US Politics - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2017, 06:36 AM   #136
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:11 PM
I remember discussing the election with someone who's worked with Trump on a few projects, who's a liberal, and who rebuked me immediately when I talked of how stupid Trump was. He agreed he was a con man, but was adamant that he was one of the sharpest persons he's ever worked with.

So I suppose there's that third side... That this was supposed to be just another grand con that went further than Trump ever imagined... that he allowed certain elements in because he never thought he'd ever actually win, and didn't really want to win just wanted to further his brand... and that he's been trying to self sabatoge at points along the way and it just simply hasn't worked. Heck, you could make some pretty solid points on how he's still trying to self sabatoge to get out of this.

Whatever it is... idiot, traitor or publicity stunt gone way way too far... somehow, someway it needs to come to an end. And soon.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I remember discussing the election with someone who's worked with Trump on a few projects, who's a liberal, and who rebuked me immediately when I talked of how stupid Trump was. He agreed he was a con man, but was adamant that he was one of the sharpest persons he's ever worked with.
It's also highly possible/likely that he is experiencing old-age dementia, or plain old senility. This is a fairly elderly man with unhealthy eating habits who proclaims that he only wants/needs 3-4 hours of sleep a night. Which is to be believed given that he tweets pretty much 24/7. Even in a healthy young adult this would lead to cognitive impairment, but in somebody of his age, it's even worse. I was a full time caretaker for a grandmother with Alzheimers for the last 7 or so years of her life (last 2 were in a specialized Alzheimer's home/unit for safety reasons) and I don't think that he shows signs of Alzheimer's at all but the way he speaks and repeats himself and repeats a very simple sentence structure over and over and is unable to stay on topic is highly suggestive of a person of advanced age who is experiencing some cognitive impairment.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:04 AM   #138
Blue Crack Distributor

So we're up to 4 distinct, realistic possibilities...

1) treason
2) sheer incompetence and/or stupidity
3) publicity stunt​ gone wayyyyy too far that he can't seem to get out of no matter how hard he tries
4) mental illness / cognitive impairment

Makes you all warm and fuzzy inside.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:06 AM   #139
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:11 AM
Quote:
So we're up to 4 distinct, realistic possibilities...

1) treason
2) sheer incompetence and/or stupidity
3) publicity stunt​ gone wayyyyy too far that he can't seem to get out of no matter how hard he tries
4) mental illness / cognitive impairment

Makes you all warm and fuzzy inside.

'Merica!
Old 05-16-2017, 09:09 AM   #140
Blue Crack Distributor

Imagine one day he just snaps from the pressure?

"What the fuck is wrong with you people? How could you not see through this bullshit? I was TRYING to lose and TRYING to get impeached, and you assholes couldn't even get THAT done???"
Old 05-16-2017, 09:52 AM   #141
Blue Crack Addict

Where is Ivanka? I thought she and the husband were widely seen as some sort of stabilizing factors. Have they given up? Is she back to shilling cheap purses?

In truth we (the world) are being held hostage to Paul Ryan's obsessive compulsive need for tax cuts. So long as Trump is a useful idiot for this purpose nothing will change. After the tax cuts are in place, what little need they had for him will expire and then it'll be like a snake devouring its own tail just in time for the 2018 primaries.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:58 AM   #142
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Where is Ivanka? I thought she and the husband were widely seen as some sort of stabilizing factors. Have they given up? Is she back to shilling cheap purses?

In truth we (the world) are being held hostage to Paul Ryan's obsessive compulsive need for tax cuts. So long as Trump is a useful idiot for this purpose nothing will change. After the tax cuts are in place, what little need they had for him will expire and then it'll be like a snake devouring its own tail just in time for the 2018 primaries.
#TeamKush is definitely not trying to capitalize on their new found power with favorable real estate deals in China. No ma'am, not them. Not at all.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:59 AM   #143
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Imagine one day he just snaps from the pressure?

"What the fuck is wrong with you people? How could you not see through this bullshit? I was TRYING to lose and TRYING to get impeached, and you assholes couldn't even get THAT done???"

I was really hoping that upon election he betrayed his voters and told them they're all assholes for voting for him and Donald ended up winning a nobel peace prize for making an example of many bad people.

It might be a royal flush of expectations, but, well, you know.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #144
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:11 PM
I don't get the idea that GOP are using Trump to get what they want.

If trump is impeached or resigns or whatever, Pence is in charge. Pence will go along with the same ideas and legislation
Old 05-16-2017, 10:18 AM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post

If trump is impeached or resigns or whatever, Pence is in charge. Pence will go along with the same ideas and legislation
I don't think that Trump will get impeached, the Republicans don't put country before agenda.

But they will disavow him and run in the opposite direction in 2020 IF he even decides to run again. That would be quite a commitment for a lazy person like him. Mike Pence will be cooked along with him - he has little to no charisma of his own, and if Trump bows out or the Republicans smell blood in the water you'll have a primary of 20 people all over again.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:33 PM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I would think that the GOP would be wise to get rid of Trump now, let Pence take over and try to save some face for 2018, and 2020

By holding on, they're going to sink with the administration.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:05 PM   #147
Blue Crack Distributor

Unless they know Pence is going down, too
Old 05-16-2017, 01:17 PM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Then Paul Ryan is in.

I think it's more they are so incompetent that they can't do anything without falling over or fucking up. One thing Trump has done is take all the focus away from the disastrous healthcare bill, which I can't see being made better by Senate.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:43 PM   #149
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post

but 88% of GOP voters approve of Trump, not Pence. don't want them to get all backstabby because you took out their man.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:17 PM   #150
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Do they really?

And I wonder what % of those 88% only support him because he pisses of libtards?