US Politics V - now with 20% more echo chamber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the orthodox church? the assyrian church? the ethiopian church? the indian churches founded by st. thomas? all of those have been around *much* longer than "western" christianity.

i am really not a fan of having my posts secretly ninja-edited on my behalf like this without my knowledge or any sort of explanation, mods.

edit: now that i am on mobile i can see the explanation. sure, it was a personal attack. i meant for it to be. i *want* him (and other racists) to feel attacked. i am not the least bit sorry for it and i fully intend to do it again and again every time he posts this racist white power shit. im so fucking tired of reading this crap here. it's very concerning that my post was rapidly edited out while the blatantly racist content of his post has been left completely untouched. it gives the impression that the mod team is more concerned with protecting the feelings of hateful racists from being hurt than with doing anything about the actual racist content that's being posted. he's proven time and again that he's not coming from a place of benign ignorance or that he's willing to engage honestly and question his own beliefs if he's educated on the points where he's wrong. he has in fact openly mocked me (using more plainly racist nonsense) several times for attempting to do just that, without any consequences. so if the intention here is that this is going to become a safe space for racists to say racist shit and have their feelings and beliefs be protected from attack, then please say so, because i want fuck all to do with this place anymore if that's what's happening here.

Last edited:
the orthodox church? the assyrian church? the ethiopian church? the indian churches founded by st. thomas? all of those have been around *much* longer than "western" christianity.

Not to mention most of its central practices and theologies were born in Egypt and North Africa.

He’s got some serious health issues.

His slurring of speech the other day was not a slip.

The stress of the office can break even the most healthy of minds

Hillary Clinton fainted and I thought it was dramatic and lame that it was some serious talking point about her suitability for office.

Let's not stoop to that level. If Trump comes out incapable of completing sentences at the fifth grade level (his current standard) and otherwise losing motor skills, we can worry.

For fucks sake, Dave, in thread is not the place for this.

However, I feel I need to respond to one thing and be extremely clear. Your insinuation that this place and the mods are more concerned with protecting the feelings of racists is absurd and incredibly insulting, not to mention so obviously wrong I’m amazed you had the gall to say it. Have you developed amnesia, or are you actually ignorant of the history of people who’ve been tossed out of this place, especially in the last year?

Giving aid and comfort to racists, that’s totally my m.o.

[insert biggest eye roll emoticon ever]

Last edited:
For fucks sake, Dave, in thread is not the place for this.

However, I feel I need to respond to one thing and be extremely clear. Your insinuation that this place and the mods are more concerned with protecting the feelings of racists is absurd and incredibly insulting, not to mention so obviously wrong I’m amazed you had the gall to say it. Have you developed amnesia, or are you actually ignorant of the history of people who’ve been tossed out of this place, especially in the last year?

Giving aid and comfort to racists, that’s totally my m.o.

[insert biggest eye roll emoticon ever]

About a year ago you gave me a three-day ban for calling a fascist and his fascistic mates fascists, and didn't even bother to give me a warning or an explanation. I had to message another mod outside of Interference to find out why on earth I was banned! And then, of course, that fascist and his most prominent lackey later got banned for their fascism, making my ban look rather silly.

So I empathise with Dave's complaint, and it's why I almost never post in FYM any more.

PS "offense" is the mis-spelling, clerks.

About a year ago you gave me a three-day ban for calling a fascist and his fascistic mates fascists

I don't know if I would have banned Axver the U2 fan for using fascist.

But Axver the historian should absolutely have been banned for contributing to the current fad of misusing and abusing the term! :wink:

Last edited:
And while this is going on, Trump is attacking the media about the number of hours of TV he watches a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom