US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They weren't classified, or some shit, which is a violation of federal law, or some shit, and didn't smash devices with a hammer, or some shit, to destroy evidence.

Swing and a miss

I guess here's what I'm wondering: why does Ivanka have the opportunity to send e-mails, classified or not, to aides and Cabinet members in the White House in the first place? Why the hell does Trump's family in general have all these roles and connections in this administration that they clearly have no qualifications whatsoever for (I mean, hey, guess they're just following in Dad's footsteps, but still)?

You got an explanation for that one, or are you just going to deflect some more?

NY Times is reporting that Trump wanted to order the Justice Department to prosecute Hillary Clinton and James Comey. But he was warned that could lead to impeachment.

Hand written questions submitted to Mueller

giphy.gif

Now we have to have Chief Justice Roberts rebuking Trump's nonsense about the 9th circuit. When have you ever heard of the CJ of the SCOTUS publicly inserting himself into the political debate?

We're all worse to have had to live through this time.

Now he's predictably denying Global Warming since it's unseasonably cold in the northeast. No comment when we were melting in October?

I mean in fairness I don’t think a noticeably hotter October is a result of global warming just as neither is a noticeably colder November evidence against it.

Some orange guy sticking his finger in his mouth and testing the temperature outside knows nothing. But we all know nothing without ourselves being scientists. The old “97% of climate scientists” thing also is meaningless. I mean, argumentatively it’s not meaningless, but the point is the 100% of scientists contributing to that statistic each have their own scientific arguments or studies. There are no “beliefs” or “opinions,” just a debate of facts/results.

That leaves all of us who aren’t climate scientists three options; accept what climate scientists say, become climate scientists, or shut up.

This is what I told my mother, who vehemently “believes” in climate change but “believes” it’s happening anyways and humans are just making it worse. My mother is not a climate scientist or anything remotely close.

(I’m not telling you to shut up ani, just to be clear)

I mean in fairness I don’t think a noticeably hotter October is a result of global warming just as neither is a noticeably colder November evidence against it.

Yeah, I mean that's sort of the point that I thought I was making. That you can't look at some unseasonably warm/cold week or month and declare it as proof of any sort of climate change in the grand scheme of things.

He is just a simpleton, preaching to other simpletons.

I still think he knows better, doesn’t care, and does it on purpose.

I’ll give you that he thinks he’s more clever than he actually is, but I still bet he tells his biggest confidants ie his family that “that’s what these people want to hear.”

lmao at the notion that any potus is "leading the free world", much less this clown.

Hopefully with Trump we will have that notion of American exceptionalism meet its demise finally.

The "leader of the Free world" thing was always kind of bullshit anyways. The "most powerful person in the Free world" however used to be true. Being the most powerful Western nation doesn'tnt necessarily make you a leader.

That, however, is now dead.

We may still be the most powerful nation in theory, but Trump is a laughing stock and holds no respect on the global stage. They're all just waiting him out and making their own power plays to fill the void.

The most powerful nation on Earth is leaderless. And if we are leaderless, do we actually still hold power?

The irony of the group of voters who were moved consumed with Obama making us look weak actually electing someone who actually made us weak is, um, well, ironic.

At least he’s not launching endless wars. Remains coming back from North Korea. I’ll give him that as one good point.

At least he’s not launching endless wars. Remains coming back from North Korea. I’ll give him that as one good point.
Give me a break.

Drone strikes are up over those ordered by Obama - something Obama was criticized for

We're still in Afghanistan. We're still in Iraq.

Russia is getting more aggressive in Crimea - we'll do nothing.

We're using tear gas on children.

Journalists working for American newspapers are being murdered. We ignore.

Out elections are still actively under attack. We do nothing.

Hate crimes are skyrocketing.

The world is slipping down a dark path, and America is doing nothing to try and prevent the slide.

But yes... we haven't invaded anyone.

And hey, North Korea sent 55 boxes of remains (one identifiable) out of the approximately 5,300 remains that never came home. All we had to do was legitimize a brutal dictator in return.

So much winning I can't keep track.

Last edited:
And don't leave out that the economy, while currently is doing fine, is forecasting another recession in the future.

Probably just in time for a Democrat to take over in the White House so we can go through the same shit Obama did again.

Still better than what we currently have of course.

GM lays off close to 15,000 jobs and will close up to five plants.

Thanks Trump!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom