US Politics VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, no. Actually, Kanye West's misogyny has been a feature of this story about his Trump love. Including in this thread.

Which is the "because reasons" I brought it up. So, once again, I'm afraid you don't "got it".

Why don't you bring in Cobbler for backup on this one?

lol patronizing condescension combined with an unprovoked swipe at a member who isn't here and hasn't even been a part of this conversation at all. nick always keeps it classy :up:

lol patronizing condescension combined with an unprovoked swipe at a member who isn't here and hasn't even been a part of this conversation at all. nick always keeps it classy :up:

Mate, here are the people I brought up in my original post:

Donald Trump
Hillary Clinton
Kanye West
Neville Longbottom
Albus Dumbledore
Roseanne Barr

Notice nowhere on that list is “DaveC”. But you decided to take umbrage on behalf of unnamed misogynistic rappers (#notallrappers) and make it personal, Again. Then you suggested it's racist to bring it up. Everyone knows misogyny has historically been a problem in rap music. That doesn’t mean it hasn’t been a problem in other forms of music, but since it’s Kanye West we’re talking about, brining up misogyny in metal really didn’t seem relevant.

That’s how these threads go off the rails. People taking crap that has nothing to do with them personally.

Oh, and that wasn't a "swipe" at Cobbler. He seems to know more about rap and hip hop than anyone else on this forum (at least as far as I've seen), which is why I suggested he might be able to help you out.

Last edited:
i don't have any more desire to waste effort on this conversation so feel free to carry on shitting on a mentally ill black man for expressing political views you don't agree with.

Um...what? Stop lying. Here's what I said about West:

While it would be a struggle for me to choose between Trump and Kanye West on who I have less use for, I do admire West for having the courage to say what he believes is right in face of almost the entire entertainment industry, to say nothing of the back community. It takes courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more courage to stand up to your friends. Dumbledore gave Gryffindor ten house points when Neville Longbotton did that.

He's staking out an unpopular position no matter what the people around him are saying, and I respect that (even if I disagree with him).

Where is the "shitting on a mentally ill black man"? I've actually been quite complimentary of West in this thread.

Stop lying. And stop diagnosing people you don't know as mentally ill.

Last edited:
Um...what? Stop lying. Here's what I said about West:

Where is the "shitting on a mentally ill black man"? I've actually been quite complimentary of West in this thread.

Stop lying. And stop diagnosing people you don't know as mentally ill.

He’s spoken very openly about being mentally ill.

Well if there is a silver lining to my situation, ie having my condo completely flooded with about two inches of shit cos some moron dumped cat litter in their toilet, is that I’ve had no time to know what the bafoon trump admin is up to! Although I’m living in hotels now, it’s kina refreshing not being up to date on the trump shit show!

Oh, dude! :ohmy: Your new home! :(

Hope it will be properly cleaned up!

He suffers from depression like millions of other people.

So that whole song and dance about being your first was all just another Nick lie? I’m so hurt. You said I was the first on your ignore list. How many others have you fed that line?!

BTW he’s manic, he’s talked about it, he was hospitalized for it. Not like millions of other people.

kim jong un and the president of south korea are meeting for a summit today. kim is the first north korean leader to cross the border into the south ever. it's been pretty interesting following the feed, and the news all seems pretty optimistic.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...repare-for-historic-inter-korean-meeting-live

i'm still skeptical that the outcome is going to be as wonderful as some are saying, but it's unquestionably positive that they're shaking hands with a smile and crossing the border back and forth and talking to each other face to face, and it feels like the first really encouraging thing to happen in this story for quite a while.

So that whole song and dance about being your first was all just another Nick lie? I’m so hurt. You said I was the first on your ignore list. How many others have you fed that line.

Oh, make no mistake, you’re still on ignore. But sadly if you’ve made the most recent comment in a thread, the app doesn’t hide it in the preview. And if you reply to one of my comments I can unhide your reply. Otherwise my Interference experience is blissfully BVS free. Sorry. [emoji853]

And there’s still just two of you.[emoji16]

Last edited:
kim jong un and the president of south korea are meeting for a summit today. kim is the first north korean leader to cross the border into the south ever. it's been pretty interesting following the feed, and the news all seems pretty optimistic.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...repare-for-historic-inter-korean-meeting-live

i'm still skeptical that the outcome is going to be as wonderful as some are saying, but it's unquestionably positive that they're shaking hands with a smile and crossing the border back and forth and talking to each other face to face, and it feels like the first really encouraging thing to happen in this story for quite a while.
War over.

Wow

War over.

Wow

Trump is an unstable genius!!!!!

Of course he could still fuck all of this up with his summit next week.

The optics for this are very good. I think credit really goes to South Korea and China, with maybe a little bit of credit to the threat of war from Mr Orange. I think China and SK both realize they aren’t dealing with a stable USA at the moment and would rather kick the can down the road

No way does Kim give up nuclear weapons. Despite the talk of shutting down, i have to wonder if they’ve made enough progress that their concessions don’t really matter.

This is promising but we’ve also seen NK step back before. What’s different is the obvious, stepping into SK and declaring war is over.

Good job out of those countries to at least try for peace through diplomacy

I think it's telling that the North and South came to this agreement without US involvement - but I also think that Trump did help bring about this with his bravado, in that Kim might have actually thought that he's crazy enough to actually do something.

kim doesn't care about threats from trump.

he cares about threats from xi.

that's why this has changed so rapidly.

Last edited:
Last edited:
f7hpys4ajiu01.jpg

:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom