US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He irritates me more than all the others combined. Maybe because he has such a punchable face.

With all the new Russia info - what's the theory on McConnell? Is he just such a hyper partisan that he's willing to go down in flames with this dumpster fire eventually (so long as he got his tax cut and his judges and lorded over the Dems for years) or is he knee deep in Russian shit too?

Probably both

He irritates me more than all the others combined. Maybe because he has such a punchable face.

With all the new Russia info - what's the theory on McConnell? Is he just such a hyper partisan that he's willing to go down in flames with this dumpster fire eventually (so long as he got his tax cut and his judges and lorded over the Dems for years) or is he knee deep in Russian shit too?
There's the obvious - his wife is in Trump's cabinet.

Then there's the less obvious - the NRA and their connections to Russia, and how Russia used the NRA to more or less launder money into the 2016 election. (The Maria Butina side of this whole thing)

On that front, for McConnell, it's more of a what did he know and when did he know it thing vs an actively compromised thing. Same thing goes for Paul Ryan - who at the very least knew to get out of Dodge before the whole ship sinks.

Because of McConnell's wife, I'm not sure he's capable of jumping ship.

President Trump has gone to extraordinary lengths to conceal details of his conversations with Russian President Vladi*mir Putin, including on at least one occasion taking possession of the notes of his own interpreter and instructing the linguist not to discuss what had transpired with other administration officials, current and former U.S. officials said.

So for those who are as not idiots, yet still in denial that we are in a constant and unprecedented attack by foreign power...

What does it take? What do you need before it's obvious that this is something new and unheard of in our nation's history?

So for those who are as not idiots, yet still in denial that we are in a constant and unprecedented attack by foreign power...

What does it take? What do you need before it's obvious that this is something new and unheard of in our nation's history?

Every time I think we've hit rock bottom, a bear shits in the woods.

Vandalism in Joshua Tree National Park because of the shutdown

https://www.nationalparkstraveler.org/2019/01/joshua-tree-national-park-close-cleanup-repairs-vandalism-illegal-roads

Good. Here's hoping something comes of this:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lawyer-federal-workers-explains-theyre-suing-shutdown-162751204.html

Aggrieved federal workers are suing the U.S. government over the shutdown, arguing that working without pay is a violation of the constitution.

The lawsuit filed on Wednesday on behalf of five anonymous federal workers argues that President Donald Trump — as well as the heads of four agencies — are forcing them to work without pay in violation of the Thirteenth Amendment (which prohibits involuntary servitude).

The plaintiffs, who work for the Department of Justice, Departments of Transportation, Agriculture and Homeland Security, also claim that the government is violating the Fifth Amendment as well by prohibiting the taking on of outside jobs like driving for Uber.

There's also this:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/house-law...ubpoenaing-trumps-interpreters-230024881.html

Lawyers for the House Intelligence and Foreign Affairs committees will meet Monday to evaluate their legal options for subpoenaing the interpreters who were present when President Donald Trump spoke to Russian President Vladimir Putin without aides, ABC News has learned.

A senior Democratic aide on the House Foreign Affairs Committee said the Washington Post's new reporting that Trump seized notes from the interpreter at his meeting with Putin in Hamburg, "has changed the calculus."

"This raises a new host of questions," the aide told ABC News. "We're looking into the legal implications of that, and we'll discuss our options. Our lawyers are sitting down with intel committee lawyers to hash it out."

Sounds like Trump's about to have yet another bad week. Darn.

And this is why I try to avoid trumps twitter these days cos there are people like this who think trump is the best ever. Urg vomit...
Robbie Maguire
@MaguireRobbie
·
1m
Replying to
@realDonaldTrump
Not just the greatest American of all time.
But the Greatest Human to ever walk Gods Green Earth. ������������*♂️
#MAGA

Last edited:
So Steve King's being removed from committee posts over his recent comments. Would be better if he were just removed from office completely, but hey...

https://news.yahoo.com/dem-pushes-censure-rep-king-over-white-supremacy-202810337--politics.html

Choice quotes from that article:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell denounced King earlier Monday, saying, "There is no place in the Republican Party, the Congress or the country for an ideology of racial supremacy of any kind."

I fully agree, McConnell. You want to deliver that same message to the guy currently leading your party, as well as his supporters, then?

And on that note...

One Republican did not join the chorus of criticism. Asked about King's remarks Monday, President Donald Trump said, "I haven't been following it."

Of course he hasn't :|.

I can't handle the pictures of this McDonald's buffet. This is where I draw the line at believing thi is really happening.

Lmao that is rich. And you know it’s because he wanted a Big Mac.

Honestly that’s probably the most human thing about him.

There is a person whose job it was to pile all the dipping sauce containers in the bowls. That’s a thing.

I can't handle the pictures of this McDonald's buffet. This is where I draw the line at believing thi is really happening.

It’s disgusting! Not because I have an inherent bias against fast food but if it’s sitting around and you’re eating it room temp or cold and that cheese has started to congeal, no no no. Gross as it gets.

It's cheap, pathetic, gross. So many little problems all stacked up. Some people also pointed out most of that stuff is currently on McDonald's 2 for 5 menu. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom