducing a new resolution condemning anti-Semitism, we agreed with and supported its sentiments.

The scourge of anti-Semitism is alive and growing in this country and around the world. We know that we must be ever-vigilant in the fight against it, and we know too well the real pain and suffering that it brings.

We also made clear to lawmakers our concern that the timing of the resolution could be seen as singling out and focusing special condemnation on a Muslim woman of color, Rep. Ilhan Omar -- implying that her insensitive comments somehow posed a greater threat than the torrent of hatred that the white nationalist right continues to level against Jews, Muslims, people of color and other vulnerable minorities.

We worried about playing into the hands of the president and his allies who weaponize the debate over anti-Semitism for political gain while themselves continuing to foment racism, intolerance and xenophobia. And we worried that a targeted resolution could chill the nuanced, honest and vital debate we need to have about what the US can and should do to promote a better future for Israelis and Palestinians.

nstead, something really positive happened. A wide range of House Democrats, presidential candidates and leaders from the Jewish and progressive communities concluded that, as part of the fight against anti-Semitism, Congress must also commit to speaking out on behalf of other vulnerable communities threatened by hatred and violence. They also emphasized that charges of anti-Semitism must not be weaponized to shut down legitimate debate over Israeli government policies.

As a voice for the pro-Israel, pro-peace majority of American Jews, J Street made clear that we stand together with Muslim-Americans and other vulnerable communities of color and faith that are subjected to discrimination and attacks on the basis of their religion, race or ethnicity. We refused to allow this controversy to be used as a tool to silence critics of Trump and Netanyahu’s destructive actions.

This week, I had the opportunity to share our message on MSNBC’s All In With Chris Hayes and the PBS Newshour. And on Monday morning, I’ll discuss them on NPR’s 1A program.

Now, moving forward, we’re calling on lawmakers to move past this controversy and to focus on substantive policy. How can the US promote a two-state solution to secure Israel’s future and bring an end to the occupation? How can we push back against settlement expansion and creeping annexation in the West Bank? How can we help undo the damage that has been done by President Trump’s disastrous cuts in aid to the Palestinian people?

As the 2020 primaries kick into full gear, we hope presidential contenders and congressional leaders will seek to answer these vital questions. Our movement will be doing all we can to encourage this debate during the months ahead -- and to help our nation’s leaders to find the right answers.

Thanks for all that you do,

Jeremy Ben-Ami

Well she is right that the Syrians are not the enemy of the United States. She’s just in too deep on explaining support for Assad himself.

I do think m her conscience was crystal clear through a transparent wall she had up. She doesn’t think we should be in Syria. Her view on Assad if dumb, but it’s a bit of a distortion to suggest she wouldn’t trust her IC. She clearly has a fundamental genuine differing in views on foreign policy, and identifies Assad as another Mubarak or Saddam or what have you.

any thoughts on Pete Buttigieg? Very intriguing, smart guy, that seems to have some deeper thoughts on policy than some. Looking forward to hearing more from him. I don't know a whole lot at the moment. But finally a candidate from a state that would be huge if it could be flipped.

any thoughts on Pete Buttigieg? Very intriguing, smart guy, that seems to have some deeper thoughts on policy than some. Looking forward to hearing more from him. I don't know a whole lot at the moment. But finally a candidate from a state that would be huge if it could be flipped.

he's pretty decent policy-wise but he probably has about as much chance as my arse hairs do of winning the nomination. hopefully he at least gets on the main debate stage and has a real chance to speak.

he's pretty decent policy-wise but he probably has about as much chance as my arse hairs do of winning the nomination. hopefully he at least gets on the main debate stage and has a real chance to speak.

Would be great to see more of him and I hope that he is able to get on the main stage since the Dems are going to do a random selection instead of poll based like the RNC.
He's polling around the same level of Klobuchar and Booker, and I think has more headroom to grow. If not this time, maybe we get the first gay president next time around.

Yes, realistically zero chance but he's really well-spoken in a down to earth sort of way and I think would do very well on the campaign trail and on TV. I'd rather hear from him than a number of the others truth be told.

You can use the Tweet embed function you know, Ally McBeal.

I love how the tweet identifies china’s government as “China’s communist government.”

Same, what are politics? We have a microparty here run by an eccentric which guy and he uses the same description to whip up a 'reds under the beds' frenzy - but in reality he's sour because his deals with them didn't work out.

So is this shaping up to be a really bad week for Bernie? Bernie's strongest constituencies are young progressives and white working class people.

Now it is 99% positive that Biden and Beto are getting in and making it clear today.

Biden I think has a much stronger, proven pull with white class working class, while simultaneously having strong numbers with African Americans and women.

Beto will absolutely split off a chunk of younger progressive voters.

Bernie obviously will continue to be at or near the top of the heap for a while, and has a great shot at the nomination. But this news can't be sitting well with him today I would think.

It is no secret that I am not a fan of Hillary Clinton, but Joe Biden is a significantly worse candidate than she is. His entire political career is a perfect example of how much "Democrats" love being right wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom