US Politics IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s such a better day today. A friend of mine posted this:

“Dear right wing. You came for our relationships and the backlash led to marriage. You came for our trans brothers and sisters and we elected 7 of them to office in an off year. Come for what next? We will beat you there too.”
My post got cut off (battery) yesterday.

Anyway, congrats! Great post from your friend.

And up here a Sikh became a Mayor in a New Jersey town despite horrid ads against him! :applaud:

Moonlit
Well said.

Yeah, the racism and homophobic comments... :|

Some people (in the working to middle class) identify with the rich (hoping to be so themselves)- so they sure as hell don't want to identify w the poor.

Sure, I'd love to make it back to upper-middle class, it'd be great if I could make it to millionairehood (even more $$$ to enjoy myself, and w people I care about, plus more to give away to people, places, in need! Since I absorbed the golden rule pretty well- I had no problem being concerned about poor people when I was middle class.

And there are those who recognize that in themselves (and can range in terms of amount, intensity, triggers etc) that work on themselves to diminish or get rid of it completely. Plus self-education on other peoples lives are, so they can better recognize aspects, and situations where racism can occur.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...0_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.dc8a53f2fa2b

Why am I not surprised that a GOP senate nominee who said homosexuality was evil had relationships with underage girls?

Because don't you know that today's GOP is all about hypocrisy? They scream and shout about what a bad Christian you are if you are attracted to someone of the same sex, until they themselves get caught in something that is actually disgusting like sexual assoult and child molestation. But no they are GREAT Christians! Please excuse me while I go vomit! The GOP is truly fucked up. I hope that Tuesday's results are an indication of what's to come in the 2018 midterm elections.

WSJ: Flynn & Son met with Turkish government officials over $15 kidnapping and rendition plot... during transition.

Flynn's would have kidnapped Turkish cleric from US and flew him to island where Turkey would take custody, in exchange for a large cash payment.

This would be after election, before Flynn's firing, and most importantly, before Trump asked Comey to drop investigation because "Flynn's a nice guy"

Last edited:
WSJ: Flynn & Son met with Turkish government officials over $15 kidnapping and rendition plot... during transition.

Flynn's would have kidnapped Turkish cleric from US and flew him to island where Turkey would take custody, in exchange for a large cash payment.

This would be after election, before Flynn's firing, and most importantly, before Trump asked Comey to drop investigation because "Flynn's a nice guy"

Maybe if they offered him more than $15, he would've done it, too.

:wink:

Flynn's son is dumb as a rock and arrogant to boot. Definitely the weak link here.

I thought this was kind of an April Fools post, to flush out the gullible perhaps. I really did.
So I read the paper. I'm mystified that the world has become such a poorly written political disaster movie. Am I Truman? Is this all even real?

Ooooohhhh someone's in troubbbblleeee. Someone's going to priiiiiiisssoooonnn
:giggle: this should come w a dedicated audio button so we could hear it in a sing-songy voice

I thought this was kind of an April Fools post, to flush out the gullible perhaps. I really did.
So I read the paper. I'm mystified that the world has become such a poorly written political disaster movie. Am I Truman? Is this all even real?
all too real, kl

I haven't much about Flynn's son. Guess I'll have to keep an ear up.
But i 've heard about the man Ertegan wants brought back to Turkey

Flynn not the big story

Why did TP step down after the initial indictments?

Is DB trying to get out ahead of what's to come and salvage her party. Create distance between the party and HRC

*RM works for DJT*

Flynn not the big story

Why did TP step down after the initial indictments?

Is DB trying to get out ahead of what's to come and salvage her party. Create distance between the party and HRC

*RM works for DJT*

This is what Hannity, Breitbart, your alter, and Trump would like you to believe.

Don’t look here, look over there Hillary tampering uranium email benghazi.

Do you really want posters who create alters named lbgtbbq in here? Do you really think these are folks that want to engage in conversation?

Yeah that one was just a troll. I actually got a lot out of hearing Oregoropa's observations, and others with similar views. I never saw anything abusive etc from him.
It's different for me, being so removed geographically and politically. As much as I genuinely care about the state of the US and its politics, it is naturally a little less personal for me. So I accept I would react differently to those like yourself who watched the election result in horror, knowing it would genuinely change the life of yourself and/or those you care about.

I never saw whatever altercation led to Oregoropa's banning. Not sure what happened to AEON either - again I enjoyed his perspective if for nothing else it educated me a little as to how others think.

Did any one thing happen with AEON? Or was it just enough Nazi sympathizing is enough?

Also, this nonsense where Trump supporters smash their keurigs because keurig pulled their ads from during Hannity’s show is pretty hilarious. They’re all gonna be so mad come tomorrow morning when they can no longer make coffee.

I never saw whatever altercation led to Oregoropa's banning. Not sure what happened to AEON either - again I enjoyed his perspective if for nothing else it educated me a little as to how others think.

Not sure what you find so fascinating/enjoyable about a fascist sympathising perspective.

Not sure what you find so fascinating/enjoyable about a fascist sympathising perspective.

Why so defensive Vlad? The "fascist sympathising perspective" encompasses tens of millions of people in the US, more around the rest of the world. None of whom I know personally. You think it's healthier for me or anyone else to not understand the alternative view, however much I might dislike/disagree with it?
Are they all horrible people? Are they all child abusers, or sadists, or rascists, or homophobes? Yes there are some fucked up views, as I see it. Some truly are despicable. Most, I suspect, are decent people who would be as human and compassionate to me or my family in a moment of need as any democrat.
Perhaps you could enlighten me with the benefits of living in an echo chamber?

There's really no defensiveness in my post. Oreganoropa was found on Reddit and it demonstrated that he had blatant far-right views - whilst crying about how this board is largely liberal leaning. Others can effectively elaborate more on this. AEON, added very little to the discourse other than making excuses for fascists and refusing to condemn them in any real way. We can see these views all over the internet, what is the value of having them here? That some of us don't want this shit here does not suggest we're living in some 'echo chamber', I don't see eye to eye with many of the folks here but the discussion is much more worthwhile when there is unanimous agreement on basic points (general anti-racism/sexism etc. pro-LGBT rights) - instead of wasting time with someone who simply won't denounce fascism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom