US Politics III - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2017, 12:13 PM   #91
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post

Is it not a fact that legal and illegal immigration add to the supply of available labor? This makes labor cheaper - and it also has a terrible impact on the black working class communities. And is it not also true - that since 1965 - these areas are almost entirely run by Democrats?

Why do you think they effect black working class communities over other communities?

Old 08-27-2017, 12:31 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Why do you think they effect black working class communities over other communities?
Because in the 1900s, they started moving out of the South to the areas with the jobs. Over time, had they not been undercut by mass immigration (and then mass globalization and the outsourcing of the few jobs left), these communities might be thriving today (or, at a minimum, not be the economic disasters they are today). It seems that the black working class was never given the chance to rise to the middle class because their communities were squashed by unemployment and underemployment (caused by mass immigration and then globalization - both strongly encouraged by Democrats. Again - they are the party that provides cheap labor for their donors and their own pockets)

Old 08-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #93
War Child

Local Time: 12:49 AM
I was not afraid
Of anything in this world,
There was nothing you could've thrown at me
That I hadn't already heard

But this is really worse
Than when it was raining toads
Now in the fucking White House
An orange madman has the codes

I never thought that she could lose
But the college had us screwed
She didn't campaign enough
And the emails were very rough
Plus smart people don't vote now, it's crazy

We've got to move to Canada now
Or we're stuck with a moron that we can't get rid of
Who knows, maybe Mexico'll be better
Cause we're stuck with a moron that we can't get rid of.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:11 PM   #94
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Because in the 1900s, they started moving out of the South to the areas with the jobs. Over time, had they not been undercut by mass immigration (and then mass globalization and the outsourcing of the few jobs left), these communities might be thriving today (or, at a minimum, not be the economic disasters they are today). It seems that the black working class was never given the chance to rise to the middle class because their communities were squashed by unemployment and underemployment (caused by mass immigration and then globalization - both strongly encouraged by Democrats. Again - they are the party that provides cheap labor for their donors and their own pockets)

Reagan and Thatcher were two of the biggest pioneers of globalization.

Do you also remember that we had segregation going on during that time period? Whoops, slipped my mind, it's the damn democrats.

I live in a market that is Democrat ran, 65% Hispanic, very much driven by immigration labor, and is one of the fastest growing markets in the country.

But I know, pesky facts.

I am not a democrat, and personally don't understand party loyalists, but this picture you're painting is utterly ridiculous.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:21 PM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Reagan and Thatcher were two of the biggest pioneers of globalization. .
And there are those who think that was a mistake. I don't think the Democrats are too upset about that...

Quote:
Do you also remember that we had segregation going on during that time period? Whoops, slipped my mind, it's the damn democrats..
And taking away their jobs and giving them to recent immigrants would help that situation?

Quote:
I live in a market that is Democrat ran, 65% Hispanic, very much driven by immigration labor, and is one of the fastest growing markets in the country. .
I'm not sure what you are trying to assert here? On face value, it seems you are suggesting that under Democratic rule - Hispanic immigrants are capable of doing something black citizens are not.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:24 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIS View Post

We've got to move to Canada now
Or we're stuck with a moron that we can't get rid of
Who knows, maybe Mexico'll be better
Cause we're stuck with a moron that we can't get rid of.
Or, you can vote him out...
Old 08-27-2017, 02:31 PM   #97
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
And there are those who think that was a mistake. I don't think the Democrats are too upset about that...
Yet it throws a big wrench in the picture you're trying to paint.

Quote:
And taking away their jobs and giving them to recent immigrants would help that situation?
Not what I'm saying. My point is that there are obviously more factors that played a part rather just Democrats and immigrants. I know facts get in the way, and we're a post fact society under Trump, but facts still matter. And pictures painted with ideology over fact paint brushes are bullshit revisionist landscapes.
Quote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to assert here? On face value, it seems you are suggesting that under Democratic rule - Hispanic immigrants are capable of doing something black citizens are not.
I'm saying your simpleton equation of Democrats and immigrants is fuzzy math.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:19 PM   #98
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
And your Republican run cities are all crystal clean without a single issue, right?

By nearly every development metric, it's much better to live in blue states than red states.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:26 PM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
By nearly every development metric, it's much better to live in blue states than red states.
Tell that to these folks in sunny Southern California

Old 08-27-2017, 05:03 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Yet it throws a big wrench in the picture you're trying to paint.
I concede that conservatives should not have supported globalization in the 1980s. Do you concede that globalization (and immigration) had a negative impact on the black working class in America?
Old 08-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #101
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Tell that to these folks in sunny Southern California

Old 08-27-2017, 05:15 PM   #102
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I concede that conservatives should not have supported globalization in the 1980s. Do you concede that globalization (and immigration) had a negative impact on the black working class in America?

Globalization has a negative impact when you look at things in a micro nationalist simpleton manner. But tell me that you understand you wouldn't have that affordable smart phone that's in your hand right now if we didn't have a global market?

If you can't see that, then we'll never be able to have an intellectual discussion.

You hired a man that has economic ties all over the world, you can't actually believe that destroying globalization was actually on the table.

It's just a catch phrase for the Bannon and Alex Jones types. I'm sorry you got conned.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:03 PM   #103
The Fly

Quote:
Globalization has a negative impact when you look at things in a micro nationalist simpleton manner. But tell me that you understand you wouldn't have that affordable smart phone that's in your hand right now if we didn't have a global market?

If you can't see that, then we'll never be able to have an intellectual discussion.

You hired a man that has economic ties all over the world, you can't actually believe that destroying globalization was actually on the table.

It's just a catch phrase for the Bannon and Alex Jones types. I'm sorry you got conned.
I think it's ludicrous to assume that Americans would give up the inexpensive goods they've come to expect because of some AmericaFirst ideology. If Americans want to make these goods, then we should figure out how to compete effectively in a global market. We are not going to turn back the tide to some sort of 1950's ideal. It is extremely naive and simplistic to think so.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:17 PM   #104
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineon View Post
I think it's ludicrous to assume that Americans would give up the inexpensive goods they've come to expect because of some AmericaFirst ideology. If Americans want to make these goods, then we should figure out how to compete effectively in a global market. We are not going to turn back the tide to some sort of 1950's ideal. It is extremely naive and simplistic to think so.

Walmart's shelves would be empty and Trump wouldn't have any oversized ties to sell, yet they don't get it. They'll continue to post Alex Jones globalist bs from their smartphones that wouldn't exist if we were still just a coal mining country.

It's painful to watch.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:56 PM   #105
Blue Crack Addict

These people collectively lack the intellectual curiosity to even attempt to think critically.

Which is why they can't understand that their addiction to, and reliance on, plentiful cheap goods at places like Walmart is entirely due to globalization.

In some abstract form, they want everything to be made in America and MAGA and all that but there is the inability and/or unwillingness to consider what that means down the food chain and how that cascades down to them specifically.

They are intellectually lazy (I don't mind saying it) and instead choose to listen to Alex Jones, Fox News and the idiot-in-chief who feed into their ignorance and reinforce their erroneous beliefs.

At some point, people really do need to take responsibility for themselves. In today's age where information is readily available to nearly everybody, it is pathetic that some people choose to parrot nonsense.

And then the rest of us need to be polite and reach out and "listen to their side" of total nonsense. No, thanks. Some of us have caught on to the futility of such an exercise and have moved on.