US Politics V - now with 20% more echo chamber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight really couldn't have ended badly for democrats.

Plus my Panthers are winning.

Plus my Dolphins/Foxes/Panthers/Heat all won over the last few days.

You know who hasn't been winning? Orange Donnie.

npr has already called it, yet abc is saying "jones takes the lead." lol yes it's called winning an election.

It's the Florida 2000 effect. When it's this close, networks are afraid of calling it and then having to take it back later.

So glad it looks like Jones is going to win!

same. i was legit about to refuse to ever set foot in that state again which would've been kinda awkward. but hey you gotta stand for something

Indeed! If Roy won, I was thinking I wouldn’t visit for as long as he was senetor. Not that it matters to no one if I visit Alabama or not but it’s the principle. But I am so happy that the people made the right choice. If I decide to make a trip there one day, I’ll send you a few lines for recommendations of places to see :)

i bet the moore team is reeeeeeally regretting getting that court order to destroy the voting records to prevent challenges and recounts.

that's where i lived (and he's from) actually. it is cool.

that being said i'm more than happy to eat my words and say how great it is that jones won. i've hated moore since i moved there and attended a protest when he blocked marriage licenses from being issued, after the state allowed marriage for all. the big baby.

I remember first hearing about Moore on some website I used to frequent about ten plus years ago. A guy used to write little essays ranting against him and all the bullshit he spouted and tried to pull over the years.

i hate how close it was (~10k votes, geez) but hey, he won. that's really what matters.

Agreed.

i bet the moore team is reeeeeeally regretting getting that court order to destroy the voting records to prevent challenges and recounts.

:giggle:

Plus my Dolphins/Foxes/Panthers/Heat all won over the last few days.

My mom's a Dolphins fan, too :). She was especially happy that they beat the Patriots.

the_donald says no worries! doug jones is without a shadow of a doubt also a pedophile rapist (just look at him) and it's only a matter of a few weeks at most before it comes out (he's already scheduled a reservation at comet ping pong his first day in DC) and the democrats force him to resign like franken; there will be another election in alabama and they'll get another #MAGA republican elected. easy peasy!

Last edited:
My guess is we will see a very large number of Republicans in Congress announcing their retirements in 2018. It’s going to tell us what the level of panic is.

They’re saying that this election shows that Alabamians rejected Harvey Weinstein.

...what?

My guess is we will see a very large number of Republicans in Congress announcing their retirements in 2018. It’s going to tell us what the level of panic is.

If that happens, can Steve King and Chuck Grassley from my state be on that list?

they're singing hymns at roy moore's campaign HQ. "great is thy faithfulness", followed by "how great thou art".

i hope they play acrobat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom