US Politics IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, as a rule, anytime the first place a “noob” posts is in FYM, it’s kind of a giveaway. Only posting in FYM, and using an offensive right wing meme as a username doesn’t help, either.

Yeah, as a rule, anytime the first place a “noob” posts is in FYM, it’s kind of a giveaway. Only posting in FYM, and using an offensive right wing meme as a username doesn’t help, either.

it's so low effort though, can we keep it around for the laffs until it gets tired?

it's so low effort though, can we keep it around for the laffs until it gets tired?
Agreed. It's like bananas FYM-styles.

Also, would someone mind explaining what happened to oregeoropia? He was here, then he wasn't, and I missed whatever made that happen...

In case people don’t know, LGBBQ is a reference to the electric shocks gay children were sometimes given in the past during the course of some versions of conversion therapy. And Mike Pence once supported the use of federal funds for conversion therapy.

Hence, Pence wants to fry up some gay at his LGBBQ.

I'm sure some "fine people" could still use that as their username though.

In case people don’t know, LGBBQ is a reference to the electric shocks gay children were sometimes given in the past during the course of some versions of conversion therapy. And Mike Pence once supported the use of federal funds for conversion therapy.

Hence, Pence wants to fry up some gay at his LGBBQ.

Ah fuck. I mean, trolls are gonna troll, but the fact people make light of shit like that is pretty sad. So much progress as a species, evolution, medicine etc, and we're still fucking assholes.

That’s who I assume this Pence person or Oregropa / whatever his handle was, are when they post.

Mormonism is an extremely strange religion imo, but props to them for being the only religious group to massively oppose Trump. And now they also have J. Flake.

Mormonism is an extremely strange religion imo, but props to them for being the only religious group to massively oppose Trump. And now they also have J. Flake.

I live around a lot of LDS. Grew up in northern Arizona, and the closer you get to Utah, the closer you get to the heart of LDS. My closest friend from school is LDS...active, though he wasn't always. He and his wife were at both the Tempe $5 show (not together) and the Glendale 360 and JT show. Sitting next to athiests and Catholics and others..

They are just like any other religion...some kooks, some chill people, a lot of misunderstanding, and a fair amount of bad shit. All religion requires guessing, believing in some crazy stuff, and those with weak minds will use it to subjugate others. Religious assholes just announce their asshole intent more clearly.

Mormons, Catholics, Muslims...they all get a bad rap and are sometimes as bad as the rap they get. But LDS/Mormon is just more exotic to people not from the southwest US.

I didn’t know this, but it makes sense of the recent anti-Mormon rants of a certain “libertarian”.

DNDWGbtWAAAtEo3.jpg

Yes, Mormonism is a strange religion.

Religions with talking burning bushes, virgin births and zombies awaking from the dead are perfectly normal, though.

I was literally having this conversation with my Hindu friend today.

Mormonism is only exceptional to other religions in that it's so young. You can trace the history to near modern times. Give it 300 years. Magic underwear will be sacred tradition.

I live around a lot of LDS. Grew up in northern Arizona, and the closer you get to Utah, the closer you get to the heart of LDS. My closest friend from school is LDS...active, though he wasn't always. He and his wife were at both the Tempe $5 show (not together) and the Glendale 360 and JT show. Sitting next to athiests and Catholics and others..

They are just like any other religion...some kooks, some chill people, a lot of misunderstanding, and a fair amount of bad shit. All religion requires guessing, believing in some crazy stuff, and those with weak minds will use it to subjugate others. Religious assholes just announce their asshole intent more clearly.

Mormons, Catholics, Muslims...they all get a bad rap and are sometimes as bad as the rap they get. But LDS/Mormon is just more exotic to people not from the southwest US.

the fact that they send their kids to roam the streets rain or shine with the Book of Mormon at their side, looking to convert one household at a time, is enough for me to be skeptical.

That, and they aren't allowed to drink*. I don't trust people who don't take a drink.

*Jack Mormons excluded.

First charges filed!

Won’t know till next week.

Do we really think Trump and sons will also have charges against him?

First charges filed!

Won’t know till next week.

Do we really think Trump and sons will also have charges against him?
Trump? Not yet. I believe Congress would have to be involved. Feel free to correct me, people who paid closer attention in government classes.

Manafort? Flynn? Absolutely.

Kushner and Don Jr? Maybe, but probably not in round one.

I agree it’s Manafort. Possibly Flynn.

If Trump is found to have committed a crime would it still take congress to remove him ? Guess so

And I find it hilarious reading comments about how this COULD be Hillary that’s in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom