US Politics III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, please, please pick up a history book. A real one. Try one that is pre-internet too, just to get a different perspective.
I'm not sure these sort of history books are allowed anymore. These sort of history books showed the near conquest of Europe by the Muslims (if not for two key battles: Tours and Vienna). Now, the history books only show European atrocities...

Last edited:
2020? Stuck with him till then, aren't we? And you can vote him out if you still have a constitution then
Should I expect that that we won't have a Constitution in 2020? The Armed Forces swear allegiance to the Constitution . The Right seems to love the Constitution. The Left...not so much. However, the Left is probably going to lose even more congressional seats in 2018...

Whether or not Trump wins in 2020 really depends on the economy, not the ever shrinking influence of the Left. . If the economy is going well ( a general indicator of national heath), I predict he will win a second term. If it isn't - then the Dems are reliant on the strength and charisma of the Democrat candidate.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing for the displaced working class whites, a cornerstone of the White Nationalist movement. I am arguing that the Democrat-led mass immigration and globalization policies negatively impacted the working class blacks. Do you disagree? Or do you think that that mass immigration and globalization policies were somehow beneficial to the black working class?

You're arguing a ghost.

I'm arguing that Republican-led trickle down economics negatively impacted black working class. Do you disagree? Or do you think that trickle down never got to them economics were somehow beneficial to the black working class?

Because it can only be one piece, puzzles only get completed by one piece. Your argument is cringeworthy on so many levels.

Should I expect that that we won't have a Constitution in 2020? The Armed Forces swear allegiance to the Constitution . The Right seems to love the Constitution. The Left...not so much.

You mean the right CLAIM to love the Constitution, right?

You hired a man child that wants a monarchy, come on? You can no longer play that card.

You mean the right CLAIM to love the Constitution, right?

You hired a man child that wants a monarchy, come on? You can no longer play that card.
If he can pretend that globalization was invented by US democrats and was the sole reason for poverty in black communities in the USA, then I don't see why he can't play that card.

Coherency in posts don't hide lunacy in its core.

I'm not sure these sort of history books are allowed anymore. These sort of history books showed the near conquest of Europe by the Muslims (if not for two key battles: Tours and Vienna). Now, the history books only show European atrocities...

i think people here are talking about recent history, not, you know, the 700s :lol:

I have always hated the characterization of "The Left" and "The Right" as a monolith, as if people who lean one way or another are incapable of having different ideas on things. So everyone on The Left hates the Constitution? Really? What makes you say that?

Also, Trump is lifting the ban on selling military equipment to local police forces. Fun.

You're arguing a ghost.

I'm arguing that Republican-led trickle down economics negatively impacted black working class. Do you disagree?
No, I do not disagree. It accelerated the decline of the black working class that was initiated by mass immigration and expanded by globalization.

Or do you think that trickle down never got to them economics were somehow beneficial to the black working class?
By the time of Reagan, the decline of the black working class was almost complete and the inner-cities were war zones. Reagan's trickle-down economic policies would have little impact by this time, since the working class jobs were given to new immigrants and/or shipped overseas (here is where Reagan was certainly wrong, working with the Democrats to ship jobs overseas)

AEON Logic

"There is no institutional racism, at least not that I can see. So hey how about how cheap immigrant labor took away all the good low paying jobs from the blacks, huh?"
I surely hope the Democrats didn't actually target the black communities while at the same time represent them, I was only suggesting it was a consequence of mass immigration.

i think people here are talking about recent history, not, you know, the 700s :lol:

The Democrat Party 1865 = Supports Slavery (Cheap Labor)
The Democrat Party 1965 = Supports Mass Immigration from Third World (Cheap Labor)
The Democrat Party Today = Supports Illegal Immigration - paid pennies on the dollar (Cheap Labor)

The Democrat Party 1865 = Supports Slavery (Cheap Labor)
The Democrat Party 1965 = Supports Mass Immigration from Third World (Cheap Labor)
The Democrat Party Today = Supports Illegal Immigration - paid pennies on the dollar (Cheap Labor)

You're right, that's a totally accurate and not at all unfair and grossly over-simplistic generalization.

Aeon, the Republican Party currently has control of the government. What bills, proposed laws, new initiatives and/or social programs have they put forth to help rectify the problems in black communities that you're so concerned about?

Be specific, please.

It's amazing given how these Democrats are doing everything in their power to oppress the black community, by for example, inventing Globalization and inviting Mexican rapists to pick strawberries (a typically black pursuit?), that almost no members of the AA community voted for Trump? Or Republicans in general.

I guess AEON must be supposin' that they're collectively too stupid to know what's good for them? How else would you explain a community voting like a monolith on a scale much greater than any other community?

Also, AEON, your economy is doing well now and your president's approval ratings are in the mid 30s...which is unprecedented, look it up.

I'd also like to see on which grounds the Republicans are going to win even more Congressional seats in 2018. Not even they believe that one, must be something magic in the MAGA water you're drinking.

I surely hope the Democrats didn't actually target the black communities while at the same time represent them, I was only suggesting it was a consequence of mass immigration.
But what you're missing, what you're failing to grasp is that this very suggestion is in and of itself racist - as it suggests that the black community is only capable of doing the jobs that immigrants are willing to do for cheap.

You also selectively skim over all of the various laws and tactics that were used over the years to keep large portions of the black community in a never ending cycle of poverty. You happily forget that southen Dixiecrats, many or whom were responsible for your Jim Crow and whatnot, jumped ship to the Republican party during the civil rights movement and just paint with a broad brush.

Shit, you even assume that everyone you're debating with considers themselves to be a Democrat or a member of the "left."

But what you're missing, what you're failing to grasp is that this very suggestion is in and of itself racist - as it suggests that the black community is only capable of doing the jobs that immigrants are willing to do for cheap.

Please read back a few pages. We were talking about how the black working class was just starting establish itself when the mass immigration of the 1960s hit their towns like a job eating tsunami. I am suggesting had the 1965 Immigration Act not been passed, their employment situation would have continued to improve, their wages would have steadily risen, and that we would see much healthier black middle class today (equal in size and impact in respect to their percentage of the population).

Please read back a few pages. We were talking about how the black working class was just starting establish itself when the mass immigration of the 1960s hit their towns like a job eating tsunami. I am suggesting had the 1965 Immigration Act not been passed, their employment situation would have continued to improve, their wages would have steadily risen, and that we would see much healthier black middle class today (equal in size and impact in respect to their percentage of the population).

Oh, so now you're arguing up until 1965 they were on the path to success?

It has simply become harder for any person in the lower classes or lower middle class to improve their station in life in America, regardless of race. There is less social upward mobility, due in large part to trickle down economics and the concentration of wealth in the hands of a few. There has been far less emphasis on educational assistance, and the result has been a stagnation of economic advancement. Blaming the immigrant population is a simplistic solution to complex economic factors. In addition, limiting the voting rights of the black population is unlikely to help them advance.

Also, I certainly believe that a black person (or any person) can be a racist. My point was that, lacking power, their acts of racism will have a more limited "lashing out" sort of quality. I'm sorry if I was unclear.

It has simply become harder for any person in the lower classes or lower middle class to improve their station in life in America, regardless of race. .
It is still fairly easy to achieve a middle class life in America.

There is less social upward mobility, due in large part to trickle down economics and the concentration of wealth in the hands of a few. .
I agree - certainly on the concentration of wealth in the hands of so few.

There has been far less emphasis on educational assistance, and the result has been a stagnation of economic advancement.
More technical schools for US citizens. Ask the companies that need the STEM talent to subsidize - maybe as a tax credit. There is a strong demand for electricians, welders, heavy equipment operators, wind turbine repair, network engineers, system administrators...etc. These jobs pay well and only require 2-3 years of training (many cases far less). I'm just brainstorming here...

Blaming the immigrant population is a simplistic solution to complex economic factors. In addition, limiting the voting rights of the black population is unlikely to help them advance.
Anytime you flood the market with an excess supply of labor, you weaken their bargaining power.

I'm not sure who is advocating limiting black votes. My only requirement is proof of citizenship. Why would anyone be against that?

Also, I certainly believe that a black person (or any person) can be a racist. My point was that, lacking power, their acts of racism will have a more limited "lashing out" sort of quality. I'm sorry if I was unclear.
Thank you for clarifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom