US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean they made an error and corrected it, and didnt double-down and continue to lie and call everyone else liars and rage tweet about it?

Does that qualify as “fake news”? I’m sure they knowingly tried to get away with it until someone brace called them out and, boom! No one messes with the Trump and the truth!

They did what too many these days do.....they run with a story that fits their bias/narrative, then others like CNN pick it up, run with it, then several hours later say "oops, my bad, we're wrong."

I only mention it here because rarely does anyone correct themselves if they post something that ends up being wrong. That's the definition of fake news, because the retractions usually have far less reach than the "lie that becomes the truth."

CNN has reported that Trump has been invited to President Bush's funeral. Don't know if that's fake news.. doubt it. The reporter knows the Bush family well-Jamie Gengel sp?

I hope Trump can refrain from his standard drunk uncle behavior during the funeral. Hope to God he's not speaking.

They did what too many these days do.....they run with a story that fits their bias/narrative, then others like CNN pick it up, run with it, then several hours later say "oops, my bad, we're wrong."

I only mention it here because rarely does anyone correct themselves if they post something that ends up being wrong. That's the definition of fake news, because the retractions usually have far less reach than the "lie that becomes the truth."

You realize you go on the offensive and refuse to go on the defensive. Instead, you just pretend like you’ve got nothing to defend.

God forbid they corrected their news.

That’s exactly not what happens, but that’s what you’ve been conditioned to think happens.

The definition of Fake News is what you see on Fox everyday. Serious news outlets—ones that employ skilled, trained journalists, engage in relentless fact checking, have multiple, better sources—still make mistakes like anyone else. Such is the nature of the news. NPR is among the least sensational, most responsible news outlets available. But they aren’t perfect and make mistakes and retract them when necessary.

It’s unfortunate that people such as yourselves have begun to think that they are all the same — that there’s no difference between Sean Hannity and NPR, that everyone is biased and trying to get away with something. But that’s how an individual like Trump fools people such as yourself — he convinces you of this nihilistic outlook where there’s no such thing as truth, so believe him.

I’m glad gzusfrk is so concerned about fake news. I’m sure he’ll be here daily correcting Trump and Fox News vigorously.

It’s not a fair game.

Foxnews, the GOP, and Trump never apologize or admit their wrong. Especially GOP/Trump

So when other news organizations or democrats or just any decent human being admits a mistake, the Right pounce on them.

Even when Trump is gone, i fear of the post fact world he helped become the reality

Question. When Trump dies of old age someday, will he still receive a funeral like other former presidents if he dies while in prison?

Too early.

Nothing moves that fast, and if the first thing they do after taking over is go immediately into articles of impeachment it'll play into his hands.

The only way we're talking impeachment by February is if the full Mueller report is released, and/or something else that happens, and it is so egregious and/or clean cut that he's guilty that even the Republicans turn on him.

This is a man who's political career should have been over forever dozens upon dozens of times, yet here he still is. This will not be easy.

Case in point - another bill to protect the special counsel was blocked on the Senate floor today, despite today's news.

Unfortunately yeah, I agree.

should they even bother to impeach him though?

or just render him as impotent as possible and then have all this ammo to campaign against him in 2020, rather than pence or some other establishment republican? obviously they can't remove him from office with a republican senate but it doesn't seem to me like the symbolic house vote is even worth the constitutional turmoil.
they still should. He could still do some thing(s) that would be
horrifying. Like more wars. Or the War.

I don’t think that he’ll ever be impeached, not with this Senate so it’s a bit pointless. Even if he is technically guilty, they all wear him around their necks like an anvil and their idiot constituents at home think that this is all fake news and a made up witch hunt. The most we can hope for is that a couple of people mount an actual primary challenge to him (and not somebody like Flake who would her killed on day 1), enough to keep the Cheeto busy and distracted through most of 2020 and further alienate country club conservatives.
:sigh:

The GOP must also be looking at the 8-9 point popular vote loss from the midterms. That has to be scary. I could see House Republicans turning on him much faster than the Senate Republicans, who benefit from the over representation of rural, white states.

Then again, the House has probably just been purged of all vulnerable republicans, so maybe not ...
Yeah, there's that. More :sigh: s

“You give me America, I buy your expensive, ugly apartment.”
DA!

And these are the world "leaders" who decide our fate. Bunch of criminals.
Pretty damn awful, it is! :sad:

Goodbye, Bush 1.

I’ll remember him as the man who was President when I started to pay attention to politics as a middle schooler. He was also the end of the moderate, New England-style Republicanism that no longer exists, ending with his son’s Christofascism and now totally dead with Trump’s ethnofascism.

You could look at his years as a time of what now looks like reasonable bipartisanship and governance. And he was a legit WW2 hero. However, while people think Palin was the first glimpse of Trump, really, it was dipshit Quayle who was the precursor to idiot, know-nothing conservatism that has now taken hold of the party.
This is true AND he started the First Iraq War. If which I was down in DC protesting.

You mean they made an error and corrected it, and didnt double-down and continue to lie and call everyone else liars and rage tweet about it?

Does that qualify as “fake news”? I’m sure they knowingly tried to get away with it until someone brace called them out and, boom! No one messes with the Trump and the truth!
Dat's riiiiight!

I’m glad gzusfrk is so concerned about fake news. I’m sure he’ll be here daily correcting Trump and Fox News vigorously.
Riiiiight...

It’s not a fair game.

Foxnews, the GOP, and Trump never apologize or admit their wrong. Especially GOP/Trump

So when other news organizations or democrats or just any decent human being admits a mistake, the Right pounce on them.

Even when Trump is gone, i fear of the post fact world he helped become the reality
Ding. :(

Otho, maybe some of the "post fact" distrust will dimnish!

Last edited:
Even better, we should remember that Mike Pence created an HIV epidemic in Indiana in the 2010s.

Bush was certainly no saint but compared to trump and even bush 43 he was a much more decent president. It was all downhill as far as republican presidents go after bush 41. And if this trend continues I would really hate to see who the republicans come up with after trump.

Last edited:
Trump overheard saying get me out of here at the summit. Funny, that's what we're saying too

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-g20-video-watch-stage-hot-mic-mauricio-macri-summit-argentina-buenos-aires-a8663486.html

Ugh what a half-wit scumtard.

Yes he is smart in the way of a com mam, but such a half-wit in his incuriousness, so narcissistic he barely has room in his brain for certain curtesies, and plain procedures of being a president. Ugh.

Two great SNL trump sketches from last night. :lol:

Maybe he will just resign and complain that he tried to give his time and expertise to American but the fake news media and that meanie Mueller wouldn’t let him. Boo-hoo.

Better than releasing his tax returns.

I think he nukes a country

Or

He does what he’s always done with his business ventures, jump ship and stick us with the bill

If Trump doesn't stop committing crimes over twitter, then does that mean Mueller can never finish his report?????

Maybe that's the strategy

So Bruce Springsteen says there is no "obvious" Democrat who can beat Trump in 2020.

Is he going to run? Ha! I have said it will have to be Oprah or Springsteen, totally jokingly.

Turned on the TV to see coverage of the upcoming Bush funeral. Everyone in the media is just flabbergasted at how "dignified" Bush was and how important dignity was to him. Well, it's actually important to all of us who have a modicum of class and culture. It's just the orange atrocity in the White House who has no sense of decorum, propriety, gentility or kindness. Now we've become conditioned to behaviour on the level of feral toddler cats. It's not normal. And the Trump supporters should at a minimum have some sense of shame about this. But not even that can be expected of them, and much less of him.

The resulting Twitter war between Eric Trump and Conway is pretty A+. The Trumps are all congenitally stupid.

Just wanted to announce that I've decided against running for president in 2020, as it appears making that announcement is something that horribly unqualified people for the job are doing these days.

I didn’t think that “Make Headaches Great Again” worked well but I didn’t want to hurt your feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom